Where are you From? (Geo-Member Thread)

edited April 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 40
Hey MI Section 6 Community

since i talked to alot nice people here, about Bond Stuff and also more personal things like where i am from or why i didnt voted for David Niven or Barry Nelson in the Poll Thread - Which PAST Bond would you pick to film one more movie?, i was curious where the members of this awesome Community from.

I am from Basel-City, Switzerland, Middle-Europe

And if this thread already exists somewhere, no problem if the admins want to delete this one. I searched with the Google Bar, but found nothing, so i felt free to start this Geo-Thread. And also important: since you know i am from switzerland, please excuse my poor english and remember: you have the licence to correct me :)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have been to Basel as well. Great city. I live in Fredrikstad, Norway.
    Not on a death list, am I? :-??
  • How do you mean? ..more important why? :)
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2014 Posts: 432
    I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I am half Finnish and Mexican though.

Well, that's where I am from
    How do you mean? ..more important why? :)

Phew! :(
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thunderfinger usually has his tongue firmly in cheek, something new members need to learn quickly. He usually is having fun here. And he tries to portray himself as a big bad evil villain for some reason, even though we all know he is a Nordic sweet loon. :D

We have a thread where members can post lots of info, including where they are from. Darn if I can remember what it is called now, something like New Members Info ...

I'm from Florida originally, now in Asia, teaching.
    I have always wanted to visit Switzerland! It looks so beautiful.
    The Swiss mountains in wintertime are almost as beautiful as the Norwegian ones (where I was born and have my heart). I am bad and you know it. Do not try to sweeten me, the newcomers must learn the hard way.
  • Thunderfinger usually has his tongue firmly in cheek, something new members need to learn quickly. He usually is having fun here. And he tries to portray himself as a big bad evil villain for some reason, even though we all know he is a Nordic sweet loon. :D

We have a thread where members can post lots of info, including where they are from. Darn if I can remember what it is called now, something like New Members Info ...

I'm from Florida originally, now in Asia, teaching.
    I have always wanted to visit Switzerland! It looks so beautiful.

Sure he is the villain.. thats why he`s on my list - i wonder why he`s answering my postings - thought he thinks this room is too little for him and my ego.. ;) :D
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    One thing Thunderfinger never does: be quiet for any length of time. 8-|

(Hate to say it, but most of us would not have it otherwise ... don't tell him that, though!)

By the way, I LOVE your avatar, UniversalExport. :)
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 14,839
    I am originally from Chicoutimi in the Saguenay region of Quebec, Canada. Although born in Quebec City. Now I live in the UK.

And I might as well quote The Dragonfly of Chicoutimi here:

"Chicoutimi is an Amerindian word
    it means up to where the water is deep
    this word refers to the Saguenay
    a big a beautiful a splendid river
    but Chicoutimi as a town is ugly
    as every American town
    and this ugliness is very interesting
    but fortunately nature surrounds every town
    in this country
    and nature cannot be ugly
    "
    I really enjoyed reading that, Ludovico; thanks.

Found the already existing relevant thread, MI6 Member Info. :)
    Has location and lots more; please use that, too.
  • @Ludovico: enchanting =D>

4EverBonded: Thanks, i like your Name.. very clever :)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,257
    I'm from Anaheim, California... home of Disneyland.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    I am half Finnish and Mexican though.

No kidding. I've got some Finnish blood in me from my dad's side (my last name means 'Lake' in Finnish) and I'm about 1/4 Mexican from my mom's side.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I have a kangaroo in my backyard. Everyone here does. Guess where I'm from. Go on, hop to it.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    We might as well continue to share our locations in the mentioned MI6 Member info thread :) No worries @UniversalExport, you tried the search function, kudos for that!

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/86/mi6-member-info/p7#Item_193

Locking this one up for now.
This discussion has been closed.