"I love you...?": Let's discuss... You Only Live Twice (1967)/ Poll

124»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote:
    I didn't even own it until a few weeks ago, so I've just seen it with fresh eyes.
    Six months and two viewings later I still say this is one of the most entertaining in the whole series. Of all the 'BIG' Bonds, this was the only one to have Connery, Adam & Barry.
    Like Arnold said in True Lies, "What a team!"
  • I was viewing some of this release very recently when time permitted itself, and although berated at length in the past, I do think it's actually a decent little movie

Of course Bond gets 'married' for the first time and we are introduced to Ernst Stavro Blofeld for the first time also. The biggest thing I found is how much Connery had aged by 1967 after his earlier appearances just a few short years earlier. The difference between this and From Russia With Love just four years earlier really is remarkable

Connery of course chose to divorce himself from the James Bond series during production in saying 'he had had enough' and maybe the strain of playing Bond by then had caught up a little. It's one of the better releases of all the Bond films though, although you stay in Japan for nearly the entire duration, but there is lots to get involved in. Nancy Sinatras great theme intro is also a bonus
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It's one of the better releases of all the Bond films though, although you stay in Japan for nearly the entire duration, but there is lots to get involved in.
    Well put. And remember, back in '67 this was a terribly exotic movie!