Movies that should be re made

13»

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 2,341
    Troy anyone?

I loved The Iliad but i think the story has so many complex characters and the story tends to get away from filmmakers. I think that a remake that concentrated on the actual book, The Iliad which deals with a 30 day period in the 9th year of the War would be the way to go. Leave out the bloody Trojan Horse. Why do filmmakers want to include that damned wooden horse when it is not even mentioned in the actual book, The Iliad??

The Odessey is an enigma. It has never adapted well. There have been several attempts but it always bombs. Perhaps it has too many characters also and the plot is far reaching. On the surface it looks like a good story with the battles, the monsters (Cyclops, Scillia, The Sirens) but it is just not right for motion pictures. The book is enjoyable but I don't think that any justice could be done in two hours.

Perhaps if it were done as a trilogy then the fine material could be well served. Some ambitious filmmaker with truckloads of cash and a studio willing to take the chance.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    SaintMark wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Yes, last time I checked, at least the Feuillade ones.

Highly recommended? I'll be investing then. I assume they re in English, not French. Bit rusty on that!

Well, they are silent movies...

Oh, even the TV series?

The Feuillade movies yes, the Chabrol TV series is in French and I don't think you can find it outside France. The de Funès movies are pure James Bond parodies than Fantômas stories and they are also in French.

And available in Germany, which is where I got my Chabrol series from from.

And the Feuillade movies are available through Amazon and such

As for the books, the first two Fantomas and the silent executioner have been released in the '90's and are easy to find, Fantomas daughter has been more recently released and should be the easiest to find.
    I do have a few more collected slowly and are more of the early English releases from the beginning of last century, they are kinda expensive by now.

Thank you for the additional information, @SaintMark. Much appreciated. I will have to track some of these items down - they sound like good investment.
    Another movie I think could be remade: Orca The Killer Whale. The original was far from a masterpiece, but it had a beautiful haunting score by Ennio Morricone and some very interesting themes. As a child, I was very disturbed by it in a "positive" way. With the recent controversies about treatment of killer whales in marine parks, the movie is now very topical. The script was very messy,it could only be improved. It would be difficult to find a lead as good as Richard Harris though.
    A second coming of "Thunderbirds" would be most welcome.

Watching Thunderbird 2 on the big screen will always be a special event for me.
    Another remake that is overdue
    "Race with the Devil" with Peter Fonda, Loretta Swift, Warren Oakes and Laura Parker about two vacationing couples who witness a satanic human sacrifice then have to run for their lives from the satanists vent on disposing of witnesses.
    this movie and some genuine thrills and would be fun to see it redone today.

Or maybe they should leave well enough alone...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    We should definitely get a proper Blueberry film.

The 2004 film wasn t a bad film, but it was a horrible Blueberry film.

So not so much a remake, more a new attempt.
    I am really not looking forward to any remakes, prefer new ideas.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Batman v Superman
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Batman v Superman

This time with action figures.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here's a lego version. ;)
    Un Chien Andalou
    Moonraker (1979).
    Lost in Space (1998)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    001 wrote: »
    Lost in Space (1998)

I would like that. I did enjoy the 1998 movie though. I feel like Matt Leblanc was a very underused actor. I always thought he could've made a pretty good action star but he's typically type cast in comedic roles. Probably because of his role in Friends.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Moonraker.
    Not that it needs a remake, but I'd like to see a remake of Forbidden Planet.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Jaws 3.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Moonraker.

Glad to see that we're in agreement then!
    I would like to see a proper adaptation of Howard the Duck. Preferably animated.
    I think after his brief cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy a remake was in the works supposedly.
    I have low hopes.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    James Gunn said that the cameo was just for fun and there was never any plans to make a Howard the Duck movie.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Moonraker (1979).

That wouldn't be a remake but an adaptation from the same source. And it has been done fairly often.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Moonraker (1979).

That wouldn't be a remake but an adaptation from the same source. And it has been done fairly often.

True, actually. I guess that I I meant made faithfully to the literary source instead!