Captain America II question (mini mini spoiler)

edited March 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,015
I couldn't find a thread for this question.
I just saw Captain America : Winter Soldier (very good ! much much better than the first one IMO..)
I have a question about a scene that happens after about 30 seconds, so this is is a mini mini spoiler, but for the sake of it I'll use the tag.
I saw the "original version with French subtitles". There should be zero changes from the US version (while in dubbed versions, it can happen sometimes that they make specific shots in which some writings and panels are translated etc..). But I wonder about
what is written in Steve Roger's notebook when he opens it to add the Marvin Gaye reference. In the movie I saw, it's full of French references ! But it's written in English though (Luc Besson's "Fifth Element" is not written as "Le Cinquième Element" for instance). Is it a specific shot for the French version, or does it happen too in the other versions ? I had the time to read "Daft Punk", "The Fifth Element", "France 98" (the Soccer World Cup), "Louis de Funes", and possibly even "Coluche" but I'm not sure. About half of the list is about France and I did not have time to read the others... Or is it to kind of compensate for the fact that the bad guys speak French in the next few minutes ? It was a bit weird to hear Bartoc speak with a strong French-canadian accent - it caused quite some laughs here in Paris each time Bartoc said some words - and when it was said he was Algerian everyone was "Meh ?".

Comments

I saw the German version, and didn´t read much from the list. It was all American things, but things popular in Germany too, like Disco, Star Wars/Trek. So apparently they changed the list according to nationality.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Turns out it's indeed adapted. Wow, they bothered to write "Le Cinquième Element" in English for this English version for the French audience, that's quite some meta adaptation. Here's the US version (which was not changed for Germany ?)
    xlgtsjaeqmdajd4hz5if.jpg
    Now I wonder if another country had some adaptation, and in particular if they did a UK one :)
    Well it looks they did one :
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=93674
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Turns out it's indeed adapted. Wow, they bothered to write "Le Cinquième Element" in English for this English version for the French audience, that's quite some meta adaptation. Here's the US version (which was not changed for Germany ?)
    xlgtsjaeqmdajd4hz5if.jpg
    I think that´s the one we got in Germany.
    Seems we´re quite americanized;-).