New video from the potential 2011 bond game

edited June 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 9,767

this is definitely different then what we saw 6 months ago
http://mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_raven_first_look.php3?t=&s=games&id=02740

A few points as I'm watching this

1. Daniel Craig looks great even better facial and body movement then Blood stone and since this is just a demo reel I'm hoping/expecting for bond 2011 to be gorgeous looking

2. Bond will be wearing a Suit and what looks like what he wore in Madagascar however if you look at the pics and footage from December it's definitely similar to what we saw so I have no problem with the outfits

3. Some cool wall jumping/hanging animation I'm really hoping this means each level will be more explore-able.

What do you think?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A few animations that haven't been in previous games should help.

Thanks for this @Risico007. It's a shame E3 didn't give us more on this game. Hopefully soon.
    Agreed Activision seems to not get that promoting bond games helps sales. Weird you'd think they would get it.

I figure by July we'll know more about the game.- I just hope it does get released this year as i honestly am kinda sad that thus far this year there isn't a spy genre video game.
    hmm interesting
    where you have found this video? and what was the deal with those other non-bond stuff?
    keep us updated @Risico007
    I hope this game will feature a split-screen multiplayer with some classic Bond villains!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    it seems okay... it's hard to judge based on vids like this - i compare it to judging a movie by watching dailies, instead of the viewing the final piece (if that makes sense)... but it seems okay....

the animation and movement (for me) in Blood Stone wasn't the problem, it was the modeling - severely dated..... in this video, the modeling doesn't look awful - it looks less glossy (which is good).. but it still isn't up to the standard i expect.. which - maybe i expect too much... but it still looks similar to Blood Stone, just touched up a bit...

i still think they should take time a create a worthwhile experience, instead of churning out another "run of the mill" game....................... which i will probably still end up buying - because i have no backbone lol.
    Why isn't the video working at all?
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Why isn't the video working at all?
    It is for me @JamesBond...
    Can I see it, too, if you don't mind?
    You should be able to just click it and it will play. It's the video at the top of the page.
    The gunplay and action wasn't I had a problem with in Blood Stone. The car chases need to have an objective other than keep with the car for 'x' amount of time and then its completed, there needs to be more varied gameplay (like how EoN had car chases, shooting, stealth, free fall, motorcycle chase, etc.) and they need to allow some kind of free roam capability in places like MI6 and areas where Bond is out on the mission.

This does look good though, I do think the climbing bit looked like they may allow you to explore the levels a little bit more.
    You should be able to just click it and it will play. It's the video at the top of the page.
    The problem is... Just black box exists above. There are no mechanics...nothing... What is the problem with me, anyway?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    try updating your browser - it may be something with the flash player that needs to update.. or - just download another browser, different from the one your using... I had this same problem with Firefox for a while - i would open the same video in Safari, and it would play......

past that - i don't know what to tell you lol.
    try updating your browser - it may be something with the flash player that needs to update.. or - just download another browser, different from the one your using... I had this same problem with Firefox for a while - i would open the same video in Safari, and it would play......

past that - i don't know what to tell you lol.
    So, it doesn't play on Firefox, bcause I only use that browser, the Internet Explorer has been damaged.

Thanks, anyway.
    As @haserot said, make sure you have Abobe Flash installed. Here's a link.
    Thank you very much, fellows. I finally saw the video. But, I really missed the previous one, which was hit the internet over 7 months ago. I only saw the screenshots and nothing more. When I tried to watch that video, it was already removed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Looks promising. The only question is will the game be a follow up to Blood Stone, or something new? The game should keep some that was in Blood Stone. My favorite parts of the game were when you got to roam around small areas and look at the objective you were heading to instead of having a cinematic. Motion Capture seems promising as well, so the fights and style of Bond's fighting seem real. Hopefully the game will have a great writer. Bruce Feirstein was an ok writer for Blood Stone, but it all didn't feel like Bond. Just have to wait and see.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    Hopefully the game will have a great writer. Bruce Feirstein was an ok writer for Blood Stone, but it all didn't feel like Bond. Just have to wait and see.
    Did you really know that they spoiled Bruce Feirstein's work? Activision are full of bastards. If Bruce Feirstein was never related with 007 universe, then there wouldn't be legendary GoldenEye, suave Tomorrow Never Dies and dramatic The World Is Not Enough, with the addition of the best movie-based game Everything or Nothing. Blood Stone wasn't the original idea of Feirstein, he just revamped it as much as he can. He wasn't happy with the story anyway.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    dramatic The World Is Not Enough
    You mean campy melodramatic TWINE... :-))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm hoping the new Bond game we are hearing about is GE for the PS3 and 360.
    I'm hoping the new Bond game we are hearing about is GE for the PS3 and 360.
    No, please. We need something new. If it is GoldenEye sequel, it'll be alright. But, not the same GoldenEye. Why don't they release Raven's untitled Bond game?
    This is new. I haven't played GE since I was a boy, so it's new to me. You want a sequel, go play GE: Rogue Agent. What would be wrong with something like GE Source coming to the 360 and PS3? Would be addictive entertainment. I don't want another third-person Bond game, wasn't crazy about the last two. EoN was alright, but BloodStone just didn't cut it for me. Felt very monotonous and repetitive after a while.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 9,767
    personally i just want a bond game that breaks the rules like arkham asylum did

Rule # 1 levels have to be linear so it's easier for the player

how to break: it make each level a building complex or natural area with multiple ways to reach the end goal!

etc
    If the game is linear, though, won't that mean it's a straight forward path?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    This is new. I haven't played GE since I was a boy, so it's new to me. You want a sequel, go play GE: Rogue Agent. What would be wrong with something like GE Source coming to the 360 and PS3? Would be addictive entertainment. I don't want another third-person Bond game, wasn't crazy about the last two. EoN was alright, but BloodStone just didn't cut it for me. Felt very monotonous and repetitive after a while.
    Let me shorten my comment, I don't mean disrespect but...

1-GERA is not a Bond game. There is no Bond in that rubbish game which brought shame to the franchise.

2-GERA is not GE64's sequel neither GE film's, because it's NOT a Bond game.
    3-We had a sassy character who calls himself tough and he's like a girl, even dresses boots like girls. Daniel Craig (Bond character) calls himself soft and he can kill GERA (character) by just pointing him with his little finger in gun style, yelling BANG!

4-GE2010 was a spin-off remake and it's not something new anymore. I've played it on Wii and prior to my playing, I watched every video of the gameplay on youtube. So, I know the whole story with every scene.

5-Here's something that can be called a SEQUEL to GoldenEye (64 or Wii or the film):
    "Alec Trevelyan's death may have delayed the strike, but his plans are still carried by his closest friend in his organization. Looking for justice, they battle the corruption in the wrong way, which caused Trevelyan to die. MI6 intelligence claims that GoldenEye weapon hasn't been found in the crash site, where it was sank down in Nigeria. Soon thereafter, Janus organization's threats have begun, Aragon Optimus, the current leader of the terrorist organization now owns the stolen GoldenEye weapon, and an evidence shows that there is another satellite from the same brand of the Nigerian exists. James Bond is called once again for the mission. His objective is to stop this new operation called "GoldenEye Reloaded", stating that the same inhuman element will take place with different but far more horrifying utilities."

This is my blurb, I've tried to send it to Activision, but I found there's no point. So, I've transformed it into original fan-fiction.

Thank You
    allow me to play hold em poker in one level Mr Bond and I'd play your game ovwer activisions any day of the week
    allow me to play hold em poker in one level Mr Bond and I'd play your game ovwer activisions any day of the week
    :-D
    I just don't understand watching Bond play Cards (whatever game you choose) has been apart of the bond mystique since Dr. No why the video game comunity often ignores this (except for the world is not enough for PS1 and James Bond 007 for game Boy) is beyond me with a competent plot and level design it could be fit in without feeling forced and being fun and a challenge to gamers but no all we get is run jump shoot games. I refuse to spend money on reloaded i'll just ask for it for my birthday in December.
    I just don't understand watching Bond play Cards (whatever game you choose) has been apart of the bond mystique since Dr. No why the video game comunity often ignores this (except for the world is not enough for PS1 and James Bond 007 for game Boy) is beyond me with a competent plot and level design it could be fit in without feeling forced and being fun and a challenge to gamers but no all we get is run jump shoot games. I refuse to spend money on reloaded i'll just ask for it for my birthday in December.
    Blood Stone for Nintendo DS didn't ignore it, too. Bond plays Hold'em against Pamerov. You can check out a cutscene capture from my gallery. here:
    http://jackchristian.deviantart.com/gallery/30114360

For a bit of your last sentence, I totally agree with you, we don't have to control Bond as an assassin, but as an investigator like true spies.
  • oo7oo7
    so what did these animations go into?
    I don't know, but the graphics are loads above Activision.