Have you met 007 ?

edited March 2014 in Actors Posts: 19,339
Have you met an actor who has played 007 ?
One of the big 6 ?

Who was it and what happened ?

I ,personally have met Sir Roger,at a select Q&A and book signing .
He was charming as always,unflustered.

And my book was personalised which not many other people got,so i was a happy bunny.

Or,if you havent met a Bond,which one would you like to meet ?

Discuss........

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I would love to meet George and Rog. George because OHMSS is my favourite Bond film (and George is my third favourite Bond) and Roger because he is my favourite Bond.
    Or Dalton, too...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I would love to meet George and Rog. George because OHMSS is my favourite Bond film (and George is my third favourite Bond) and Roger because he is my favourite Bond.
    Or Dalton, too...

That would be the perfect trio for me, too!
    I luckily got to meet George Lazenby a number of years ago. The picture is on one of the threads on here somewhere? A really nice guy and it was his first ever appearance at a signing in the UK atleast, which took place in Northampton.
    I've meet Sean, George, Roger, Timothy, Daniel and had dinner with Pierce several months ago.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    @delfloria: Seriously? Seriously?
    Well, if so, you are indeed fortunate. 8->

And if per chance any future opportunity arises (and before Creasy47 or chrisisall horn in) ... please tell Pierce I have greatly admired his work (Bond and nonBond roles) for years. :x

Thank you. :)>-

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If not true, then we are at least in the same boat. :)

Met Sean while filming "Diamonds are Forever" and yes........... Dinner party with Pierce and Keely a few months ago is true.
    Bless you. :)
    That is special and nice. I appreciate you sharing with us here.
    (I do love Pierce ... you can pass that on ... and thanks!)

I was just saying on the other thread how much I am looking forward to November Man.
    I want to meet Tim and talk in-depth about Bond with him.

I want to meet George and thank him for what he added to the series in a sole appearance.

And finally, I want to meet Dan and endlessly praise him.
    delfloria wrote:
    I've meet Sean, George, Roger, Timothy, Daniel and had dinner with Pierce several months ago.

:-)) =)) :-? 8-} :-j If that were true? You could manage more than just a sentence!
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    I luckily got to meet George Lazenby a number of years ago. The picture is on one of the threads on here somewhere? A really nice guy and it was his first ever appearance at a signing in the UK atleast, which took place in Northampton.

George would seem the most approachable. Perhaps if a Kickstarter project that finds a way to go around the licensing issues with EON can raise a small chunk for Lazenby to play a monologue based on the aftermath of OHMSS or possibly CR's Vesper with ticket sales raising money for charity. I'm just saying... but as far as meeting 007, they've aged quite a bit lol.
  • To clarify, no I haven't met any. Let's see if others on this board have met 007.
  • RC7RC7
    The closest I've been is seeing Rog in person a couple of times and standing 5ft from Dan on the red carpet. Other than that, I'm yet to meet or see any of the others.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    delfloria wrote:

:-)) =)) :-? 8-} :-j If that were true? You could manage more than just a sentence!

OK, here's at least another sentence.

Met Sean while filming "Diamonds Ar Forever", Met George while I was working on "The Return of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.", Met Roger at the premiere of "Live and Let Die" at the Chinese Theater, Worked with Timothy on the last "Looney Tunes" movie at Warner Bros, Met Pierce at an Oscar presentation dinner party and Daniel while he was promoting "SKYFALL" at the Directors Guild Theater.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Impressive, @delfloria. What exactly is your line of work, if you can reveal it?
    And that was a gracious reply, delfloria, especially since RogueAgent went emoticon crazy.
    If you are in the entertainment business and can tell us anything in particular, that's fine. But if you feel that you are not comfortable saying much about your work or whatever, I do respect that.

There are so many jobs that are necessary in the film and television business. At least you have been close enough to meet some interesting actors, which is great. I've never had the access or chance opportunity.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 19,339
    I had a feeling Pierce had this in him.
    To me i feel,gut instinct, that only Sir Roger,George,and Tim would be approachable.

Well,i know Sir Roger is,as i have met him.

I'm not convinced that Pierce,Sir Sean and Daniel are particularly approachable one-to-one...
    This would have been about 1990 ?
    Cassandra Harris was heavily involved in her fight against ovarian cancer then,before she died in 1991,so that would have been on his mind as well,trying to support her morally and financially,so fair point,it wouldnt have been a happy time.
    I have the most serious doubts about this being true.
    Hmmm, maybe not the best time for me to approach him

Nope,she died on 28th December '91 so i think you might have put your foot in that one .

#-o
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,948
    I have the most serious doubts about this being true.
    Of course it's not. The forum's being hijacked again. While the mods are away, the trolls will play.
    I was just looking for a mod. Ah well. Signing off soon anyway.
    Cheers!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,347
    IFM on A_RealBrains people. He'll soon be gone, until then, all of his posts will.

Thanks for flagging.
    Impressive, @delfloria. What exactly is your line of work, if you can reveal it?

I'm curious too?
    Sure, I'm in the film business and have been so for about 35 years but I've always been a big Bond fan.
    delfloria wrote:
    Sure, I'm in the film business and have been so for about 35 years but I've always been a big Bond fan.

Have you got any pics of the people you have met? Not just the Bond ones, I am sure a lot of people would love to see them!
  • I saw Pierce Brosnan from afar, that doesn't count because it was so obscure and was not really meeting him. But I do remember he had very hairy arms. He probably had a 2nd hairdresser on the set of his Bond movies. Good actor, mostly bad movies but not all his fault.