Possible endings to the Bond- franchise

edited February 2014 in News Posts: 15
Hello Bond fans!

If they ever make a final Bond film (hope not), how would you like it to end?
Here are a few possible endings i´d like/hate.

I´d like:

1. Just a normal ending that leaves us knowing that Bond is still out there kicking ass, despite we can´t see it
2. Bond quits as a field agent and becomes the new M

I´d dislike:

1. Bond dying
2. Bond finding the love of his life and deciding to quit as an agent in order to live with her

How would you like it all to end (hope it never ends, but still)?

Comments

1. Just a normal ending that leaves us knowing that Bond is still out there kicking ass, despite we can´t see it

This way,just in case Bond would return.He will never be killed off or become M,he is too iconic.
    1st suggested is the only one that makes sense. Bond cannot die, and there's also no way he'll actually settle down or become M. I wonder when/if the series will end...?
  • The series would only come to an end if they stop making money. Given the popularity of Skyfall, the Bond series is unlikely to end anytime soon.
    The only people who can end it? Are the producers! And to be perfectly honest I can not see that happening, if they did? Please not in my lifetime!!!! ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited February 2014 Posts: 2,044
    If the laws doesn't change then we have to see what happens in 2053 when Bond becomes a public property. Which basically means that everyone can make a Bond movie. A little like what's happened to Sherlock Holmes!
    MrBond wrote:
    If the laws doesen't change then we have to see what happens in 2053 when Bond becomes a public property. Which basically means that everyone can make a Bond movie. A little like what's happened to Sherlock Holmes!

What a frightening thought....

8-X
    MrBond wrote:
    If the laws doesen't change then we have to see what happens in 2053 when Bond becomes a public property.

Bond won't become public property in 2053.
  • After a Skyfall-esque movie, Bond should retire and settle in Goldeneye, Fleming's old residence.
    I hope that 007 is forever
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MrBond wrote:
    If the laws doesen't change then we have to see what happens in 2053 when Bond becomes a public property.

I used the wonderful Inter Net to read up on UK copyright law for litterary work. It was regulated in 1995, and covers all property that was still copyright protected by then, and applies to the work of any British writer who has died since 1925. This applies to Fleming and Bond.

The rules state that the copyright is valid until 70 years after the death of the author and until the end of that year, i.e. 31st Dec 2034. From 1st Jan 2035, James Bond is up for grabs.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    MrBond wrote:

I used the wonderful Inter Net to read up on UK copyright law for litterary work. It was regulated in 1995, and covers all property that was still copyright protected by then, and applies to the work of any British writer who has died since 1925. This applies to Fleming and Bond.

The rules state that the copyright is valid until 70 years after the death of the author and until the end of that year, i.e. 31st Dec 2034. From 1st Jan 2035, James Bond is up for grabs.

Eugh, what a horrific thought.
  • Imagine if Joel Schumacher tried to make a Bond film!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, we all know what Tarantino's waiting for.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleoego wrote:
    Well, we all know what Tarantino's waiting for.
    He'd be in his 90's by that time. :))
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    That's going to be interesting, in my opinion.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This is clearly not 'news' , and is already a thread.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1027/how-does-it-end-for-007/p1

Please continue in the thread as linked. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.