Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    In a couple of months hopefully things will be as they were before. That's what I call money well spent! ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would love to take the tour there someday, see if I could tip someone off to let me run around the place for a while.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would love to take the tour there someday, see if I could tip someone off to let me run around the place for a while.

You and me Both. We could remake the Cradle scenes in it! :D
    @Murdock, yes we could! Let's find out a way to do this. Hopefully it's repaired by then.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 16,331
    @Creasy47 I'll bring the mines. ;)
    Murdock wrote:
    @Creasy47 I'll bring the mines. ;)

I'll bring Natalya.

Does anyone know if you can visit the dish on a tour? I was kind of confused as I was trying to skim through it before work tonight.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    You sure can. Very popular it is too. It must be on the DVD somewhere, though I am not certain where, you can see the main players at EON having a look around it when scouting for locations in 1994.
    Next year we should all go to Puerto Rico and celebrate GoldenEye's 20th Anniversary. :-bd
    Awesome, Samuel, I had no idea. I'm thinking @Murdock has an excellent idea, there. We really should do it. You know I'd be the first hand raised for joining in on that.
    Oh and we have to dress as characters in the movie for good measure. ;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Wow! I didn't even know this was a real set! That's a magnificent piece of technology. I'll put it on my Bond bucket list, just behind Piz Gloria!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    Next year we should all go to Puerto Rico and celebrate GoldenEye's 20th Anniversary. :-bd

Great idea, @Murdock! :-) GE means a lot to me. I rank it in the top 3 Bond movies of all time, quite simply for personal reasons. And I can't believe it's already that 'old'. Of all the Brosnans, I still think this one looks the best, the most modern, the most timeless.

It can also been seen in the film Contact and in The X-Files episode "Little Green Men".

Here is the history of it if you're interested:

It was also seen briefly in "The Losers".
    Murdock wrote:

A title that reflects on the film's contents I'd say. ;-)

DarthDimi wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Actually The Losers is a nice little Action film based on a comic book. It was entertaining and had a good cast. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Actually The Losers is a nice little Action film based on a comic book. It was entertaining and had a good cast. :)

Can't agree with that, I'm afraid, dear @Murdock. ;-)
    Chris Evans is the only thing about this film that works. Everything else, from the villain's ridiculous plot to the very opening of the film, struggles to convince or even entertain me. But that one scene where Evans walks through the office building as only he can, probably will get me to re-watch the film eventually. ;-)
    @DarthDimi, Fair enough. It's one of those predictable movies, but I really enjoyed the team aspect as this movie was one of the influences of my Bruce Murdock series I'm writing. In fact, I feel like the 2010 A-Team movie ripped off the ending to this movie. :))

'The Losers' was one of those entertaining films, for what it was worth. Didn't really focus on seriousness, plot, etc. and just tried to enjoy the action.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The Losers' was one of those entertaining films, for what it was worth. Didn't really focus on seriousness, plot, etc. and just tried to enjoy the action.

Exactly. It's a cheesy Action movie that doesn't take it'self too seriously and has a great cast too. And it was nice to see Jeffery Dean Morgan as the leader of the group. You don't see actors like that lead an action movie anymore. But the thread is quickly being derailed. :p Let's hope for a speedy repair for Arecibo. :)