The Simpsons on modern James Bond films....

edited January 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 1,661

;))

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Ouch. Can't say I agree with alot of this. And are we still on this "Daniel Craig is ugly" thing? This joke is 8 years too late. But don't get me wrong I grew up on The Simpsons and in its prime I think it was the best show on TV.
    The Simpsons used to be funny. That was a very long time ago though...
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 11,189
    The Simpsons has turned into Family Guy...it's doing cheap shots.

In fairness could it be that they are MAKING FUN of people that still think like this (I've not seen the episode)?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BAIN123 wrote:
    The Simpsons has turned into Family Guy...it's doing cheap shots.

In fairness could it be that they are MAKING FUN of people that still think like this (I've not seen the episode)?

That is what they usually do.
  • The Simpsons used to be funny. That was a very long time ago though...

About 12 seasons ago.
    The Simpsons used to be funny. That was a very long time ago though...

About 12 seasons ago.

Longer than that even. After seasons 9/10 it was on the way down.
    I like how the Simpsons are not funny and are shells of their former selves ;)
  • I found this quite funny although I don't think it's very accurate now. Would've made more sense after QOS (although even then Craig still wasn't ugly).
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    My sides have literally split at this. No, really. ;)
    The writers of The Simpsons are known to be huge Bond fans. They're just poking fun. Last year there was an episode where Bart travels through time and to show that, they had him pass previous Bond film posters (Simposonized of course).

And outside of this Bond joke, this episode was quite funny. They still have some laughs after all these years.
    Yes, the Simpsons writers are major Bond fans. Bond references or homages/spoofs turn up from time to time.

I thought the episode - which was about film piracy - was one of the best episodes in a long time. Reminded me of the earlier seasons of the show. I think The Simpsons works best when it doesn't go totally wacky and bizarre.
    Pretty dead-on. It's exaggerated, of course, and I thought Skyfall kills most of their complaints with its return to basics, but during CR and QoS I was sitting in my seat after each of Bond's kill saying "Quip! Why don't you quip, damn you?"
  • The Simpsons hasn't been good for a long, long time...

And when it was good, we got one of the best James Bond spoofs ever - 'You Only Move Twice'. Still love that episode, and the accompanying 'Scorpio' theme.
  • The Simpsons episodes must of featured every person know to man from Clint Eastwood to Lincoln, but it's all from a humor angle and nothing to be taken seriously. Was never a fan of the show, and while seeing one or two episodes in it's formative years, whatever appeal it had quickly wore off, and lost interest soon enough. I had a chance to see the official movie release from six or seven years back and found it difficult to keep the interest. Not a program for everyone