Can anyone out there help me return to my original Dragonpol account via the Twitter Sign-In app?!

Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
edited January 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 145
At the suggestion of @DarthDimi I have decided to create a new thread as my Twitter sign-in app that I use for the original @Dragonpol account is currently refusing to work for me. I've tried the site admins, but there have been no replies, so I've created this thread for technical advise as I know there are experts in every field here on this community.

This is the Error Code I get when I try to sign in as @Dragonpol on the MI6 Community Twitter Sign-in App. Could it perhaps be arranged that I could sign in normally as Dragonpol?

The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403
Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Just to note that I tried to sign in as @Dragonpol on a public computer in my library branch and again was met with the same error message when I tried to sign in using the Twitter app. This shows that it is a more general problem and is not solely happening on my home computer, I think.

I wonder if anyone else has had any problems with this at all?

Or have I been banned for no apparent reason?! I know @WestonMcKay can sign in on his Twitter App. If any of the admins could allow my sign-in in the usual log in box way it would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

--Dragonpol2.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Dragonpol2 have you tried using another browser or only IE?
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    Sandy wrote:

No, I've not, @Sandy, and I only have Internet Explorer, so I can't try any other browser (I don't think).
    I can only advise you to install another web browser, IE is dodgy to say the least. Most online tools I use for my work don't even work in that thing. I personally like Mozilla Firefox, but Chrome is good as well, as is Safari as far as my experience goes. If you can't install in your computer for whatever reason, a good alternative is using a portable version on an usb stick (again, Mozilla is great for that purpose).
    Sandy wrote:
    I can only advise you to install another web browser, IE is dodgy to say the least. Most online tools I use for my work don't even work in that thing. I personally like Mozilla Firefox, but Chrome is good as well, as is Safari as far as my experience goes. If you can't install in your computer for whatever reason, a good alternative is using a portable version on an usb stick (again, Mozilla is great for that purpose).

Thanks so much for your further advice, @Sandy. I have a feeling that this is something that perhaps only the admins of this site can fix, but I will endeavour to try what you suggest here.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,347
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

No, I've not, @Sandy, and I only have Internet Explorer, so I can't try any other browser (I don't think).
    Just download another browser? IE is the devil. Try Chrome and return if it doesn't help.
    As @DiscoVolante advises, use Google Chrome. I find it much better than Explorer.
    I take it then that a new browser can be downloaded from a search engine search? Technicalities concerning computers are not my forte, I'm afraid to say!
    Yes type "google chrome" in a search browser. Really easy to do.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    I take it then that a new browser can be downloaded from a search engine search? Technicalities concerning computers are not my forte, I'm afraid to say!

There you have it. Chrome:
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Mozilla:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Click download, accept whatever they ask you, and say goodbye to that sad excuse of a browser that is IE.
    Yes, now I recall that my PC was on Google Chrome. It's being repaired at the moment. I'm not that well clued up on things, as you can see! I'll try everything suggested - thanks!
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Yes, now I recall that my PC was on Google Chrome. It's being repaired at the moment. I'm not that well clued up on things, as you can see! I'll try everything suggested - thanks!

That's your reason, then! Chrome is very nice indeed. But if you are using a computer where you cannot install things, as I previously said, there is an easy way to use another browser (if you need help with the technical side I can help you).
    OK, an update: I've downloaded both Google Chrome and Firefox but I still cannot access the site as @Dragonpol through the Twitter Sign-In app. It does not load and all I get is this web address at the top of the sign-in box: http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=MJ5vGB0kqxY59iRpz4PmlZubMoxghJ0V8a9SaMQXzk

What to do now? I take it that there is a problem with the Twitter sign-n app on MI6 Community then, and that only the site admins can remedy this?
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    OK, an update: I've downloaded both Google Chrome and Firefox but I still cannot access the site as @Dragonpol through the Twitter Sign-In app. It does not load and all I get is this web address at the top of the sign-in box: http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=MJ5vGB0kqxY59iRpz4PmlZubMoxghJ0V8a9SaMQXzk

What to do now? I take it that there is a problem with the Twitter sign-n app on MI6 Community then, and that only the site admins can remedy this?

Just to get this straight, you tried signing while using Chrome and also while using Firefox and got the same message in both?
    Sandy wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:

Just to get this straight, you tried signing while using Chrome and also while using Firefox and got the same message in both?

I didn't get the same message as on Internet Explorer, but the Twittter app just went blank and would not load up. It had the address I gave in my last post in the address bar of the otherwise blank window that tried to load up but failed.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:

I didn't get the same message as on Internet Explorer, but the Twittter app just went blank and would not load up. It had the address I gave in my last post in the address bar of the otherwise blank window that tried to load up but failed.

What I meant was: did you get the same error message in both Chrome and Firefox?
    Sandy wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:

What I meant was: did you get the same error message in both Chrome and Firefox?

Oh, sorry @Sandy. No, there was no error message; it just didn't load up when I clicked on the "Sign in with Twitter" option - all I get on both browsers is a blank screen.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,727
    No need to fear. The Lord Dragonpol has returned from the abyss, thanks to the kind @JamesPage, who resolved the sign-in issue for me so that I can now sign in as other members do, without the headache of the Twitter sign-in app! This has really made my day!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Welcome back not that you ever left !
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It's great to see our admin here deserve all the praise they get. Great work, as ever. Welcome back, the original, @Dragonpol.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,727
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Welcome back not that you ever left !

No, that's true! Thank you for your suggestuion, @Mrcoggins, as it was that which saved the day in the end.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's great to see our admin here deserve all the praise that get. Great work, as ever. Welcome back, the original, @Dragonpol.

Yes, they certainly do a great job; I can attest to that. I know they're very busy in their own lives so I really do appreciate the time they took to do this for me. Thank you for the welcome, @Samuel001.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    My pleasure daggers i see from the who's online that your both here ! No problems with dual personality I trust.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    My pleasure daggers i see from the who's online that your both here ! No problems with dual personality I trust.

No, not like my famous namesake David Dragonpol. I had to send a PM as Dragonpol2 to thank James Page, but that is now the definitely the end of my evil twin Daniel Dragonpol. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yay congratulations! :-bd
    Murdock wrote:

Thank you for all of your advice too, dear friend!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Most welcome. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Most welcome. :)

Thanks again. I'm just relieved that things are fixed again.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2014 Posts: 45,489
    I already miss Dragonpol2. He was such a great guy.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2014 Posts: 1,347
    Problem solved, topic locked.
This discussion has been closed.