Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    1. John Barry
    2. David Arnold

3. George Martin - LALD
    4. Thomas Newman - Skyfall
    5. Eric Serra - GoldenEye
    6. Michael Kamen - LTK

The rest, never struck me at all, and I actively dislike Conti's music. Horribly dated and takes away from the dark tone of FYEO to the point that I can't take it seriously.
  • Bill Conti. It is a great soundtrack that I listen to a lot
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    #1. LALD Martin was just so creative whilst not deviating much from the master's work.
    #2. LTK Michael Kamen is a composer I love, and while this wasn't his best work I still thought it delivered.
    #3. GE Serra gave us a strange but atmospheric score.
    #4. SF Thomas Newman will soon not be a one & done, but for now he clocks in here. Decent score.
    #5. DN Norman provided a good standard 50's thriller ride.
    #6. TSWLM Hamlish gave us a dated but okay score, nothing Oscar-worthy though.
    #7. FYEO Too bad Roger's best work is to the tune of Conti's worst. Rocky this ain't.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Monty Norman and Michael Kamen both did well. Do not understand the dislikes they get.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I absolutely love the score to LALD. It perfectly defines that movie. From the amazing title track (one of the best imo) to the way Martin incorporates it into his score, to the way he incorporates the Bond theme with a little bit of soul, the whole thing is a work of art. So I'd say LALD.

I also like Marvin Hamlisch's TSWLM score a lot too. The much maligned disco ski sequence (Bond 77 is the track I think) is really funky, and I much prefer it to Conti's similar disco work in FYEO. The Egyptian stuff is marvelous too - really espionage like. So he's a close runner up.