Any experience with any of the Bond "impersonators"?

Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
edited December 2013 in Actors Posts: 152
I thought I might start this thread and it might be appropriate. There is this man, Dennis Keogh, whom is a Sean Connery/007 impersonator (although you can make sure Bond would DAMN never go bald like this interpretation!). he travels to events and banquets and various charitable organizations and performs. Here is a photo of the man with a car which may or may not be actually Dennis Keogh's.

0e59f1bd00779d49f746d93f53364829.JPG

Now, in around 2001 or late 2000, I worked for the company ARBITRON which you know we deal with cable ratings... anyway I must say I was thoroughly shocked and disappointed! Because it was quite a small corporate meeting, around 30 of us. he came in completely drunk, ranting and raving, was violent, took forever to get him up to the stage and when he did he performed a damn near X-rated comedy routine! I thought this was so unprofessional and wondered if anyone knows anything or has heard anything on these guys?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ^ Looks nothing like him! Well, he looks like an older Sean Connery for sure, but definitely not Bond.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Great... a thread for moaning.
    Unless any valid replies can be thought up by very creative souls, this one will go down soon enough I think.
  • With respect Darth, I do feel you can be a little over zealous with the "policing" of this forum.

I do love this site and have been a member for a while, but it does feel like a police state at times. For the first time I'm considering moving to a different site.

I for one, would consider this thread very interesting but it looks like you'll be closing this one soon too.

I understand that a forum needs a certain amount of rules but your policing is taking a lot of the fun out of this community, which is what this place is supposed to be for.

I'm offering this response as constructive criticism. I'd want nothing more than for this to be a thriving and friendly community, but I feel that's getting further and further from us.

All the best and Merry Christmas.
    @JamesBondRadio, I - we - have no problem with new threads. We welcome new threads. But let's look at the opening post. Anyone seen this guy? He's bad. He did this wrong, and that wrong and that wrong.

What are members supposed to say to that?

So unless members start talking more generally about Bond impersonators, which I hope they will, this thread will go cold in no time.

By the way, I wasn't going to close it for it's neither a duplicate thread, nor does it violate any rule of the forum. When I said that it would go down, I meant that it will drop down in the list of ongoing discussions and become a forgotten one-page thread. :-)

This thread's author is piling up moans and this has begun to bother many folks on this forum. Once again, in this thread, the opening post is about moaning. From experience I can assure you that such threads either burn out in less than no time or result in fights. That's why I hope that the conversation can be broadened to Bond impersonators in general. The title certainly works for that. ;-)
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    edited December 2013 Posts: 152
    I invited open conversation in the last part of my post. Stop overpolicing this place and derailing this thread. There's no rule against MOANING

I asked if anyone knew anything or had any experience with these impersonators. ANY experience good or bad. I'd like to know if there are any Moores, Lazs, or Brozza impersonators out there.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Bradford 4 & James Bond Radio I will surgest that you both have a better look around to see just how well this site works and then you will come to see that the mods do a great job of keeping things nice and tidy so the members can get a great deal of enjoyment from being here as you are both quite new to MI6 it would be wise to .
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Bradford 4 & James Bond Radio I will surgest that you both have a better look around to see just how well this site works and then you will come to see that the mods do a great job of keeping things nice and tidy so the members can get a great deal of enjoyment from being here as you are both quite new to MI6 it would be wise to .

Agreed. We must also acknowledge that if it wasn't scrutinized in an efficient and appropriate way, then the whole forum will be clogged up with short-lived, tenuous threads. And since this thread has had only 8 replies since, half of which are not about the topic in hand, I think we can safely say that this thread will enter the realms of "one page threads" long forgotton. But, by all means, continue to discuss the whereabouts of a certain Sean Connery impersonator.
  • Mrcoggins wrote:

Agreed. We must also acknowledge that if it wasn't scrutinized in an efficient and appropriate way, then the whole forum will be clogged up with short-lived, tenuous threads. And since this thread has had only 8 replies since, half of which are not about the topic in hand, I think we can safely say that this thread will enter the realms of "one page threads" long forgotton. But, by all means, continue to discuss the whereabouts of a certain Sean Connery impersonator.

It would just be nice to have a conversation without having your thread leapt on almost immediately and being referred to another similar thread from 5 years ago.

This is the only forum I use that's policed so heavily and I find zero problems with the others I frequent.

In any case, we're all welcome to disagree. Just my two penneth is all.
    Very well. Let me show that I mean no-one any harm.

I'm not into impersonators all that much. I'd never pay for one myself. And if I attended a party where someone else had invited one, I'd never set my hopes too high.

This Sean Connery impersonator, for example, wouldn't make my list of people I want to meet. He doesn't look like Connery IMO. It takes more than a tux to reach the desired effect. But so be it.

I've never noticed any Roger Moore impersonators. Has anyone else perhaps at one point seen a RM impersonator?
    Tabloid journalism at it's finest there!
    Great link, @Thunderfinger!

Roger Moore is in my opinion one of the sweetest people in the world. To have him accused of those dreadful things is just not cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree wholeheartedly. I stumbled across this when googling Bond impersonators. Turns out they are all bad. MOAN!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think I saw that guy on a celebrity look alike reality contest show. He kinda looks like Connery "KINDA". But he didn't sound anything like Connery. He sounded more like Roger Moore if Roger lost his voice. No offence to the guy but He was laughed out of the contest.

As for look alikes, this guy makes a good DP Blofeld.
    blofeld01.jpg

And this guy kinda looks like Jaws.
    jaws01.jpg
    I almost forgot-the worst Bond impersonator of all time. Pierce Brosnan.
    :-)) Sorry,could not resist. Fire at will, and good night.
  • I almost forgot-the worst Bond impersonator of all time. Pierce Brosnan.

Booooooooooooooooooo....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

You mean this guy? =))
    pierce_brosnan_glenn1(1).jpg
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 97
    Yaaay! This worked out well :-)

I have to say, this guy is my personal favourite...

james-bond-jk-c.jpg
  • ^Heh, he actually looks kind of like Craig combined with the illustration of Fleming's Bond.
    Murdock wrote:

You mean this guy? =))
    pierce_brosnan_glenn1(1).jpg

Is that from TWINE?
    Some of these are just so funny! Bless em! =))
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    edited December 2013 Posts: 152
    I'm confused as to why this Daniel Craig Bond impersonator is wearing a wedding ring. I must say I'm offended, unless he is portraying a what-if scenario and then is James Bond circa OHMSS, just after marrying dear Tracy.

edit- WOW he is wearing two wedding rings!!! I guess he is a mormon. Mormon hjames Bond.
  • Nah, he's wearing one ring for Tracy and one ring for Vesper lol