Tips for running a business

MadMelMadMel Banned
edited December 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 21
I see a lot of you have business focus and are quite right wing minded - I like that. You guys clearly know how to run abusiness.

I thought the community could use a thread to exchange business ideas and stories, maybe even invest?...well here it is. This can be used for experienced business owners to share stories and for young entrepreneurs/professionals to learn thew ropes so to speak.

Funny story happened at my business today. I ship dioxin ( a checmical) across the atlantic (on Thursday we had to dump a shipment but that;s another story ('o brother'). Anyway this shipment needs buyers in the US. One of my salesmen (let's call him Kim) came up with some bullshit story about how he "had a number of customers lined up, and they're gonna buy". Any way, I had enough of this bs and pretty much said outright ... "Listen Kim, I don't wan promises, alright Kim, I just want sales."

Needless to say Kim melted down and we haven't seen him since. What was it Sun Tzu said - Never push a desparte foe too hard? Haha. Anyway we had to dump the shipment so he got off lightly. But I won't be using his consultancy firm again that's for sure.

Anyway lets get the convol rolling

- MadMel

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Where is your company?
    I thought you did puppeteering and ran several charity groups?
    Why and where are you dumping dioxin?
    Your sales story sounds like you have the business savvy of David Brent. I like the way Kim had a meltdown, but no-one has seen him since.
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    edited December 2013 Posts: 21
    Hi Benny. Cheers for response...do you run a business? I suppose this site is kind of like a business. do you run it day-to-day and have you got access to financial details???? Let me know...PM?

Our company isn't located anywhere exists it's just a legal entity. It's registered locally here.

Puppeteering and chartities I run on the side for a bit of extra quick cash in hand. All my cash in my business is tied up offshore and in trusts.

We just dump the dioxin the sea when our shipment gets cancelled

Haha yeah sometimes I get a bit riled up at work and take my stress out on others. But Kim was asking for it he does...we regularly haver to check for a pulse with him and often don't find one... haha!

Cheers,

Madmel.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    MadMel wrote:
    We just dump the dioxin the sea when our shipment gets cancelled

Pollute my TUNA whydon'tcha!!!
    edited December 2013 Posts: 14,882
    MadMel wrote:
    Hi Benny. Cheers for response...do you run a business? I suppose this site is kind of like a business. do you run it day-to-day and have you got access to financial details???? Let me know...PM?
    Our company isn't located anywhere exists it's just a legal entity. It's registered locally here.
    Puppeteering and chartities I run on the side for a bit of extra quick cash in hand. All my cash in my business is tied up offshore and in trusts.
    We just dump the dioxin the sea when our shipment gets cancelled.
    Haha yeah sometimes I get a bit riled up at work and take my stress out on others. But Kim was asking for it he does...we regularly haver to check for a pulse with him and often don't find one... haha!

Cheers,

Madmel.

Why would you want to know my financial details? I don't know you. Your reasons for this concern me.
    Locally in New Zealand? That's where you're based isn't it?
    So you don't want the tax man to find out about your side enterprise. Always a trustworthy addition to society
    You dump dioxin in the sea. Really? You openly admit to doing so? So you're happy to pollute the ocean?
    Something smells fishy here. For some reason I'm getting a sense of deja vu from all of this.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    'Madmel' is evil. I suggest termination with extreme prejudice. IMO. :))
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    Benny Your post came out all wrong...unformatted and hard to read. I expect better from Mod of this site??? Please remedy.
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    Benny wrote:
    MadMel wrote:
    We just dump the dioxin the sea when our shipment gets cancelled.

Cheers,

Madmel.

Why would you want to know my financial details? I don't know you. Your reasons for this concern me.
    Locally in New Zealand? That's where you're based isn't it?
    So you don't want the tax man to find out about your side enterprise. Always a trustworthy addition to society
    You dump dioxin in the sea. Really? You openly admit to doing so? So you're happy to pollute the ocean?
    Something smells fishy here. For some reason I'm getting a sense of deja vu from all of this.

1) Mate I didn't say I want your financial details... I only want to know if you have access so we can dicuss business...? ok?

2) Yeah I'm kiwi a - cantab - that's why in my puppeteering posters it clearly said FRIENDLY MONSTERS IN CANTERBURY....great detective work @Benney

3) I'm not hiding anything from the tax man..it's tax avoidance, not evasion..perfectly legal and ethical. Standard practice.

4) For all you know dioxin is inert... how do you consider this pollution? Take it up with authorities if you want to waste your time. And good luck trying to enforce judgment on something that takes place in international waters

6) The only thing that stinks around here is your unwelcome harassment of new feelgood member's.

MadMel-

Easy with the tone.
    Several of your posts have given me reason to have concern with your intentions on this site.
    It is possible that you are a previously banned member trying to return.

I've smelled that aftershave before, and both times - I've smelled a troll.
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    Anything is possible Benny - business motto. Guess I'll get banned on trumped up charges then? Looking that way.

Cheers.

Can we keep this to business discussion and not derail. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.