Remy Julienne (Bond 81 to 95 stunt coordinator) acts

edited September 2013 in Actors Posts: 2,015
Well, it's a big downer, but here it is anyway, even though it's in French.
If you wonder if a stuntman could act, in his case the answer is yes. He's even a better actor than others in the same campain who are more used to be close to a camera.
He acts in a super effective TV spot to raise funds for the research on Alzeihmer's disease.
He starts to explain he could tell you so many memories of things he lived thanks to his job as stuntman, and lists many things he could tell you, then he explains 'or maybe I could not' and acts as if he had Alzeihmer's disease - with no more memories to share.

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Absolute legend to be fair.

Is he a well known celebrity then in France Suivez?
    I'm not Suivez, but I can answer that : yes he is. He's part of the "holy trinity" of french stunt coordinators (the other two being Claude Carliez and Yvan Chiffre). And he has an impressive resume, including "The Italian Job".

Here's one of his best scene, from "Flic ou Voyou", with Jean-Paul Belmondo.

• edited September 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Yes indeed he was for sure during the Bond days, and he is probably still now given that he was chosen to be part of this campaign. It was even a bit problematic for a French audience to see some copy/paste of his own stunts in Bond movies, that he did before in French comedy movies.

The video Gerard includes is indeed a very good scene, but I'm afraid you have to be fluent enough in French to get the salt of it : the delivery of the driving licence examiner reacting to the stunts. And of course Belmondo actually driving the car in some parts !

I'm not 100% certain it's him who doubles Delon below, but I think so - I could check on a better source if some wonder. Here's a scene of Julienne as a stunt man (he was a former sport champion - motocross French champion) :

It's the only "action" scene of the whole movie, and shows in 30 seconds that both characters are very motivated. This stunt appears out of the blue in a very talky movie, it was quite a surprise. Go to 4:00, that's a kind of "real life" parkour :)

Also here's the chase scene he did I wrote about several times before (it was put under the Italian name). An unusual 'realistic' chase scene (the scene is cut a bit too early, Delon and the child look at one another far longer, realizing what just happened).