GRAND THEFT AUTO VI - Announcement and Discussion

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 2,107
    This has probably been mentioned, and probably been discussed already, but I am not willing to trawl through all the comments. During the Devin Weston mission "Deep Inside", the player is required to steal a very expensive car. And that car is none other than Goldfinger's Aston Martin DB V equipped with the machine guns, spikes and ejector seat! What a fantastic reference to the Bond films. The car is not specifically mentioned as being the DBV nor is any Bond comments made, but it is obvious that this is the DBV. And since GTA has its roots from the UK, I think it is even more brilliant that British culture has been acknowledged in the worlds most successful game.

It's great, isn't it?! The first time I played it I was ecstatic. I showed it to a friend who is also a Bond fan and he loved it to, the ejector seat being the cherry on top of the cake.

I wen't into the mission spoiler free and I immediately guessed what was coming next when Franklin put on the white tuxedo. Not the hardest or most exciting mission, but none-the-less, fun to see in a GTA franchise. Now, if we only finally got their Agen game, that's been in developement since 2007....

I even wonder if some of the time and ideas that were supposed to be in Agent, wen't into this game. There's a lot of 'agent' type of ideas in the game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Today Rockstar released Valentine's Day DLC for this game influenced by the infamous Valentine's Day MAssacre of the 20s. The game has new clothing options (pinstripe suits, spats and more), tommy guns and a class 20s car in addition to new missions. I thought I'd let you all know, as this DLC is beyond amazing. The customization options alone are brilliant, and after you purchase the DLC content you get to keep it for good even after the availability of the items ends at the end of February, so be sure to get on GTA Online and purchase them fast. Here's some links explaining the DLC further:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/02/12/gta-online-getting-free-valentines-day-massacre-dlc/

http://freeonsmash.com/gaming/gta-v-online-valentines-day-massacre-now-available/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not sure how PS4 and PS3 users can interact, but since a lot of you on this site own a PS3 and I'm now a proud owner of the latter, feel free to add me at some point:

Creasy007

Apologies for bumping this, couldn't manage to find a PSN thread.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm not sure how PS4 and PS3 users can interact, but since a lot of you on this site own a PS3 and I'm now a proud owner of the latter, feel free to add me at some point:

Creasy007

Apologies for bumping this, couldn't manage to find a PSN thread.

It works no different than on the PS3. Someone on my friends list got a PS4 at around release and sent me a message while I was playing on the system from his PS4, so the communication is very effortless between the consoles. I'm sure there's a way to transfer all your PS3 friends to your PS4, but I'm not positive as I don't have the new system.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I was just wondering how many of our members are still playing this game?
    I was just wondering how many of our members are still playing this game?

I used to play it quite often, but I tired of it to be honest. Empty promises from Rockstar regarding the heists were tiresome after nearly a year of them hyping them up, yet where are they? Now when they do finally come out with it everyone will be expecting the greatest dlc ever, and they shall be so disappointed. But, it serves Rockstar right for the hate they'll receive. If you aren't going to release a dlc for almost an entire year after you first hyped it up and consequently told gamers that it would be out by spring, then don't bother releasing information about it in the first place. It's just one giant tease.

Definitely a great game- they are rereleasing it on PS4 soon and that will be something special
    Definitely a great game- they are rereleasing it on PS4 soon and that will be something special

They released a graphics comparison video, but someone told me it was fake, which was upsetting because the next-gen version not only looked leagues better than the 360/PS3 version (which already blew me away), but it seemed to add a lot more wildlife and whatnot.
    So, I apparently now hold a world record on PS3...

Can people check out the race Burn Your Bridges (air race, found in La Puerta along the beachside bike path) and see if this is true? My PSN is Klacid and the record lap time should be 1:52.680. If this is real and not a screw-up on my console then... wow.
    So, I apparently now hold a world record on PS3...

Can people check out the race Burn Your Bridges (air race, found in La Puerta along the beachside bike path) and see if this is true? My PSN is Klacid and the record lap time should be 1:52.680. If this is real and not a screw-up on my console then... wow.

Unfortunately, it was a glitch on Rockstar's behalf. It was happening with all races, for a short period after the release of patch 1.17.
    This allowed players to exploit the buggy world records in order to get 5000 RP every time they completed a faster lap.

It should be back to normal now, however.

On a side note, I did legitimately set a world record for the race "Panto Pantomonium", but it was beaten a few days later...
    I set a ton of world records when the game first came out on the 360 because the Online was so wonky and nobody could sign into it. Felt pretty great while it lasted!
    Played several missions though been that busy forgot I had GTA V, will have to give it another go at some point. Though admittedly just not that much into gaming these days, think majority of my games I neglected to finish.
    @fire_and_ice, I was on a huge movie fix for well over the former half of this year (mainly due to the fact that the PS4 barely had any games that gained my interests), but now that more and more are releasing, I'm back to games once again, and I'll admit, I'm looking forward to the PS4 version of 'GTA V' in the fall. I'll be picking it up alongside 'Little Big Planet 3' and 'Far Cry 4' - all releasing on the same day - and three days after their release will be a long ten-day Thanksgiving Break, so I know what I'll be doing then.
    Me too in spare time I have its movies or music Or at the gym, got a week off so will put GTA V on at some point. Not even considered getting a next gen console, though the initial price and certainly with Xbox one, teething problems with console put me off.

Sounds like you will be glued to your console come Thanksgiving, have fun :)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, I was on a huge movie fix for well over the former half of this year (mainly due to the fact that the PS4 barely had any games that gained my interests), but now that more and more are releasing, I'm back to games once again, and I'll admit, I'm looking forward to the PS4 version of 'GTA V' in the fall. I'll be picking it up alongside 'Little Big Planet 3' and 'Far Cry 4' - all releasing on the same day - and three days after their release will be a long ten-day Thanksgiving Break, so I know what I'll be doing then.

@Creasy, I'm surprised that you're going to pick up GTA V again after you were so disappointed by it on the last gen consoles. Besides the improved textures, polygons and added car density and wildlife, it'll still be the same core game you weren't mesmerized by. Although, Rockstar have said that they will be adding exclusive surprises to the next gen port, so maybe that could be the reason to buy it. We'll just have to wait and see.

I still can't believe the heists for GTA online haven't come out yet, over a year after the game released and several months after they were initially announced to come out in the past Spring, yet here we stand with nothing to show for it. I'd rather Rockstar just stop talking about the heist DLC and quit setting release dates they can't meet so that we don't get all pumped up for nothing. I popped into the game an hour or so this weekend after a long break from the online and there's really not that much of interest left in it for me at this point. I just end up getting bored and having a few gunfights with players who are a much large rank than I am until I get sick of dying and losing my money, switching off the console in agitation. I doubt the heists are going to give me much reason to return, if any at all.

When the heists actually do come out all the core players will have likely moved on to other games, sick of waiting like I have been. I can't wait to read the reviews of the heists when they come out, because Rockstar are going to get torn a new one. Everyone has hyped these up for more than a year, and when they come out and are not at all half as exciting or ground-breaking as they are expected to be, people will be pissed, and rightfully so.

As for PS4 talk, I'm picking up the console as late as possible, and will only get it when I desperately need to, in June of next year, when Batman Arkham Knight comes out. I probably won't play any other games besides maybe Watchdogs and a few others until I then get Uncharted 4, if the release date isn't moved.
    The single-player story mode for Grand Theft Auto V was truly terrific. It was a great piece of entertainment, and was well worth waiting six years for.

But where Rockstar has failed to deliver is its multi-player mode. It is completely inexcusable that Rockstar has still yet to deliver what we were promised. A full year, and still no heists.

I am so frustrated with RS's lack of communication with it's customers: leaving us in dark as to when the next DLC/Update will be released (which we should rightfully get due to those bloody ''Shark Cards''). Online has been shoddy at times, and is STILL in a very buggy, almost Beta-like state.
    I just want to see what campaign DLC is coming, because as I said, I have lost interest in the online mode.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I've been a massive GTA fan since I was a young child, so with 'GTA V' - my least favorite entry - I'm giving it another go on the PS4 by not rushing it at all. I'm not focusing on trophies, I'm not trying to get any world records or be the first to do anything, none of it. I'm going to take my time, soak up the city, focus more on the city, have lots of fun, and take it as it all comes in. I want to spend hours hiking to the top of Mount Chiliad to soak up the (even more) beautiful sights that will surely come with the PS4. I want to really focus on each mission and character.

I want to give this game another chance instead of trying to get all the achievement points for it. I used to be a big achievement whore - which did ruin a lot of gaming experiences, and even led me to avoid some games at times - but now that I couldn't care less about them, I'm enjoying myself with video games so much more. Hell, one of my complaints was with the driving, so I may utilize the slidey cars cheat and not get trophies at all.
    Cool; I completely understand that. I had partly the same problem when the game released: I rushed through it as fast as I could because I knew the game would be spoiled for me if I waited around and took my time, which took away from the experience. I hope you find your experience improved tenfold by really soaking it in as I was able to do on my second playthrough, especially since the next gen version could have many things the last gen doesn't that aid in your immersion.

It's for that reason that I'm glad Batman Arkham Knight is set to release this next summer, so that I can really get into it and not worry about rushing through it really fast like I did GTA V when I pick it up.
  • It normally takes me a while to complete games anyway. I liked GTA V, thought it was the best GTA game and it was really good. But I did think it was a bit overrated (it wasn't even the best game of last year imo, never mind the best game ever) and I don't see the point in getting the next gen version. Maybe if there was some sort of price reduction for those of us who already bought it but I'm not paying full price for the same game with better graphics.

Got plenty of games to keep me busy anyway. I've been playing Titanfall, which is great, and the new Assassin's Creed is out soon,
    For those interested, we recently got the launch trailer for the next-gen version and a sneak peek of the first person view:

Naturally, it looks amazing.
    And Rockstar has confirmed that the next update after the release of the next generation games WILL be the "heists".
    The detail in the next-gen version has me in awe. Last night, I tried to transfer my online character, just so I could get the extra transfer benefits (like the Dukes). Not more than ten minutes goes by before I'm driving around and I spot a Dukes. I steal it, the sun is setting, I'm drifting this bad boy (which sounds fantastic) around corners as I run from the cops with 'Carry On My Wayward Son' blaring on the radio.

This is one of the many beautiful moments I expect to have with the next-gen version of this game.
    I've seen some gameplay from the next-gen version and despite some more textures, decreased pop-ins and more anti-aliasing, I really don't see that big a difference. I also haven't seen a lot of newly added features that would make me buy the game again for the next-gen systems.
  • First person makes the game insane
    First person makes the game insane
    I understand why some people like the feature, but I hate first person anything. I don't feel like I'm actually connecting with the character; I just feel like a faceless individual no different from the NPCs I'm fighting with. This explains why I don't like most shooters as well, and why 98.9 % of the games I have are in 3rd person.
  • I don't really have a preference. Both first and third person are great, it just depends what sort of game you're playing.

In first person games I feel like I am the character. I think it's great actually seeing everything through the characters eyes. I think Mirrors Edge is the best example of this. I don't think that game would have been anywhere near as impressive if it was third person. And I recently finished Alien Isolation which again, is another game I don't think would work as well in third person.

With other games though, third person works best. Assassin's Creed for example, wouldn't work at all if it was first person. Climbing and sword fighting would be horrible in first person.

I think you shouldn't write off third person or first person games altogether because both can be fantastic.

I don't write off third person games, I love them. It's the first person ones I have an issue with, mostly because I don't enjoy them as much when I can't see the character I'm playing. There's a big disconnect there.