007=DVD. (Dick Van Dyke, not Digital Video Disc)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I just read about this. Not the most out there casting choice, but interesting nonetheless, and the dialogue between Dick and Cubby is also very amusing. Dick is a class act, and isn't afraid to poke some fun at himself at the same time, much like our wonderful 007 of the past, Sir Roger.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just saw that article. I agree with you, Brady, that dialogue between Cubby and Dick was rich. Would've been interesting, but there's no way I would ever prefer someone else over Connery and that wonderful work he brought to the opening of the series.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Just saw that article. I agree with you, Brady, that dialogue between Cubby and Dick was rich. Would've been interesting, but there's no way I would ever prefer someone else over Connery and that wonderful work he brought to the opening of the series.

Well, Dick was apparently considered post YOLT between Connery's talks of leaving and Lazenby's casting, so Sean had already made his mark on cinematic history by then with his early Bond films.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Interesting to read that. Thanks very much for sharing.
  • Wow this would of been bad. Cubby asked everyman with a pluse you know.
  • They must have been impressed with his cockney accent!