Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    We thought you two already got one.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Kerim wrote:
    We thought you two already got one.

Was it that obvious?!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    :)) I have six. And any of you are welcome to visit.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    What makes me think you've never done this before.
    Kerim wrote:
    What makes me think you've never done this before.

I need a clue.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I wonder are we looking at the start of a beautiful friendship here!!.
    We are all friends. It is all beautiful. It is not Brokeback Mountain.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I just visited my profile there for fun. Wow! 4528 visits. I guess I am more popular over there. Well, bye-bye, MI6. :)) (Kidding, in case you do not know me by now)

Yes, though you are becoming just as popular here too!

Thanks for your kind words, but I just checked. You have 4300 visits on your page. I have 11. I know you were here 9 months before me,but the popularity contest is no contest really. Have you checked the appreciation thread recently? We are tied at the moment, but I am rooting for you. And if I get it everyone shall live to regret it. I stand by my word.(Sometimes)

I don't think that "Visits" tab is accurate either, or if it even keeps track of visits to your profile page. Mine says I apparently have 15,980 visits to my page which isn't likely, unless they also track how many times you visit your own page. Who knows... :-/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    This is amusing, really. Look at what our troll thread has turned into! ;)

Actually enjoying reading this, without any true trolls on it. :P

By the way, I think if you want to notify everybody that a poster is a troll it is best not to comment at all - except I think typing "IFM" is enough. A new troll may not know what that means; a regular recurring troll does. But at least that does not feed into really commenting on the troll's post. And flag the crap out of them, of course.
  • ElegantCarverElegantCarver Banned
    Bizarre that someone like me, who has only ever discussed TND, John Gardner's SeaFire, the timeline of Colonel Sun, and voted in elimination games is deemed a "troll".

Whereas two characters in this thread can fill up an entire page with pointless, unfunny banter and are deemed "valued members of the boards".

Go figure.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bizarre that someone like me, who has only ever discussed TND, John Gardner's SeaFire, the timeline of Colonel Sun, and voted in elimination games is deemed a "troll".

Whereas two characters in this thread can fill up an entire page with pointless, unfunny banter and are deemed "valued members of the boards".

Go figure.

I think the fact that I've just gone through 14 past accounts that you've held (And been banned from) is a pretty good indication of your intent.

I don't think that "Visits" tab is accurate either, or if it even keeps track of visits to your profile page. Mine says I apparently have 15,980 visits to my page which isn't likely, unless they also track how many times you visit your own page. Who knows... :-/
    Sounds like the NSA are out to keep an eye on you.

Apologies to trolls and human beings alike for derailing earlier. To any troll reading this(and I know you are): If you have been banned from here, you cannot cancel that ban by merely creating your umpteenth account. It is as if I should break the law, and then just change my name to avoid prison. It does not work that way.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2019 Posts: 17,816
    Birdleson wrote:
    Sounds like the NSA are out to keep an eye on you.

Apologies to trolls and human beings alike for derailing earlier. To any troll reading this(and I know you are): If you have been banned from here, you cannot cancel that ban by merely creating your umpteenth account. It is as if I should break the law, and then just change my name to avoid prison. It does not work that way.

If they are as prolific as everyone says they are, and they are reading this, apparently they can.

More's the pity, though they soon give themselves away again in any event, such is their mania for annoying others and trying to derail this community.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It looks like things are heating up around here once again.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    As I haven't been here long, this will be my first "Troll" event.
    Sad some people enjoy being a Troll.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Murdock wrote: »

Yes, my suspicions have been confirmed.

Am I missing something??

Birdleson wrote: »
    I know there are a couple of fairly new people on here that are getting somewhat repetitive (I think we all know who they are), but I do believe that they do not fit the definition of "Troll". I believe that they are sincere, if also at times aggravating. I have seen nothing from them that would constitute them being bane for others sanctioned.

I agree. Not exactly trolls. Not yet. Just annoying at times.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 5,080
    SaintMark wrote: »

Am I missing something??

I'm not referring to doubleohdad, actually.

I can no longer direct you to the comment that confirmed my suspicions, as it has been removed. But I also find it curious that a new member always agrees with repetitive comments that have been known to cause controversy (even though the same member posted contrary comments previously). And you only need to look at this members other contributions thus far to see that my observation carries weight.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I know there are a couple of fairly new people on here that are getting somewhat repetitive (I think we all know who they are), but I do believe that they do not fit the definition of "Troll". I believe that they are sincere, if also at times aggravating. I have seen nothing from them that would constitute them being bane for others sanctioned.
    Oh come on. Whether their opinions are sincere or not is irrelevant when all they do is constantly repeat themselves in every thread, seemingly to draw the ire of the members who actually want to have an intelligent conversation. Just about every thread is derailed and goes off topic. Something needs to be done.
    But I will leave this here-

The Mi6 Community policy dictates-

"Spam
    Posts that are deemed as ‘spam’ should also be avoided. These may include mass flooding of identical posts in a thread, or across several threads, posts that contain no active remarks that add to the topic discussion (such as one-word posts) or posts that, regardless of quality, are not related to the topic at hand."

Am I missing something??

I can no longer direct you to the comment that confirmed my suspicions, as it has been removed. But I also find it curious that a new member always agrees with repetitive comments that have been known to cause controversy (even though the same member posted contrary comments previously). And you only need to look at this members other contributions thus far to see that my observation carries weight.

AH I have come across that name but stopped reading his stuff as it is all negative on certain subject matters, and he showed no real insight but blunt and blind criticism towards others and their likes.

Not a Troll just a not very interesting person to read his opinions about. But on general principle I would like to refer to Saint Clint Eastwoods immortal words about opinions.
    ;)

Am I missing something??

AH I have come across that name but stopped reading his stuff as it is all negative on certain subject matters, and he showed no real insight but blunt and blind criticism towards others and their likes.

Not a Troll just a not very interesting person to read his opinions about. But on general principle I would like to refer to Saint Clint Eastwoods immortal words about opinions.
    ;)

Yes, I agree with you, but that's not the member who I was getting at...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks for the flags, folks. We're talking. ;-)

Am I missing something??

;)

I missed another one, the only threads I do not visit are currently to do with SPECTRE, so anything in there I am bound to miss.

;)

Am I missing something??

;)

I missed another one, the only threads I do not visit are currently to do with SPECTRE, so anything in there I am bound to miss.

;)

"It's all just a dream", not ringing any bells?

Am I missing something??

;)

;)

Am I missing something??

;)

;)

No, I might be daft, but I have not got a clue as whom you are referring to. :\">
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Between DAF was just a dream & Roger Moore disgraced Bond I wanna shoot someone. But, y'know, politely.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I know there are a couple of fairly new people on here that are getting somewhat repetitive (I think we all know who they are), but I do believe that they do not fit the definition of "Troll". I believe that they are sincere, if also at times aggravating. I have seen nothing from them that would constitute them being banned or others sanctioned.

We don't take the constant de-railing of threads with repetitive mumbo jumbo too lightly.
    More to the point when we ask individuals not to keep doing it, and they take no notice of us..well, we suspect 'troll' to be the perfect definition. ;-)
    I agree that when they are told specifically not to do something, and they ignore those directions (from mods) or requests (from members) repeatedly, that is deliberate provocation and should not be allowed to continue in the same manner. So not a regular kind of troll, no; but that kind of behavior should not be tolerated, in my opinion - and if mods think that is also "trollish" behavior, I can understand the word being used for that.