James Bond Board Games

oo7oo7
edited August 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,068
http://jamesbondboardgames.grrgh.com/the-list/
great ongoing reviews and photos of older bond games found on this guys blog.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not news, moved to correct section.
  • oo7oo7
    sorry DD I really meant to steer it towards gaming, its a wonder there is not a generic bond game though released and redesigned for each film?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Aha! Posted this in another thread discussing Bond stamps but more relevant here:
    oo7 wrote:
    Occurs to me on the more obscure area of bond collecting and enjoyment has anyone made a thread dedicated to board games featuring bond?
    sorry for going off topic

The only Bond board game I have is Scene it:

scene_it_bond_lg.jpg

If you haven't got this, be quick, there's one left on Amazon:

Picture35-4.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Bond-Scene-DVD-Game/dp/B0002V2JV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376666731&sr=8-1&keywords=scene+it+bond

It's great to have interactive clips with questions off the dvd - my only problem is I can't find anyone prepared to play me now as I'm too into Bond and know most of the answers - there are a few that elude me but I'm working on it...
  • oo7oo7
    I guess there has been a trend of just wrapping up a poker set and splashing bond over it in recent years
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 4,622
    I've got this trivia game (The Reel to Reel Picture Show Trivia game), but I can't really play it with anyone. I have way too much of a Bond IQ advantage.
    Although it's fun if you want to show off :P , the others can battle for second place.
    I'd need to play with other serious Bond fans. Maybe at the next convention. In the meantime I keep it as part of my Bond-stuff collection.

reel2reel_collect-300x256.jpg games23-150x150.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While these are cool, I'm in the same boat as you chaps: I wouldn't have anyone to play this with. My girlfriend loves board games, but she has the smallest of problems when I quiz her on naming the Bond actors or ten-fifteen Bond films, etc. It would be a one man game if I bought it!
    With the Scene-it, you can use it to test yourself as the questions after the clips shown sometimes nicely catch you out if you're not sharp as they can be quite oblique querying literal references like how many curtains or windows were in the background etc!!

I can see the Trivial Pursuit being a self test of one's knowledge too! maybe have a pop onto ebay! lol
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    On the normal version of Scene-it I once had a clip of Moonraker come up. It was the scene where Bond kills Drax. The question afterwards was "which actor made his eleventh and final appearance in this film?"

How does that work?
    I got the Scene-it in a Woolworths closing down sale back in 2007 for £7, never played it.
  • oo7oo7
    nice
    Samuel001 wrote:
    On the normal version of Scene-it I once had a clip of Moonraker come up. It was the scene where Bond kills Drax. The question afterwards was "which actor made his eleventh and final appearance in this film?"

How does that work?
    Bernard Lee
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I have the DVD of seen it James Bond edition but it didn't come with a board.
    oo7 wrote:
    nice
    Samuel001 wrote:

How does that work?
    Bernard Lee
    That's obviously the answer but it doesn't quite jive with the clip.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm pleased to know I'm not speaking a second language.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 140
    I had a Goldfinger board game when I was a kid. I assume it must have been the 1985 edition. I bought it with allowance money and gave it to myself for Christmas; wrapped it and put it under the tree and everything.

I wonder if it's hidden away among all the childhood junk of mine that my parents have stored away. I also wonder if there's any chance it's a collector's item by now.
  • oo7oo7
    00Ed wrote:
    I had a Goldfinger board game when I was a kid. I assume it must have been the 1985 edition. I bought it with allowance money and gave it to myself for Christmas; wrapped it and put it under the tree and everything.

I wonder if it's hidden away among all the childhood junk of mine that my parents have stored away. I also wonder if there's any chance it's a collector's item by now.

If irradiated it makes other board games worth more
    $T2eC16FHJGIFFoOgieb6BR7w-KT3N!~~60_35.JPG

I got this for Christmas a few years ago. Never played it. More of a collector's item, really.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I've got this German game. Never got round to translating how to play it but its quite a nice collectable featuring the last great poster art before the descent into photoshop hell:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/106746/james-bond-007-das-agentenspiel
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 4,622

I got this for Christmas a few years ago. Never played it. More of a collector's item, really.
    :)) I swear as a kid, I got that game as a gift, at a company Christmas party. I remember playing it, although I had no idea who this Bond guy was.
    I remember thinking it would have been neater if it had been a Man From Uncle game, although I didn't watch Uncle either, but I knew it was a groovy show that older kids watched. I was pretty young. I had never heard of Bond though.
    I wish I had kept it, but it went the way of other children's games. Just disappeared.

timmer wrote:

:)) I swear as a kid, I got that game as a gift, at a company Christmas party. I remember playing it, although I had no idea who this Bond guy was.
    I remember thinking it would have been neater if it had been a Man From Uncle game, although I didn't watch Uncle either, but I knew it was a groovy show that older kids watched. I was pretty young. I had never heard of Bond though.
    I wish I had kept it, but it went the way of other children's games. Just disappeared.

What I wouldn't give for all my toys, games and books from kidhood. They'd make quite a trove. I am, however, reconstituting my old Hot Wheels collection through eBay purchases.

My fastest hotwheel was a shiny green mag-wheeled tow truck of all things. It had extra weight which helped it beat the other kids cars down the orange strip track.
    Good time! Racing hotwheels.