LATEST TV THREAD : What new shows are you excited to see this fall?

edited August 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
As we wrap up August and approach September it means two things: FOOTBALL SEASON AND THE FALL TV SEASON

Let me begin by saying that I am not the biggest fan of televison, I may watch just 4-5 series every season. I prefer to wait until they come out on DVD or Netflix then I can watch back to back and not worry about crappy commercials. Also the way the networks are so quick to ax a new series that it makes no sense to watch a new one. You get hooked and the show is yanked. (666Park Ave, Last Resort to name a few). Classic Star Trek would not survive in this enviroment.

As for new shows, "Sleepy Hollow" looks interesting and has a cool premise. Have to wait and see. I'm a big fan of Nicole Beharie so I'll give it a peek.
I will stick my mainstays
1. THE GOOD WIFE
2, JUSTIFIED
3. NASHVILLE
4. AMERICAN HORROR STORY they will have a new storyline, I did not watch the second season, it just got too gory. I will check out the new season and see where it goes.
5. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Can't go wrong here....

Comments

• edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    English football (aka real football ;) ) is kicking off again too. The Premier League's first fixtures are this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a West Ham fan and we're playing Cardiff on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to Breaking Bad. First episodes out but I haven't gotten round to downloading it yet (it's not on TV over here in the UK and I don't have Netflix).

Sherlock is meant to air sometime this year so I'm anticipating that, and then Moffats other show, Doctor Who has a 50th anniversary special followed by a Christmas special where Matt Smith will leave.

Fresh Meat is coming back on too and it's pretty funny so I'm looking forward to that. Him and Her is another good comedy coming back on in the Autumn.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I too am looking forward to the return of the Premier League. COYS!

I'd like to have said I'm also looking forward to the NFL this autumn but it seems the BBC can't be arsed to pay for the continued coverage so they've dropped from their schedules. No doubt this means it'll only be on SKY (which I don't have) so no SuperBowl for me next year. I'm well pissed with that.

I am also looking froward to the Dr. Who specials in November and Christmas and of course Sherlock season 3 is an absolute must.

I have just started watching Ray Donovan. It's very good from what I've seen so far.
    off the top of my head would be Sherlock season 3 and Homeland season 3. and also the 2 Dr Who specials!!!! :-bd
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

Thank you, @Samuel001. Sorry everyone, I think it's only reasonable to move the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.