Would you do a dangerous stunt in a Bond movie, if given the opportunity?

edited July 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 224
The Ross Kananga article was an interesting read. He was paid $60,000 in 1972 to do the "walk" (a fast one at that) on the crocodiles in "Live And Let Die", doing it six times. Would you do a dangerous stunt, if capable, in a Bond movie? By the way, in today's money, $60,000 would equal $335,183.94. I wonder if Ross Kananga is still alive, being that he was in his late 20s back then?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Clearly not news.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I'd do it depending what it was , it wouldn't be about the money it'd be about being in a Bond film.
    It'd depend what it was. I've skydived and BASE jumped before but I don't think I'd have the balls to walk over crocodiles.
    it wouldn't be about the money it'd be about being in a Bond film.

That'd be my main reason too, although I wouldn't complain if I got a couple of hundred grand for doing it ;)
    It'd depend what it was. I've skydived and BASE jumped before but I don't think I'd have the balls to walk over crocodiles.
    it wouldn't be about the money it'd be about being in a Bond film.

That'd be my main reason too, although I wouldn't complain if I got a couple of hundred grand for doing it ;)

Maybe fighting on a train or skydiving of a mountain if they gave me about 5 million (maybe less) I'd jump over crocodiles or set on fire or jump off a cliff backwards.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ellis wrote:
    I wonder if Ross Kananga is still alive, being that he was in his late 20s back then?

Sadly not.

Tragedy struck in 1978, when at the age of 32, Ross Kananga died of cardiac arrest while spear fishing in the Everglades.

http://www.jamaicaswampsafari.com/ross-kananga
    The 2 I would do are these.

Car Barrel role from TMWTGG.

Bunjee Damn jump from GE.

\m/
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Ellis wrote:
    I wonder if Ross Kananga is still alive, being that he was in his late 20s back then?

Sadly not.

Tragedy struck in 1978, when at the age of 32, Ross Kananga died of cardiac arrest while spear fishing in the Everglades.

Aw thats quite sad he also got paid that much as they used his surname for Dr. Kananga.

• edited July 2013 Posts: 2,015
    There is a famous anecdote about a stunt and being paid to do it in a French movie, the scene with Belmondo on the roof of the subway (seen at various moment in the trailer)

When he ended the shooting, the story says the subway driver told him "I would not do that for one million". Belmondo answered "Neither would I" (implying he was paid more for the movie).
  • oo7oo7
    source
  • RikRik Southend
    I'd love to be a stunt man, not just on Bond but in general.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited July 2013 Posts: 7,314
    Ellis wrote:
    By the way, in today's money, $60,000 would equal $335,183.94.
    I didn't realize that stuntmen got paid this well. Like others have said, it depends on what it is but I would be down for trying a lot for three hundred grand. I'm not going to pretend that I wouldn't be frightened out of my wits though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Seriously, when I was young and fit I would have loved to try the ski jump in TSWLM. And yet I say that having never skied in my life. But if I had to choose one I really, really would loved to have done, it's that one.
  • I would surf the sunami. Doing it for real this time.. it's the only bad part of the movie for me.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    In a word "No."
    Dragonpol wrote:
    In a word "No."
    Good man.

However, I will certainly opt in and try my hand at cementing a place in the Bond legacy. Mark me down for "yes."
    I'm maybe a little old for stunts now, but if possible, would include the free fall sequence in Moonraker (that really would be a rush), or the somersault jump in The Man with the Golden Gun for instance. Forget things such as the jump off the dam in Goldeneye at the Archangel facility. Not that adventurous
    I agree with Chris Walken : you have to be a little nuts to do stuff like that ;)

Sometimes people push the envelope bit too far....saw some guy on YT who hand fed a gigantic croc and he was standing in mud , what if he'd slipped :/
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Richardo wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    In a word "No."
    Good man.

However, I will certainly opt in and try my hand at cementing a place in the Bond legacy. Mark me down for "yes."

Yes, I am something of a coward, not afraid to say that. Roger Moore said the same of himself - that's why he blinks when firing guns!