It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
2) Young Bond - They are more fun than you might expect
3) Moneypenny Diaries - Simply one of the best 007 books out there.
4) Gardner - Worth of your time even if the later ones are declining in quality, even if Dragonpol will deny that, and he makes a good case I'll admit.
5) Benson - Written by a fan and leans more toward the movie Bond , but he has a few very good and underrated novels.
6) DMC - Liked it but written as too much of a pastiche has too little originality
7) CB - A great writer but this one is rather bland, James Bland.
8) Boyd - Some brilliant moments but the writer lost himself in the anti decolonization idea.
9) Wood - he wrote two novelisations that both have a better story than the movies, but his James Bond does come very close to Fleming You would not believe it the books are TSWLM & James Bond and the Moonraker) I would not mind seeing an original book from his writing table
Why, thank you @SaintMark! I have a blog review series on 90s Gardner Bond novels coming up...I'll try to make the arguments there on why the novels should be better regarded than they are. :)