What did you hate about 007 Games ?

edited July 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 31
Our favourite spy has'nt exactly had the best of games , with the exception of GE (1997) , Nightfire and EoN. Make a list of the all Bond games you have played and what you hate about them . Even the good ones had something we hated.
«1

Comments

  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 121
    I hate how I once seen a clip from EoN on tv promoting the game where Diavolo said its Everything Or nothing Bond to Bond from a helicopter but then it wasnt in the game,
  • Posts: 66
    With the exception of a few (mainly Goldeneye, nightfire, Everything or Nothing and to an extent Tomorrow Never Dies) they have mostly been quick cash in's with little effort put into them.
  • Posts: 12,671
    I only ever played the old Atari game. I was never interested in them. They all seem to lack soul.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Posts: 2,635
    007 Racing's unexistent PC version. I really loved that game, and the computer version which was planned, didn't really exist.
  • Posts: 7,934
    the Craig era of game thus far has ended on 007 Legends yeah that sucks
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,719
    007 Racing, Rogue Agent and 007 Legends were all parts of the Bond games that I hated.
  • Music is mostly crap in thesegames... Sometimes they meanwell and attempt an orchestral soundtrack but it always come off sounding cheep. Come on videogame makers, put some real production value behind your products.
  • Posts: 66
    Goldeneye , Tomorrow Never Dies , and Everything or Nothing had great soundtracks (In my opinion), but as far as the others go I see your point. Especially with goldeneye reloaded and 007 legends.
  • I hate that 007 Legends was a bad Call of Duty clone with a modern version of the Bond classics. I did not want to use a smart phone as I stormed Fort Knox fighting a giant laser. If only the game put time into developing the classic characters representing the films in their respective decades, maybe it would have been a classic.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Posts: 496
    I hate that 007 Legends was a bad Call of Duty clone with a modern version of the Bond classics. I did not want to use a smart phone as I stormed Fort Knox fighting a giant laser. If only the game put time into developing the classic characters representing the films in their respective decades, maybe it would have been a classic.
    Don't forget the voices and the techy stuff in the past and maybe it would be helpful if they had them in order and none of them were their best films and none of them looked like them.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    Bond games are always going to be rubbish because their quick cash grabs, so why put in the effort to make a truly great Bond game? It's a sad way of thinking but that's just how it is. Until real effort goes into a Bond game, I'm simply not interested. I'll stick to my GTAs and Unchartered games.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,292
    The fact that most of the film adaptions butchered the movie they were based on. The fact that all the recent one's have been cheap cash ins. The fact that they remade Goldeneye and released it twice. The fact that they replaced every Bond actor with Daniel Craig.

    But what I really hate is the fact that every Bond game bar one has been a shooter when there's so much more potential.

    There's so much more to Bond than gunfights and the odd car chase, and it's a shame that none of the game makers seem to realise that.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Posts: 2,635
    Even tho they're actually cool (Except for GE2010), There's no Bond feeling in those games like it had back in EoN, in 2004.
  • Posts: 12,671
    Anybody played the Bond role-playing game?
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,027
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Posts: 496
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,027
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Posts: 496
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.

    Yeah but your just hiding for like 20 minutes in BS when your near the train but and your underground you just fire randomly I got a few good shots!
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,027
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.

    Yeah but your just hiding for like 20 minutes in BS when your near the train but and your underground you just fire randomly I got a few good shots!

    I haven't played Bloodstone so I don't know.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Posts: 496
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.

    Yeah but your just hiding for like 20 minutes in BS when your near the train but and your underground you just fire randomly I got a few good shots!

    I haven't played Bloodstone so I don't know.

    Why not it's the 3rd best of Bond games and one of the only 2 I've completed.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,027
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.

    Yeah but your just hiding for like 20 minutes in BS when your near the train but and your underground you just fire randomly I got a few good shots!

    I haven't played Bloodstone so I don't know.

    Why not it's the 3rd best of Bond games and one of the only 2 I've completed.

    Because I don't the consoles to play it.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Posts: 496
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Too much focus on action and killing. Bond games need some more investigation, gambling, stealth and espionage.

    Quite a bit of stealth in QoS and BS.
    The AI makes it too difficult to stay hidden long resulting in a yawn educing gun fight.

    Yeah but your just hiding for like 20 minutes in BS when your near the train but and your underground you just fire randomly I got a few good shots!

    I haven't played Bloodstone so I don't know.

    Why not it's the 3rd best of Bond games and one of the only 2 I've completed.

    Because I don't the consoles to play it.

    I think you can get it on computer.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 1,309
    That, of current times, they SUCK.

    007Legends.jpg
    Need I go on?

    I actually think the best DC Bond game has been Quantum of Solace. To me, it had more replay value than any of the efforts that came after it. The new GoldenEye was good for a little bit, but it got stale to me pretty quickly.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,027
    @hullcityfan. My computer is able to play HD games.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,719
    Murdock wrote:
    @hullcityfan. My computer is able to play HD games.

    Then get Blood Stone. Get it on Steam.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Posts: 202
    But what I really hate is the fact that every Bond game bar one has been a shooter when there's so much more potential.

    There's so much more to Bond than gunfights and the odd car chase, and it's a shame that none of the game makers seem to realise that.

    This. I think GE 007 (N64) is one of the greatest games ever made but Bond is not a man who kills hundreds of people before breakfast. I'd love to see a Bond game which gives you the Full Bond Experience, more like an RPG than a shooter (and a little more polished than the Game Boy version!)
  • 002002
    Posts: 581
    Murdock wrote:
    @hullcityfan. My computer is able to play HD games.

    Then get Blood Stone. Get it on Steam.

    you cant get Blood Stone on Steam because they took it off
  • 002002
    Posts: 581
    But what I really hate is the fact that every Bond game bar one has been a shooter when there's so much more potential.

    There's so much more to Bond than gunfights and the odd car chase, and it's a shame that none of the game makers seem to realise that.

    This. I think GE 007 (N64) is one of the greatest games ever made but Bond is not a man who kills hundreds of people before breakfast. I'd love to see a Bond game which gives you the Full Bond Experience, more like an RPG than a shooter (and a little more polished than the Game Boy version!)

    yeah its called Everything or Nothing....
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 9,869
    I wouldn't say I 'hated', but was more so annoyed that I couldn't get to the other side of the dam in GE64.

    Beware, watching the following video will ruin the mystery of it...

  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,253
    I never knew that! Fantastic video @QBranch. Thanks for sharing.
Sign In or Register to comment.