MI6 Community Twitter Sign-In App not working currently

Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
edited June 2013 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 145
Hi folks,

Dragonpol here. When I try to sign in to MI6 Community through authorising the Twitter app all is get is a white box with the following message:

Fatal error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [, long $code ]]) in /home/mi6community.com/mi6community.com/plugins/Twitter/class.twitter.plugin.php on line 305

I hope that some of the mods here or admin can do something to fix this otherwise I will no longer be able to post here as Dragonpol and will have to use this new second account instead.

--Dragonpol.

Comments

• MI6MI6 Administrator
    We're dependant on Twitter's API to facilitate these things. We'll be looking into any action we can take in the next few hours but until such time as it is resolved, we are more than happy to have to re-register and post under obvious aliases.

Sorry about the bugs, but its out of our hands.
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    MI6 wrote:
    We're dependant on Twitter's API to facilitate these things. We'll be looking into any action we can take in the next few hours but until such time as it is resolved, we are more than happy to have to re-register and post under obvious aliases.

Sorry about the bugs, but its out of our hands.

That's fine. Dragonpol2 is an obvious alias, so I'll post under that. The Twitter thing might be on their side - never thought about it that way.

Thanks for your help, MI6.

--Dragonpol2
    Still the same problem. Perhaps I should be contacting Twitter rather than MI6?

Any advice on how this can be resolved.

I'll remain as "Dragonpol2" in the interim; nothing else for it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    @Dragonpol2, why don't you try just signing in right from the forum? Your issue is that you can't sign in from Twitter, correct?
    edited June 2013 Posts: 145
    @Dragonpol2, why don't you try just signing in right from the forum? Your issue is that you can't sign in from Twitter, correct?

Yes, but it won't allow me to do that as I first signed up here using the Twitter app. When I try to sign in normally, it doesn't recognise my username or password. Thus, I have had to create a new account - Dragonpol2. I suppose I can use this instead if the problem cannot be successfully resolved. Everyone knows who I am by this stage, such is my notoriety(!).
    This is the message that it brings up when I try to sign in without Twitter on the Dragonpol username identity:

"Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username and password you entered."

It must be a case of once a Twitter user, you can only sign in with Twitter or not at all.

Sorry for all the bother, folks.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Now the issue is known, it may be able to be fixed as part of a future update.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 145
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Now the issue is known, it may be able to be fixed as part of a future update.

Oh, great. Thanks @Samuel001!
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    @Dragonpol2 - a temporary fix has been pushed out to the website today, have another go a signing in with twitter.
    MI6 wrote:
    @Dragonpol2 - a temporary fix has been pushed out to the website today, have another go a signing in with twitter.

Thanks! That's great @MI6! Will try it now.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, I can confirm that the Twitter app is now working again.

@Dragonpol is back in action!

Thank you all so much for your help and time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Does Facebook encounter the same problem? Great to see the Twitter fixed.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 17,800
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Does Facebook encounter the same problem? Great to see the Twitter fixed.

Yes, it is indeed @Samuel001. I'm not sure if Facebook does encounter the same problems on sign-in as the Twitter app did. I hope not. We'd have probably heard of it by now if it was. It seems to only have been with Twitter that there was a problem signing in. Thank you @MI6 for all of your help in resolving this issue. Much appreciated.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote:

That's great to hear!

Thank you @MI6 for helping in such an efficient and timely manner. :)
    Dragonpol wrote:

That's great to hear!

Thank you @MI6 for helping in such an efficient and timely manner. :)

Indeed. MI6 is the place to be!
    I'm using my temporary account to let the admins know that the Twitter sign-in app that I use as Dragonpol is not currently working. There seems to be a technical fault.
  • Dragonpol2 wrote:
    I'm using my temporary account to let the admins know that the Twitter sign-in app that I use as Dragonpol is not currently working. There seems to be a technical fault.

Strange, mine works right now. Is it up and running again?

Dragonpol2 wrote:

Strange, mine works right now. Is it up and running again?

No, it's still not working for me I'm afraid. I've PM'd @JamesPage though.
    This is the Error Code I get when I try to sign in as Dragonpol on the MI6 Community Twitter Sign-in App. Could it perhaps be arranged that I could sign in normally as Dragonpol?

The website declined to show this webpage
    HTTP 403
    Most likely causes:
    •This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
    Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Just to note that yesterday I tried to sign in as @Dragonpol on a public computer in my library branch and again was met with the same error message when I tried to sign in using the Twitter app. This shows that it is a more general problem and is not solely happening on my home computer.

I wonder if anyone else has had any problems with this at all?