Out with Craig!

edited June 2013 in Actors Posts: 2
Can hardly watch the Craig movies,he dosen't feel like bond at all,seems short and is to old 45 now,means he will be close to 50 when he's done

Comments

locking this thread soon
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 112
    PJNilsson wrote:
    Can hardly watch the Craig movies,he dosen't feel like bond at all,seems short and is to old 45 now,means he will be close to 50 when he's done
    :-w
    Do We Care? Note for record Moore was hold until he left? Oh yeah 57! Also I think Craig is one of the best. My personal favorite Being Dalton, but anyway Craig is the Bond that Fleming wrote. So I disagree with you and most of the people on this forum probably will too
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    IFM
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2013 Posts: 16,335
    Well you'll be seeing two more films with him so..
    I never waste much time, or participate, would be better, on these pages anymore but maybe the author makes a fair point. No need to rush in and castigate like that. Sure @PJNilsson wasn't really intent on causing hostilities and one or two names take it upon themselves to jump to conclusions

Say this, some weren't entirely over enthusiastic when Craig got the part. I wasn't all up on his film work at the time the news was released in 2005, that he would take over from Pierce Brosnan, apart from (mainly) his work in Layer Cake. Right off the bat, took issue with hair and eye color, a definite change on what came before, and the physique was questionable, some would have deemed Craig better for Mr Olympia than the most important part of the James Bond franchise - Bond himself

But after initial skepticism (as with others) Craig has grown on me as Bond, and we came to overlook those (minor) complaints and irritations and he has materialized into one of the best Bonds of recent years, but still behind Connery and Dalton for all round Fleming-ness. I still think Craig still has something to offer, he's done at least two very good Bond releases, and even gave a fine performance in QOS. (It was the overall release that year that was such a disappointment, although once again, Craig actually did well) He's around 44 years of age now, still ample time to provide, and for anyone to suggest he's past it now in the part of Bond is a bit of a nonsense, but if he does get to carry on until he is fifty or beyond, that may be stretching things a bit. Good for at least one more release and even a second as things stand, but not sure with a continuation thereafter. Surely won't go on for as long as Moore. He's (Craig) been a fine Bond hitherto, and just don't want to seem him stay too long or maybe embarrass himself as with some of the previous actors like Moore and Connery, who put togther some outstanding releases and fine work, but then stayed on in the part, a little too long

If people want to pick holes with Craig, or find fault, it's all very well and good, as we all have our preferences and favorites, so all said, couldn't really find fault with what the author said. Craig won't last forever and the years are catching up, but once again, and in his defense, he has been a very good Bond for the most part since his arrival as James Bond. No need for any real hostilities here. All about opinions, after all
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I still think Craig still has something to offer, he's done at least two very good Bond releases, and even gave a fine performance in QOS.
    His performance in QOS was awesome, and why it's one of my favourite Bond movies. Just thought I'd throw that in here.
    \m/
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    I'm happy to have him finish out his term, especially if Mendes is going to continue directing.
    Next hire though, I will be agressively campaigning for a young hire. Ideally a 30 year old, with the classic tall-dark-and-handsome look, who can bring a demeanour, both smooth and dangerous.
    In the meantime I am curious to see what Craig might do post SF, considering the ending of SF, seemed to set-up for a good old Bond-on-assignment type scenario, with the old gang all back in place, ie M, MP and Q plus Tanner.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    And on timmer's brilliant note, can we close this now? \:D/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 23,643
    I'm not even going to try and find a thread where Craig can be discussed; there are plenty of them.

@PJNilsson, your opening post makes little sense. If the age issue matters, then you must also feel very grumpy towards Connery (see NSNA), Moore (AVTAK) and Brosnan (DAD). They were all in their 50s when they quit. In fact, if 45 is too old, even Dalton doesn't escape your meaningless gripe. So I guess only Lazenby is acceptable by your standards then. Wow, I predict some tough hours for you on this forum if that's the case.

Either way, I advise you a second time to consider all the threads we have already active in our archives, which you can find here

>. Never open up duplicate threads, lest you crave the wrath of the powers-that-be.

Lockity lock!
This discussion has been closed.