Should Felix Leiter go solo and do his own films and books?

hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
edited June 2013 in Actors Posts: 496
I had this dream a few months ago and thought should Felix do the same as Bond but not be as dangerous as his missions or something similiar and should battle against villians who are mad and you get to see inside the CIA like the head of the CIA and the CIA's Q? Or maybe he has a fancy Ford Mustang or a better car than Bond full of gadgets I feel I should tell a story like this when I'm older or someone else and help them! ( I used the search bar underneath the logo and nothing came up) So what do you guys think of course it would be the same Leiter from the films but dont include Bond include someone else and give him Leiter girls to help him eg. Bouvier, Goodhead,Jinx (even though she's NSA) etc.

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    In a word 'no'.

In a few words 'Christ no.'
  • I think not. That would be only slightly better than having a Jinx spinoff. EON has enough trouble trying to give us a new film every 2 years, last thing they need is to be distracted by a spinoff.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    In a word 'no'.

In a few words 'Christ no.'

My sentiments exactly. Well said as always, Ice!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    You must be joking anything that gets in the way of the main film is not required in by book.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    You must be joking anything that gets in the way of the main film is not required in by book.

No I mean made by another company or something. It is just a thought that occured to me.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I can see this in the realm of fan fiction but not beyond.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

No I mean made by another company or something. It is just a thought that occured to me.

Who the hell is going to pay to go and see a Felix Leiter film? Quite apart from EON ever letting it happen.

Mrcoggins wrote:

Who the hell is going to pay to go and see a Felix Leiter film? Quite apart from EON ever letting it happen.

Well I would the name is Leiter, Felix Leiter and he gets into his Ford Mustang and chase after some drug dealers.
    talos7 wrote:
    I can see this in the realm of fan fiction but not beyond.

That would be more than far enough for this awful idea in my book.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Well I would the name is Leiter, Felix Leiter and he gets into his Ford Mustang and chase after some drug dealers.

Yeah but unfortunately for you (but not the rest of the cinema going world) no producer in Hollywood, even Charlie Feldman, is insane enough to make a film that only one person will go and see.

This might even be a more ill conceived idea than the Jinx spin off. It really is that poor an idea.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Yeah but unfortunately for you (but not the rest of the cinema going world) no producer in Hollywood, even Charlie Feldman, is insane enough to make a film that only one person will go and see.

This might even be a more ill conceived idea than the Jinx spin off. It really is that poor an idea.

You can be really funny sometimes, dear old @TheWizardOfIce!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

'I try. And then 5 minutes later when I've got my breath back I try again.' - Edmund Blackadder
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would rather succumb to a buddy cop show starring JW and Billie Bob than a Felix Leiter spin-off. Leiter is nothing without Bond.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I would rather succumb to a buddy cop show starring JW and Billie Bob than a Felix Leiter spin-off. Leiter is nothing without Bond.

Agreed. Amis noted in his Dossier that he's not, shall we say, "all that" to use the modern parlance.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,816
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

'I try. And then 5 minutes later when I've got my breath back I try again.' - Edmund Blackadder

Well please don't stop trying. Apart from your now notorious(!) anti-NSF bias, I reckon you're one of the best things that ever happened to this place! And I mean that, brother. May I call you brother?
    edited June 2013 Posts: 9,117
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Well please don't stop trying. Apart from your now notorious(!) anti-NSF bias, I reckon you're one of the best things that ever happened to this place! And I mean that, brother. May I call you brother?

I'd rather you didnt old man. Not very British is it? Lets keep things on a firm handshake basis. We're not Americans after all.

notorious
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

I'd rather you didnt old man. Not very British is it? Lets keep things on a firm handshake basis. We're not Americans after all.

No, no. This famous exchange of "May I call you brother" came from an interview that Labour's George Brown had with Robin Day of the BBC. After a caustic exchange on the BBC's coverage of the October 1964 British General Election, Day said to Brown "May I call you brother?" Though I do forget that not very many people on Earth share my hobby of collecting vintage political speeches footage and footage of old General Elections. And you thought NSF was a bad hobby...!

Nothing American there...
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yes but instead Bond could appear or someone else like Bond? Plus the thought was just a brief dream last about 5 seconds but it would be good,he could work for Pinkertons detective agency aswell as the CIA.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    notorious
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

No, no. This famous exchange of "May I call you brother" came from an interview that Labour's George Brown had with Robin Day of the BBC. After a caustic exchange on the BBC's coverage of the October 1964 British General Election, Day said to Brown "May I call you brother?" Though I do forget that not very many people on Earth share my hobby of collecting vintage political speeches footage and footage of old General Elections. And you thought NSF was a bad hobby...!

Sorry brother thats a reference beyond even me.

Dragonpol wrote:
    notorious
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Sorry brother thats a reference beyond even me.

It is quite famous - by that I mean I've seen it played in clips of famous lines from interviews. But don't be running yourself down, Ice!" You can see said clip here - I recorded it from BBC Parliament in October 2008:

And here's George Brown, then the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party making an election speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=n7v12xOpGok&NR=1
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Does anyone have an objection to me closing this thread down? It's funny for sure but useless overall and going nowhere. ;-)
    Could you wait until I get a reply from @TheWizardOfIce? After that, feel free.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Does anyone have an objection to me closing this thread down?
    Not at all.
    ;)
    Most amusing Draggers. If nothing else it distracted me from England's turgid plodding for a minute.

Yes indeed Darth I think its time for this malformed runt of a thread to be put in a sack and dumped in the canal.

Unless of course anyone really wants to muse on whether Linder or Burton would be better in the title role of Hullcityfan's epic turkey?
    Most amusing Draggers. If nothing else it distracted me from England's turgid plodding for a minute.

Yes indeed Darth I think its time for this malformed runt of a thread to be put in a sack and dumped in the canal.

Unless of course anyone really wants to muse on whether Linder or Burton would be better in the title role of Hullcityfan's epic turkey?

I thought that you might get a kick out of that, Ice. Alas, those actors are but dead - though I do see the irony of your point. It's a Stewart Lee thing; others need not apply.
    Dragonpol wrote:

I thought that you might get a kick out of that, Ice. Alas, those actors are but dead - though I do see the irony of your point. It's a Stewart Lee thing; others need not apply.

I get the impression we've got more of a Michael Mcintyre crowd in brother rather than the sublime Mr Lee.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Does anyone have an objection to me closing this thread down? It's funny for sure but useless overall and going nowhere. ;-)

Please dont theres not another thread and all mine have been closed and its quite funny what peole think about it and its not useless surley theres someone in the world who thinks the same as me!
    Dragonpol wrote:

I get the impression we've got more of a Michael Mcintyre crowd in brother rather than the sublime Mr Lee.

Sadly, how true. Expect walkouts any time now. It's political correctness gone mad. Chalk it down to us not making enough jokes about Muslims.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:

Please dont theres not another thread and all mine have been closed and its quite funny what peole think about it and its not useless surley theres someone in the world who thinks the same as me!

There's always this thread.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4247/in-an-odd-turn-of-events-a-bond-spinoff-is-made.-what-kind-of-spinoff-would-you-like-to-see#Item_12
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yes, keep it open for the banter. It's a pretty crap idea, mind.
This discussion has been closed.