Is TWINE the most divisive film in the series?

13»

Comments

I'm not a big Denise Richards fan but I think the hate surrounding her is a little unjust. I think it mostly stems from the fact that she had made her name before TWINE doing steamy brain-dead teen movie fare so it makes sense that people's knee-jerk reaction was one of disdain at her being cast as a scientist.
    But personally I think she works in the movie. Christmas is a spunky scientist in the classic Bond girl mould. Furthermore Richards is very easy on the eye in the film itself. Her character doesn't really contribute a great deal to the movie but she hardly detracts enough from the movie to sink the entire ship.
    Also here is a picture of Richards doing the rounds in the tabloids this weekend:
    article-2332018-1A089A0D000005DC-754_634x830.jpg
    I think she most definitely still has it.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Never had a problem with Richards in the role. She did what she was supposed to do. Who cares about her reputation outside of the film's universe? Jinx is far, FAR worse.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bond girls during the Brosnan era were overall weak and disappointing. Jinx was the worst but Christmas was bad, utterly miscast, Xenia was a caricature, Paris was a plot excuse and the others could have been better.

I thought that Natalya from GoldenEye was not too bad.

Yes she was quite good. But that is one. Some were ok, but could have been better.

Well, I'm glad that we're in agreement there, although I think I'm right in saying that Wai Lin was pretty good as a Major Anya Amasova "being Bond's equal" type, too. Yes?

On principle I don't like Bond's equal because Bond should not have an equal, man or woman (except maybe some henchmen, but this is because they are pit against Bond and he needs a challenge). An Bond's equal as a Bond girl is just redundant, like giving Lois Lane superpowers. Wai-Lin was maybe the best of a bad concept, but notice that she had to become a helpless damsel in distress near the end, when the plot required it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ludovico wrote:
    Wai-Lin was maybe the best of a bad concept, but notice that she had to become a helpless damsel in distress near the end, when the plot required it.
    So she WAS NOT Bond's equal, as it should be!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Wai-Lin was maybe the best of a bad concept, but notice that she had to become a helpless damsel in distress near the end, when the plot required it.
    So she WAS NOT Bond's equal, as it should be!

She failed to be, I guess, at some point at least. Because it is a bad concept.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm not a big Denise Richards fan but I think the hate surrounding her is a little unjust. I think it mostly stems from the fact that she had made her name before TWINE doing steamy brain-dead teen movie fare so it makes sense that people's knee-jerk reaction was one of disdain at her being cast as a scientist.
    But personally I think she works in the movie. Christmas is a spunky scientist in the classic Bond girl mould. Furthermore Richards is very easy on the eye in the film itself. Her character doesn't really contribute a great deal to the movie but she hardly detracts enough from the movie to sink the entire ship.
    Also here is a picture of Richards doing the rounds in the tabloids this weekend:
    article-2332018-1A089A0D000005DC-754_634x830.jpg
    I think she most definitely still has it.

Yes, she certainly look good enough to me.