Last Vegas (2013) Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman

edited May 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 645

Last Vegas (2013) Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman

Watcha think? Good movie or more like Hangover 4: "The Golden Years"

Comments

Why don't we just make a thread called "everything" and close all the threads as well........
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    In all fairness, I think there's litte wrong with each film or series having it's own thread. Keep this open.

Whether this is a Hangover rip-off or not, it may well be far better than The Hangover: Part II!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2013 Posts: 16,333
    jolearon wrote:
    Why don't we just make a thread called "everything" and close all the threads as well........

You know, I'm just pointing out an alternative place for this as respectable as possible. You don't need to get upset or angry when someone points out an alternative thread. It's not like I want this closed on purpose, but if there's a better place for it, I'm showing you an alternative. I have enough problems as it is, I don't need flack for trying to help. 8-|
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote:
    jolearon wrote:

You know, I'm just pointing out an alternative place for this as respectable as possible. You don't need to get upset or angry when someone points out an alternative thread. It's not like I want this closed on purpose, but if there's a better place for it, I'm showing you an alternative. I have enough problems as it is, I don't need flack for trying to help. 8-|

Exactly. It is as if you are doing this on purpose, @jolearon, to see how far you can take it. You are no doubt aware that there is a thread for films releasing soon, and it has been constantly on the front page. Instead of looking, you thought it best to just make yet another thread that belongs somewhere else, and will no doubt lead to being locked. Being a smart aleck about it doesn't help either.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'm not sure why this should be closed. We've had plenty of films and TV shows get their own threads before.

If this gets locked then we should also close the Doctor Who thread, the Spiderman thread, the 24 thread, the Dark Knight thread, the Sherlock thread, etc.

On topic, the trailer is dull imo and doesn't really excite me but it could be good. Great cast anyway.
    I'm not sure why this should be closed. We've had plenty of films and TV shows get their own threads before.

If this gets locked then we should also close the Doctor Who thread, the Spiderman thread, the 24 thread, the Dark Knight thread, the Sherlock thread, etc.

On topic, the trailer is dull imo and doesn't really excite me but it could be good. Great cast anyway.

That's not the point. Those are recognizable franchises. This is a one off movie that would fit in the thread I specified above earlier.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Murdock wrote:
    That's not the point.

Yes, it is. Those are (or used to be) upcoming films or shows and they didn't get locked.
    Murdock wrote:
    Those are recognizable franchises. This is a one off movie that would fit in the thread I specified above earlier.

Django Unchained wasn't/isn't a franchise. Neither were the tons of other one off films that have gotten their own threads on here.

We've always had films getting their own threads before so I don't see why it should be any different now because this film doesn't have a recognisable brand name attached to it.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 16,333
    Well All I know is that I'm just pointing something out and the OP gets snarky about it. I'm just doing a good deed to the forum. Not being a downer. Everyone else does it.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to have a go at you because I enjoy your posts.

I was just venting my anger at the whole duplicate thread rule, which I think can be too harsh.
    It's alright. I agree that rule can be annoying as well.
    I was a bit smart aleck because I was not happy with the trend of the first comment to be suggesting another instead of discussing the topic at hand. It always turns into a "should this be it's own thread" kinda deal. Not that you @Murdock are doing wrong at all, I took the suggestion as a hint of closing I guess, I've seen it so much.

And no @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I wasn't trying to "to see how far I can take it" I know there is a upcoming films thread, but there much more going on in the thread that I'm not interested in seeing, or talking about, so I made a thread about this film for talking about "Last Vegas."

I guess that's yet another rule I was not aware of, who decides what movie is popular enough to have it's own thread? Ridiculous. Admins running around in circles over dumb stuff, what a waste of time. Then having the gall to say I'm wasting my time trying "to see how far I can take it"... Amazing.

So to sum up, less suggesting, more discussing.
    @Murdock not meaning to attach you whatsoever.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 on the other hand, thanks for being sooooo professional.
    What are you 10 years old, who made you an admin? Always having to say the last word or step in and add some type of snotty remark or comment to make some point and to somehow justify you being an admin at all? Why be so standoffish? Can't people talk about a topic without you having so say something negative about another person?

I don't think @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 should be an admin.

And @thelivingroyale thanks for backing the issue up. Unfortunately, this thread is now mucked up with all of the "should this be it's own thread" junk ONCE AGAIN... Why do I even go to this site anymore...
    Oh, and I think this movie will be good, just not Hangover good.
    DeNiro_bf64_zpse5d17111.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @jolearon, I really appreciate the good laugh you gave me after reading your post: I sure needed it. I do not wish to be a mod/admin and don't attempt to pretend to, I just voice my concerns without worrying about hurting people's feelings, because I see no point in not speaking my mind. I don't live life to be a liked person, and I sure as hell won't change for you or anyone else. In addition, while I sure wish I was 10 years old, I am unfortunately not and have to deal with the cards I am dealt, not that you are ever around here enough to pretend to know me like a book anyway. Regardless, I just get sick of the snotty remarks when members here (myself included) try to create less clutter on the site by posting links to threads where things are better suited. I don't agree completely with all these numerous film threads either, but adding to the issue and then barking at us for offering suggestions doesn't help the process. And again, if you don't like it here, leave. Nobody is stopping you. Why stay somewhere that makes you unhappy?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't know what's worse: the state of this thread, or how bad the film looks.
    @jolearon apology accepted, however no offence You rarely come here, so why would you care if a thread like this gets closed anyway? I can honestly say that if posted on the topic I shared above. It might generate more attention but that's just me. It's not a personal attack on you or anything of the sort.

However the movie doesn't look appealing to me so I will be skipping it.