Who could've done a Bond theme?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I've always thought Sade could have done a Bond theme justice.

Jazzy and soulful.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I suggested her before. She can still do it.
  • MancAliceMancAlice Manchester
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would've absolutely loved to have heard Amy Winehouse do a Bond theme. It's a great shame she was never able to do one before she died.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 45,489
    MancAlice wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would've absolutely loved to have heard Amy Winehouse do a Bond theme. It's a great shame she was never able to do one before she died.

Some of us have
    mentioned it. A tragedy it never happened.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 2,483

Coralie Clement. Exquisitely sexy, and she's pretty enough to feature in the PTS.

High time for bossa nova Bond.
  • MancAliceMancAlice Manchester
    MancAlice wrote: »

Some of us have
    mentioned it. A tragedy it never happened.

I'm sure it would've been brilliant.

Coralie Clement. Exquisitely sexy, and she's pretty enough to feature in the PTS.

High time for bossa nova Bond.

Good suggestion.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Her voice just drips elegance. She'd be a perfect fit for Bond in my view. I've been a fan of hers since 2001.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,599
    Agree with Sade, just a superb voice. Also, the Wilson sister could have done a great job.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Props to the people who mentioned Sade could (still) do a theme. Been a fan since before I had visual memories, a seriously classy act.

Regarding Amy Winehouse- I read or heard a long time ago that she was once in consideration to do the QOS theme. Is there any substance to this?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 45,489

Rammstein would have been a...surprising choice!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Now officially confirmed by Mendes on 6 Music in the UK a few weeks back, Radiohead did have the job, Mendes said he had got BB to sign off on it and they were due to go with this song until someone noticed that RH had actually been playing it live since the mid 90's and I guess this would have jepordised it's Oscar chances.

Previously called Big Boots and then later Man of War now featuring on this years OK Computer 20th Anniversary reissue.

They apparently they came back to them after them going to their 2nd choice Smith and offered their SPECTRE song which they thought was too dark and went with Smith.

I'm torn really as I can't stand SPECTRE the film so I'm glad it got Smith's song and though I think their SPECTRE theme is in another class to that WOTW drivel, Man of War will go down as one of the very best of the almost Bond songs in the history of the series.

A bonfide RH classic, very Bends OKC era but clearly a Bondian feel while still being clearly Radiohead. A proper rocker and for me although biased would have topped YKMN.

See what might have been.

Jonny Greenwood's pedigree is unmistakeable or the likes of PTA wouldn't be utilising his talents also the band are clearly fans of the Barry sound.

Fans had been touting this song never before officially released as a Bond theme for years and it seems it almost was, although a song this good deserves a film worthy of it and Bond 24 certainly wasn't that film.

Someone even took a live version of the song and matched it to the Skyfall some years ago below.

Portishead
    Portishead

They are still going strong.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,272
    Erm… was listening to the radio the other day, and ABBA came on. That got me thinking, with EON and their preference for using big selling acts and artists for their theme songs, wouldn't one think that ABBA at one point during the seventies (say 77-79) would have been thought of?

We did get ABBA included in a spy film eventually, though! :D
    thedove wrote: »
    For those Elvis fans...here is a song similar to a Bond theme.

Yes!!!! That one was quite Bondian. Interestingly, DOUBLE TROUBLE was the one film Elvis did that kind of had an espionage flavor.