I now know how humanity will end.....

edited May 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 4,813
Creepy talking 'thinking' robot. Actually pretty incredible- this guy actually sits and has a conversation with it, and it's not per-determined responses either; it's actually learning!!

http://www.wimp.com/robottalks/

human-like-robot.png

I think I know what the next model will look like:

tumblr_ml91hzYoqs1s8zwfvo1_1280.png

Comments

Boy, he/it is WAY scarier than the Terminator. That robot could kill with a smile, with enough time. With a warm smile.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 23,578
    Being of the Asimovian school myself, I reckon robots need not, as such, pose a threat to humanity. When governed by the three laws of robotics,

<center>1
    A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws. </center>

a robot's brain couldn't possibly conceive dangerous thoughts, unless for the greater good of mankind some suffering is mandatory. This is expressed in the zeroth law:

<center>0
    A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.</center>

For example, the more a robot learns about our world and our race, the more it might consider the painless destruction of a substantial portion of humanity a necessary deed. Overpopulation is, after all, an issue which a robot may objectively process, since most of us seem unable to anyway.

Praised be you, Dr. Asimov!
    <center>images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6i4JF0PXa4F2kUhAozh8IwojqpLJLFFwb_TgMiPZpI7ifgdEJ</center>
    Creepy talking 'thinking' robot. Actually pretty incredible- this guy actually sits and has a conversation with it, and it's not per-determined responses either; it's actually learning!!

http://www.wimp.com/robottalks/

human-like-robot.png

I think I know what the next model will look like:

tumblr_ml91hzYoqs1s8zwfvo1_1280.png

I hope it will be more like this :

full.jpg
    What robots lacks is - soul.
    Germanlady wrote:
    What robots lacks is - soul.

That's not different from many humans.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I even think that a programmed soul can and will be better than the twisted souls of certain people.