Favourite film or TV lines

edited April 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,837
Not just limited to Bond. Your favourite lines from any movie or TV show.

Almost anything from Gene Hunt (Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes) is pure gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=D5XnpK5Hzo0

And then there's John Mcclane's catchphrase.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

Always Bet on Duke! B-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:

Always Bet on Duke! B-)
    The coolest thing about that line is Roddy completely improvised it!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How I love Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes! Gene Hunt rocks. It's his attitude, not so much the words; the attitude is all.

So why can't I think of a direct quote right now? Arghhh!

End of LOM: "What are you talking about, Tyler? I AM the law!" as they speed off in the last scene of the series.

And okay, I just looked on up, one I definitely can picture clearly in my mind, in first episode of Ashes to Ashes when Alex Drake meets Gene Hunt:

Alex: "You're taller than I imagined."
    Gene: "I'm bigger in every department."

I enjoyed both series a lot.
    "You're a hard bitch" - Gengo in the dubbed GODZILAL VS. GIGAN. Was replaced with "You're a hard" to keep the G Rating. The DVD restores the "bitch".
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Movies
    Everything from Godfather trilogy...
    "Leave the gun, take the cannoli"
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man"
    "This is the business we've chosen! I never asked who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business"
    "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!"

Series
    I suppose that because of the forum's rules I can't quote everything I like from The Sopranos. But here's something not R rated:
    "Those who want respect, give respect"
    "Revenge is like serving cold cuts"
    "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"
    "A Don doesn't wear shorts"
    Chose Commando (1985) as one great example and a classic for those of a certain age

'I let him go'

'I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now I'm very hungry'

'F--- you asshole, no F--- you, asshole'

'Put the knife away, and shut your mouth'

'I love listening to your little piss-ant soldiers trying to talk tough. They make me laugh. If Matrix, was here, he'd laugh too'

'John, I'm not going to shoot you between the eyes, I'm going to shoot you between the balls!'

'You're a funny guy Sully. I like you, that's why I'm going to kill you last'

'Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired'

'Come on Bennett, put away that chicken shit gun, you can beat me, I've only got one arm, put the knife in me, look me in the eye, when you turn it, and see what's going on in there. Come on Bennett, let's party'

'I can kill you John. I don't need the girl. I don't need no gun John, I can kill you, I don't need no gun !, I'm going to kill you now !'

'Why don't they call him Girl George. It would cut a lot of confusion I think'

'Let off some steam Bennett'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, 'Commando' had some truly excellent lines in it. Schwarzenegger delivers again.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Baltimore_007, 'Commando' had some truly excellent lines in it. Schwarzenegger delivers again.

In relation to naff Arnie lines anything from this movie is comedy gold

=))

I am a huge Alien fan and I think it has many great lines:

"Right"
    "The first thing I'm going to do when I get back, is.. to get some decent food" (Cue Chestburster)
    "Final report of the commercial Starship Nostromo. Third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."
    "It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it."
    Kane: "Quit griping." Lambert: "I like griping."
    Ripley: "Whenever he says *anything* you say "right," Brett, you know that?"
    Brett: "Right."
    Ripley: "Parker, what do you think? Your staff just follows you around and says "right". Just like a regular parrot."
    Parker: "[laughs] Yeah, shape up. What are you some kind of parrot?"
    Brett: "Right."
    "I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
    "Back to the ole freezerinos."
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 57
    Michael Caine in the Dark Knight:

"A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. "
    More from Sopranos:

[When Carmine Lupertazzi dies] "He was a great man. My cousin told me he invented point shaving".
    "Rememeber when is the lowest form of conversation".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The epitome of "classic", from Casablanca:
    "Rick: Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: you're getting on that plane with Victor where you belong.

Ilsa: But, Richard, no, I... I...

Rick: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what you'd have to look forward to if you stayed here? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up in a concentration camp. Isn't that true, Louie?

Captain Renault: I'm afraid Major Strasser would insist.

Ilsa: You're saying this only to make me go.

Rick: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Ilsa: But what about us?

Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.

Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.

Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid."

And one of the most powerful film speeches ever, from Spiderman 2:

It brings back childhood memories of why I loved (and still do) heroes today. A masterpiece of a film in every regard.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

and then of course...
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Ah, Rorschach, how I love you. Such a people person... ;))

Rorschach: "Never compromise."

Words to live by.