STUNTS - where to from here?

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited March 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,399
over the years, the action in the 007 films have been defined by at least 1 amazing stunt per film... whether it's skiing off a cliff, bungee jumping off a dam, or skydiving out of an airplane without a parachute - James Bond has pretty much run the gamut on spectacular stunts...

the question i pose, is what is there left for him to do? What stunts would you like to see James Bond pull off in a future 007 installment?

i'll start off...

i recently caught an episode of Top Gear, in which they featured a race between Hammond (in a rally car) against Yves Rossy and his jetpack.. and obviously, the first thing that popped into my mind was Thunderball and Die Another Day... but the fact that this thing can be controlled - and unlike in DAD, you don't glide - it's completely flyable amazes me.. and i could envision a PTS opening with Bond diving from the back of a plane (ala TND) deploying this thing, and flying to a location - maybe if they made it a stealth version, i dont know (spit balling ideas here).. and it allows him to fly completely undetected by radar into a secure area, where he can then land and go about his business.... i think it would be a cool signature moment - it's believable.. far fetched.. but believable... i don't think i could picture Craig's Bond doing something like this.. but it would be kind of cool - hell Connery used a dumb jetpack complete with stupid helmet in TB.. but unlike TB, where that jetpack was conveniently placed to allow him to amazingly escape Bouvar's guards - this would be used to infiltrate..

another idea i had was a fight on scaffolding that window washers use on skyscrapers.. like if 007 went back to NY, and was in the new freedom tower - a fight broke out, and it spilled out through the glass windows and onto scaffolding.. eventually leading to Bond dropping his attacker off, and letting him fall a good few hundred feet lol.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,896
    HASEROT wrote:
    i could envision a PTS opening with Bond diving from the back of a plane (ala TND) deploying this thing, and flying to a location - maybe if they made it a stealth version, i dont know (spit balling ideas here).. and it allows him to fly completely undetected by radar into a secure area, where he can then land and go about his business.... i think it would be a cool signature moment - it's believable.. far fetched.. but believable... i don't think i could picture Craig's Bond doing something like this.. but it would be kind of cool - hell Connery used a dumb jetpack complete with stupid helmet in TB.. but unlike TB, where that jetpack was conveniently placed to allow him to amazingly escape Bouvar's guards - this would be used to infiltrate..
    You just gave the exact description of a stunt I'm including in my fan fiction- except this doesn't happen in the PTS, but much later on in the story. Mid flight, Bond is targeted by two enemy helicopters, so it's kind of a Little Nelly cross DAD switchblade action sequence.

We haven't had a great deal of unique bike stunts, except for in GE's PTS and TND's jump over the chopper. SF's PTS jump onto the train was cool, but not as unique as the former two.

I'd like to see something like in the GE PTS, but Bond climbs from the bike directly onto the plane to escape. Here's how the beginning of the stunt might look:

Parachute onto a bike (or car) like this attempt:

A cross between LTK and GE's PTS:

Or maybe Logan can work this into the script... :))
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,021
    That episode of TOP GEAR was on French TV last night which I happened to watch. The first thing when I saw the jetman chasing the rally car was - please don't put that into the next Bond film!...however. I thought a decent car chase on a rally course would be a cool stunt sequence (and why not the next PTS)...Bond is in Scotland sorting out the destroyed mess that is now SKYFALL lodge. He decides to go and watch the world rally that happens to be taking place nearby. During this time he is informed that there is someone out there to kill him...the chase begins as he takes his newest aston martin on the rally course being chased by the bad guys...as the rally is underway...

could be a cross between the PTS of QOS and the car cahse in OHMSS!
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Picture a city skyline (Hong Kong, Dubai, Jakarta...):

A modern attack helicopter (engine is starting up slowly) is tipped (by an explosion perhaps) over the edge of a helipad atop a 500m+ skyscraper - it rolls down the helipad and tips over the edge of the building's summit - the chopper's undercarriage literally 'skids' vertically down the side of this skyscraper whilst Bond has a frantic fist fight with a henchman as they are both smacked into the rear of the cabin by the realtive force of the chopper hurtling down the side of the skyscraper, on a path straight down to the busy streets below...

After a few seconds of improvised grappling Bond kicks the guy out of a smashed window and, fighting the 'upward' force calmy increases the engine power, then uses the variable tilt of the stabilizing rotor to turn the chopper, still mid air and closing in on the ground.
    The helicopter starts to level out but the rotors only slow it's fall as the speed of the decent is too high for the rotors to completely stop the fall - Bond manages to steer the flailing chopper to a body of water/river where it crashes, but not lethally...