The thread of Bond lists - LIST 157 - Evaluate the FRWL Opening Titles. (see criteria)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    LIST 1: The 007 most intelligent Bond girls
    LIST 2: Your 007 favourite OT sequences by Maurice Binder
    LIST 3: Your 007 most annoying moments in a Bond film
    LIST 4: Rank the Aston Martin cars from the Bonds
    LIST 5: 007's 007 coolest moments
    LIST 6: Rank the non-Barry/Arnold scores
    LIST 7: Your 007 most sexy moments in the Bonds
    LIST 8: The 6 best moments of Bond in London
    LIST 9: The 007 best uses of the Bond Theme
    LIST 10: The 5 worst faces made by the Bonds
    LIST 11: Your top 10 PTS
    LIST 12: The 6 best scenes in OHMSS

<font color=orange size=5><b>LIST 013</b></font>

<font color=green size=6> <b>David Arnold's 6 finest moments in the Bonds</b></font>
    6 - Miami International

5 - TWINE PTS

4 - TND PTS

3 - Vesper's Theme aboard the plane in QOS

2 - Parking Lot Car Chase

1 - Bregenz
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,894
    6. <a href=" - 2:28</a> (TWINE)
    5. Caviar Factory (TWINE)
    4. Come In 007, Your Time Is Up (TWINE)
    3. <a href=" - 1:48</a> (TND)
    2. Driving To Paris (TND)
    1. Company Car (TND)
    6. Hotel Escape/Meeting w/ M (QoS)
    5. Bond, James Bond (CR)
    4. Thames Chase (TWINE)
    3. Hardcore Parkour (CR)
    2. Car Chase (QoS)
    1. Bregenz (QoS)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2013 Posts: 16,331
    This one is actually really hard...Arnold sure has some fantastic scores! Will never understand the hate for him

6. Come in 007, Your Time is Up (TWINE)
    5. Night at the Opera (QOS)
    4. African Rundown (CR)
    3. Backseat Driver (TND)
    2. What's Keeping You Awake (QOS)
    1. Bike Chase (TND)
    1. Backseat Driver
    2. Hamburg Breakout
    3. Time to Get out
    4. Miami International
    5. Hovercraft Chase
    6. TWINE end credits
    7. The end of CR
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    This is hard for me, and I don't have the specific musical knowledge (like the names of the tracks!) memorized. So thanks for the links,@Murcock. :) Allow me to just mention these, which were outstanding for me:

1) CR Vesper's Theme
    2) TWINE (PTS)
    3) Vesper's Theme in QOS (maybe that is What's Keeping You Awake)
    4) TND - Backseat Driver
    5) TND - bike chase
    6) DAD - hovercraft chase

001 Backseat Driver
    002 I'm the Money
    003 Dinner Jackets
    004 Inside Man
    005 Welcome to Baku
    006 The Palio
    edited April 2013 Posts: 23,551
    LIST 13: David Arnold's 6 finest moments in the Bonds

<font color=orange size=5><b>LIST 014</b></font>

<font color=green size=6> <b>The five nicest folks who ever played a part in a Bond film.</b></font>
    5) Hervé Villechaize - A warm presence on the set, it's sad he had to die so young.

<center>HerveVillechaize.jpg</center>

4) Timothy Dalton - From what I've read and seen, Dalton, though not as extrovert as some, was actually a nice Bond actor to work with and a true sport. Went through a lot for TLD and LTK and didn't get nearly the praise he deserved.

<center>Timothy_dalton.jpg</center>

3) the late Desmond Llewelyn - From what I can tell, he's one of the sweetest men who ever walked the Bond stage.

<center>desmond_llewellyn.jpg</center>

2) Pierce Brosnan - All the negative press and bashing over here cannot persuade me into thinking that Brosnan is anything but a great lad. I sympathise with him over the tragedy that befall him in his first marriage and his more recent troubles a father. He always seems in a good spirit during interviews and he can doesn't mind making a joke.

<center>Pierce_Brosnan_1.jpg</center>

1) Roger Moore - Only one way to see it: Sir Roger, you are beautiful!

<center>images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoWut3l7hzDd0SZDjrGHpnMpnIDcHS6IDHOzRbvaXFD0UbxCIL</center>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    5.) Javier Bardem- From all I have seen of his involvement with Skyfall, Javier was dedicated to forming a compelling character in Silva from the start and worked hard with Mendes to bring him alive off the page. He seemed to be a great pleasure to work with, and was a skilled actor who brought his passion to the set and some fun in between takes that created a wonderful acting environment for the rest of the cast.

4.) Dame Judi Dench- Dame Judi is yet another part of the Bond family. Her long turn as M in two eras symbolize her enjoyment in the role and the fun she has had on set since Goldeneye. She is always smiling, shows supreme dedication to her craft and the character of M, wishing to portray the character the greatest she can without phoning anything in. The emotional reaction both during and after her final scene in Skyfall's shooting schedule show the great affect she has had on everyone from Michael and Barbara to Daniel and Sam Mendes. Future Bond films may all be cracking, but there will always be a void, something that makes you feel a sense of loss and that lets you know an important element is missing with her absence. Judi's magnificent presence both on and off set will be greatly missed as the series goes along, though we bow to her years of service to the series.

3.) Desmond Llewelyn- What more can you say about this Bond legend? Desmond lit up the screen whenever he was on, whatever it was that he was doing. He was not only Q, he was a familiar face you always expected to see and never once failed to make you smile with his antics. His long dedication to the series and the desire to continue years after his final turn in TWINE show his care for carrying on the Bond name and his enjoyment in the role. Time may go on, but there will only be one Desmond Llewelyn.

2.) Daniel Craig- He seems to be a great mind to work with on set, and his dedication to playing Bond speaks volumes of his character. He has a great respect for the audience and the history of Bond, so he wants to be sure it is him doing his stunts as much as possible. He is worked to the bone with his regimen and acting work on set, but always keeps a great atmosphere about him and never folds in the cards. His spirits on set are fun, helping the other actors to get comfortable and making it easier for directors to fulfill their requirements when the set is always relaxed and friendly. He was part of what saved QoS, when he even had to step into the writing chair and though it wasn't a comfortable role for him, he pulled through it and helped to get the film completed in the wake of the Writers' Strike. Needless to say, Bond won't be quite the same without him when he must ultimately leave the franchise (hopefully that is a long ways away though).

1.) Sir Roger Moore- Look up the definition of 'gentleman' in the dictionary and you will find a picture of Sir Roger Moore next to the text. His supreme dedication in life to be just about the nicest man you could ever imagine is palpable, and though it must be exhausting he makes it look easy. Just watching his Bond films you can tell how much fun he had in the role, and to this day he will spread his Bond love any what that he can, from interviews and press to Q&As and big promotions and fan signings. His mission in UNICEF and all the wonderful work he does all over the world is a truly admirable feat, but I must admit that I expect no less from him. I still find it an utter miracle that his heart hasn't popped out of his chest because it is so big and full of love. At the end of the day, Sir Roger Moore is one of the world's defining examples of everything we can be as human beings both in our enjoyment of living and being ourselves as well as helping to better the lives of others. The world is a brighter place for him being in it.

To all named, I pay my gratitude to you. ^:)^
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't know enough about what happens backstage to make a full list but from what I have seen and read I think Brosnan and Moore seem like the nicest Bonds.
    This is difficult and most likely would take some considerable time to award the right people, but don't have that, so first names to include would be Roger Moore, Desmond Llewelyn, Timothy Dalton, Christopher Lee and Lois Maxwell. I did think of putting in Bernard Lee as he was an immense and pivtoal figure of the franchise, but 'nicest figures to work with' ?, I somehow didn't think it was right to offer an inclusion. Maybe he could of been a bit snappy sometimes, I don't know, but the other names more than deserve their mention
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,444
    1. Roger Moore
    2. Desmond LLwelyn / Loismaxwell / Bernard Lee
    3. Judi Dench
    4. Pedro Armendariz
    5. Pierce Brosnan
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Brady, that was beautiful and emotional, thank you. I don't know enough about Desmond to be able to comment, so I won't, but everyone (who knows them) seems to love Javier, Judi, Daniel and Roger. Of course, the first three of them worked together, and apparently loved being around each other. What a love fest that was... :x :P I'd like to add Sam to the list, but I guess the list has to be actors only, and I don't feel I know enough to add another actor. I also can't put those four in any kind of order, but they're clearly all lovely, adorable people and a lot of fun. True lady and gentlemen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Tuulia wrote:
    Brady, that was beautiful and emotional, thank you. I don't know enough about Desmond to be able to comment, so I won't, but everyone (who knows them) seems to love Javier, Judi, Daniel and Roger. Of course, the first three of them worked together, and apparently loved being around each other. What a love fest that was... :x :P I'd like to add Sam to the list, but I guess the list has to be actors only, and I don't feel I know enough to add another actor. I also can't put those four in any kind of order, but they're clearly all lovely, adorable people and a lot of fun. True lady and gentlemen.

Why thank you, milady.

hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I suppose Moore and Llewelyn were the nicest, but I also hear good things about Craig. Even Connery seemed to be nice, at least in the first movies (when he enjoyed the role). But I don't know much about production in order to make a ranking.
    0013 wrote:
    I suppose Moore and Llewelyn were the nicest, but I also hear good things about Craig. Even Connery seemed to be nice, at least in the first movies (when he enjoyed the role). But I don't know much about production in order to make a ranking.
    Well, I and many others don't either, since we weren't alive to see the events in question, but part of my list is judged by knowledge and some by inference.
    Yes and is great. But I can't honestly say who was nicer that who... Lazenby probably won't be at the top, but is Daniel nicer than Brosnan? I don't know.

Another thing, I know this is about people who played a role in Bond, but Cubby Broccoli making his pasta in TSWLM immedialty came to my mind. He sure was a man of honest and strong words but he also look like a nice person, someone that could be trusted.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Of the top of me 'ed;

5. Timothy Dalton - a true professional on set, and a true friend of the Broccoli family. Dalton was a pallbearer for Cubby.

4. Pierce Brosnan - he wanted to play James Bond so badly; isn't that we all aspire too?

3. Desmond Llewelyn - a beloved member of the Bond family.

2. Cubby Broccoli - legendary producer, a real man, as Ken Adams' said, "one of the boys", someone you could trust. Even if he didn't know the person, he would still talk to them, like he did. Truly great man.

1. Sir Roger Moore. Need I say more....
    Well, if Cubby can be named then I will add Sam Mendes to my list after all. :D
    LIST 13: David Arnold's 6 finest moments in the Bonds
    LIST 14: The five nicest folks who ever played a part in a Bond film.

<font color=orange size=5><b>LIST 015</b></font>

<font color=green size=6> <b>Ranking the Glen directed Bonds.</b></font>
    edited April 2013 Posts: 23,551
    001 - TLD

002 - FYEO

003 - LTK

004 - OP

005 - AVTAK
    5. A View To A Kill
    4. Octopussy
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    2. The Living Daylights
    1. License To Kill
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    5. A View To A Kill
    4. Octopussy
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    2. The Living Daylights
    1. License To Kill
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    5. A View To A Kill
    4. Octopussy
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    2. Licence to Kill
    1. The Living Daylights
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    1. FYEO
    2. TLD
    3. OP
    4. LTK
    5. AVTAK

But FYEO and TLD are a near tie for me. Both are favorites of mine.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    1. Licence To Kill
    2. For Your Eyes Only
    3. The Living Daylights
    4. Octopussy
    5. A View To A Kill

A View To A Kill is the only weak film here.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited April 2013 Posts: 7,314
    But FYEO and TLD are a near tie for me. Both are favorites of mine.
    I agree. It is tough to pick between them.

1) FYEO
    2) TLD
    3) AVTAK
    4) OP
    5) LTK