Dark Angel: dark predictions

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited March 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 17,691
Any fans here? I love the show. I just wish it had had one final season to truly wrap it all up.
While I enjoyed the story & characters immensely, what really astounds me is the general setting: Terrorists set off a high altitude nuke over America, frying its electronic database & internet infrastructure sending the world into a depression. Then, during the show's second season, in real life terrorists blow up the World Trade Center in America, precipitating two wars and monetary feeding frenzies sending the world into a depression.
There is even mention in Dark Angel's pilot about a character being an Iraq War vet (not Gulf War). Then the whole domestic armed drone story before drones were even on most military people's radar. Also the encroaching fascism of Dark Angel's world, and in our world a 'war on terror', Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc.
Sadly, Dark Angel prognosticated pretty well, happily, it's not as bad as on the show.

Thoughts or comments?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I remember this show! I watched every episode and was sad when it was canceled. It got me into Jessica Alba for sure. ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have the show on DVD, the first season is pure gold, about half the second season is great too. Nice to be able to skip non-essential second season junk to cut to the meat of the story.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have both series on DVD, but it's been a few years since I watched an episode. Though I do remember thinking that the Chameleon tv films must've given Cameron the idea for Angel, hell, the third film was even called Chameleon 3: Dark Angel, which was released the same year as the series.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2013 Posts: 17,691
    I actually made a list of DA episodes you can skip:
    Series 1:
    #16 Shortie's In Love (not terrible, just unnecessary)
    Series 2:
    # 4 Radar Love
    #5 Boo
    #6 Two
    #7 Gill Girl
    # 7 Medium Is The Message
    #10 Braniac
    # 12 Borrowed Time (The creature & climax are bad, the rest of the episode is very good, coin toss here)
    #14 Love In Vein
    #15 Fuhgeddaboudit
    # 16 Exposure
    # 17 Hello, Goodbye
    # 18 Dawg Day Afternoon (here White proves how evil he is, that's mainly it)
    # 20 Love Among The Runes (useful episode only in that you see the runes appear on Max's skin, otherwise a waste)

I've seen all these SO many times, now I just plough though the really good stuff.