One thing I think we can all agree on...

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
edited March 2013 in Music Posts: 403
The James Bond theme is the greatest theme music in the history of cinema and legitimate contender for one of the best pieces of music EVER. That's just my opinion, but wow, what a sexy, enigmatic, dangerous, simple, and memorable composition!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wouldn't go so far too say it is the best EVER, because there are so many great pieces that it is to the point where there can never be a #1. But yes, the theme is classic, and will be synonymous with cinema history forever. The moment you hear it you instantly know that it is Bond, which can't be said for some other scores.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The James Bond theme is up there with Dr Who & The Prisoner for me as the three most excitingly unique themes ever produced.
    Unless more come to mind after I post this... ;)
    Mission: Impossible makes everything so much more epic. Even just walking down a freaking hallway becomes the baddest-ass thing you do all day. THAT is special.

The Bond theme just doesn't do that for me, but damn is it good in a trailer.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2013 Posts: 8,026
    One thing I will say about the Bond theme is that it's extremely versatile. It works in many forms and can be fitted to many genres of music, while still being identifiable as 'the Bond theme'.

The same can't be said for other classic themes such as Indy, Superman and Star Wars I feel. So yeah, the Bond theme is pretty amazing.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ...which makes me think it was more Barry than Norman. Because one thing the DN score otherwise is not is timeless.
    echo wrote:
    ...which makes me think it was more Barry than Norman. Because one thing the DN score otherwise is not is timeless.
    Norman wrote a basic prototype, Barry arranged it into greatness IMO.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    it's right up there with the themes for Superman, Star Wars and Indiana Jones for me.
  • I think it probably is the best of the lot due to the many different versions.
    The OHMSS version is my favourite.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Mission: Impossible makes everything so much more epic. Even just walking down a freaking hallway becomes the baddest-ass thing you do all day. THAT is special.

Walking down a corridor that may well be the case. But for an action sequence,MI theme just doesn't compete with the Bond wow factor.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Walking down a corridor that may well be the case. But for an action sequence,MI theme just doesn't compete with the Bond wow factor.

To me just the opposite is true. The Bond Theme can be played in a really chilled Way and still spells DANGER IN PROGRESS,while the MI Theme only works full throttle (to me at least...)
    L-) Yes, that.