I just wasted a half hour on Bourne Legacy...

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited February 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 17,691
I tried, I really tried to watch this boring CGI filled mess, and I just couldn't.
Wanna make a CGI cartoon? Avengers was a good one, but IT had a good script & a great director, and it's superhero stuff. A spy movie need some sense of reality, and maybe a good character...
For all the CGI insults in Skyfall, at LEAST I had an emotional investment in the character, Bourne Legacy? Not so much.
How much of the PTS in QOS was CGI? I don't really know because it all happened so fast. But Legacy had all these long-lasting obvious shots that I lost interest. Hey! Maybe a puppet wolf would have worked better than all those pixels, ya think?

Anyone here make it all the way through this one?

Comments

• edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I enjoyed it even though it was nowhere as good as the other 3.

And there's a thread about Legacy buried somewhere. EDIT

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2529/the-bourne-legacy-trailer-2012-second-trailer/p11

Here you go.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I enjoyed it

How????
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    chrisisall wrote:
    I enjoyed it

How????

I thought it was a decent action flick with some good fight scenes and the script wasn't brilliant but I thought the story (essentially a junkie needing his fix) was engaging enough.

Not brilliant by any means and nowhere near the quality of the other three, but also far from unwatchable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, I made it through it. It isn't a piece of garbage, but it doesn't come close to any of the previous three either, and shouldn't have been made in the first place.

@chrisisall, you have gotten through (and thoroughly enjoy) some of cinema's greatest travesties, yet THIS is the film you can't watch even an hour of? Shameful, simply shameful.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 17,691
    Not brilliant by any means and nowhere near the quality of the other three, but also far from unwatchable.
    LOL, I'd rather watch In Like Flint again.
    B-)
    @chrisisall, you have gotten through (and thoroughly enjoy) some of cinema's greatest travesties, yet THIS is the film you can't watch even an hour of? Shameful, simply shameful.
    Give me great or give me terrible, but do not give me mediocre.
  • I've not seen it yet, however given what has been said, I'll await for it to watch on TV rather than spending any money to watch it. Will they be making any more I wonder?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    Give me great or give me terrible, but do not give me mediocre.

That's like saying give me a bandaid or shoot me, but don't punch me. 8-|

Nothing of the sort! It's like saying make me laugh from the absurdity, or rivet me with excellence, but don't BORE me.
    chrisisall wrote:

Nothing of the sort! It's like saying make me laugh from the absurdity, or rivet me with excellence, but don't BORE me.

Why couldn't you just say that? It still doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.
    It still doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.
    What if I shoot you, then give you a bandaid?
    :))
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    It still doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.
    What if I shoot you, then give you a bandaid?
    :))
    The joke is on you, because I'll be on a bloody speeding train! Fingers crossed your aim is even worse than Moneypenny's so that you barely hit me or just graze me. But as for the bandaid, I'll take one with purple dinosaurs on it and a sucker for good behavior after I return from my three day retirement of hard drinking and pill popping.
    Okay Brady, you're cracking me up here! :))