A thread which title can't be in the title. [Spoilers]

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited February 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 2,635
The title would be so obviously spoilered. And it is, Will you miss M?

I've just watched Skyfall (Before someone insults me, I said and i'll say again, i'll buy the DVD on the release) And my opinion is: The movie is itself great, Sam Mendes really made a great, an awesome job. Skyfall deserves it's billion. So very well filmed, i laughed and chuckled in many parts with the jokes Bond dropped; i've got impressed with all of the Bond Moves, impressed with Craig's performance...
But, mainly, got impressed with the ending and i even was very touched. Firstly, before i get into the point, i'd like to say a few things.

My heart had beaten up faster at 3 times at the film and i never had feelings like that before in a Bond film, but mainly would it be because i unfortunately knew the main spoilers of the film which made me very angry and sad, however it run so much different than what i thought. My heart beaten up because, i never wanted those things to happen.
My heart beaten up faster firstly, When Bond got shot in the beggining. A very tense scene, but i knew that he wouldn't die as i saw that in the trailer. I actually got a fright.
Secondly, when Silva shot Séverine. I actually took a sudden fright, and I thought "Damn you, Bérénice! Couldn't you survive? You would be my favourite Bond Girl! :("
Tirdly, when M almost got shot by Silva at the court. I pulled myself back together when i saw that she was good, and Mallory took the shot. But i got a fright again, anyway.
But, at the last, i didn't had a fright. I had a tear. Rolling through my face. I had a tear when i saw M dying at Bond's arms, and when i remembered Bond crying while i was typing this text, I almost cried again too, Because it's difficult to understand and realize that the woman which you grew up with in the Bond franchise (i firstly known her as M), is now dead and they will get again a new M, which will be Mallory now. It will be difficult for me to understand that Bond 24 won't be with Judi again. I'll surely miss her. Would you people also miss her?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, seeing Bond begin to cry and kiss M's forehead emotionally wrecks me. I love Judi and will seriously miss her, but I don't think any of us will even begin to understand just how much until Bond 24 comes and we will feel that there is something missing. It won't be long before we realize that it is the absence of Dame Judi Dench. She brought a high calibre class to the role in every way, the perfect nurturer to Dan's Bond. We got to see her play the greatest M performances in his era where they had the most meaningful relationship of any Bond/M relationship ever, where they went beyond the desk briefings and had a more intimate and caring relationship. In many ways CR, QoS and Skyfall is The M Trilogy.

We love you and will miss your magic touch on this series, Dame Judi. Thanks for everything. @};-
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Beautiful Words, Brady. It's just like that how i feel. Bond and M since CR had a great relationship, like son and mother. Just as he said to Camille in QoS, -"Is she your mother?" - "She likes to think she is." I think that this quote would be great to define what they were on these last 3 films. Like you said, we won't know how missing M will be until Bond 24 comes out. Many people may think that Judi Dench was just there "because Barbara wanted a female M to command it", but i feel that it's so much more than that. I think that Judi brought a new era for Bond, since her first film she was great. It'll be a big pain for me to accept that she won't be in the next film.

But, maybe she opted to get out because of her eye problems?
    Oh damn... pass me the box of tissues...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Here>
    *blows nose*
    ta...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 23,544
    Demonstrating the meaning of 'spam', are we? ;)

Okay folks, knock it off. Either we talk shop or we don't talk and this thread goes down. :-)
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    yeah, I'll miss M!

That made Skyfall even worse for me when she died lol
    Oh for goodness' sakes... Sorry then. To put it another way: the posts above got me a bit emotional, I hadn't really thought ahead how it'll be her not being there the next time, and yes, I'll miss her. Better?
    Tuulia wrote:
    Oh for goodness' sakes... Sorry then. To put it another way: the posts above got me a bit emotional, I hadn't really thought ahead how it'll be her not being there the next time, and yes, I'll miss her. Better?

I do agree that the moderation here could be a tad lighter :)

Having said that, I have no idea what the moderation is like on my own forum as I'm a lazy bugger and don't spend enough time modding my mods lol ^^
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hoppimike wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Having said that, I have no idea what the moderation is like on my own forum as I'm a lazy bugger and don't spend enough time modding my mods lol ^^

A summarization of society and government in a nutshell.
    hoppimike wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

A summarization of society and government in a nutshell.

haha possibly true :)

I choose friendly ones though!
  • I'm curious to know where the name "Skyfall" for the Bond mansion came from. My hypothesis is that it was influenced by John Buchan's novel "The Island of Sheep" where there is a mansion named "Sea Fell." It is set in the same landscape as the Skyfall house, and it also hosted the final battle between secret agent and villain.
  • Hmm, in the film when you see the mist on the hills during Bond and M's roadside conversation I thought "Skyfall" referenced the mists - looking like the clouds have come down to the ground. But as for the inspiration for the name itself I have no clue.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Robert Wade was typing up names at two in the morning and one of them was Skyfall. He liked it and it stuck as the title. That's all there is to it.
  • Ah, perhaps Samuel is referring to the interview in http://www.empireonline.com/features/purvis-and-wade-on-skyfall/p1. Strange coincidence. Skyfall and Sea Fell are both mansions on a bleak moor, with escape tunnels. In both cases the secret agent is guarding someone who is sought by the villain. In both cases the home is the setting for the big final confrontation.
  • I thought that article was interesting... particularly the bit about M being killed in an early draft of QOS. Makes me want to read that one!