Blofeld back? Why?

edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
I see so many comments on Ernst Stavro Blofeld. So many seem to pine for this beloved villain but I for one am content never to see Blofeld or SPECTRE in any of the Craig films.

McClory or his estate still claims ownership of the character. Even down to the friggin white cat. The last we saw of Ernst in DAF (I do not count that caricature in FYEO) he was killed off and never heard from again. As for that scene in FYEO, it ended with a typical Moore joke and the whole scene was there to poke fun at an old Bond staple. (and tell McClory to go piss up a rope).
Also thanks to Austin Powers the Blofeld character is so easily parodied. The times have changed from the late Sixties when Bond tangled with this over the top criminal organization with the eglomaniacal leader. That spawned all the imitators of the day.

Audiences are more sophisticated and who needs Blofeld? I do not find the character relevant in today's world. We still have Mr. White and Quantum out there.
If they wanted to they could have used him in DAD , that cartoonist trainwreck. That would have been a trubute to Bond's first forty years. Please!

I hope they have retired Blofeld and that old tired formula dating back to the late sixties. To reintroduce this in the 21st century would be a return to the tired Brosnan era, Bond by the numbers horseshytt.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.