There's something about that The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)!

123457»

Comments

The first part of the film is a half-decent B-movie.
    The second part, although it had some good scenes, is the closest we got to Carry On Bond before DAD.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,469
    Currently in the middle of TMWTGG right now, watching the DVD of it that I just bought...never owned it before in any form. One thing that grabbed me was Maurice Binder's opening credits...well done in this film I thought, partly with the way the titles dissolve and reappear in "wavy" forms like in water. Christopher Lee seemed to me a formidable opponent, at the height of his game--though that can be debated, as I thought he was outstanding as Saruman in the LOTR films (and enjoyed him as Rochefort in The Three Musketeers from 1973). And the focus on marksmanship, guns, and the aspect of the duel. Maud Adams turned me on too--I thought she and Moore had good chemistry.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2016 Posts: 16,322
    vzok wrote: »
    If an actor had been a success in CR67, I wonder if EON would have turned to them to take over from Connery?

I would very much doubt it as that would have given unwanted retrospective legitimacy to a bastardised (and unofficial non-Eon) film version of James Bond.

Wow--maybe you knew, but I was just watching the last part of Kung Fu Hustle on TV, and it turns out the woman who plays The Landlady, Yuen Qiu, was in TMWTGG--she played one of the two "girls" who rescue Bond, Hip's niece Nara. A news story also says that, in 2005, Qiu "was arrested in an underground mahjong parlor and fined for illegal gambling". The AP reported that she was arrested "along with 10 other women and two men".
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Wow--maybe you knew, but I was just watching the last part of Kung Fu Hustle on TV, and it turns out the woman who plays The Landlady, Yuen Qiu, was in TMWTGG--she played one of the two "girls" who rescue Bond, Hip's niece Nara. A news story also says that, in 2005, Qiu "was arrested in an underground mahjong parlor and fined for illegal gambling". The AP reported that she was arrested "along with 10 other women and two men".

No, @Thrasos, I didn't know that. Fascinating. :)