The trials of cohabiting with a non Bond fan

2»

Comments

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    My wife doesn't love Bond as I do, but she enjoys Craig as an actor. She claims the other are way too fantastical, though she does like the "softer ones". I'm assuming that means the likes Moore and Brosnan.
    It's some five years on from my previous post in this thread, and I'm happy to report that Mrs. CraterGuns has definitely warmed to Bond-dom in the interim. She absolutely loved SKYFALL and enjoyed SPECTRE nearly as much!

(Her least favorite Bonds: Lazenby, Moore and Brosnan.)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Really good to see this thread after so many years. I remember it well. :)

Nothing to add to my original comments. I do have a son who regularly watches them with me now though, so the family tradition is safe.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    It's some five years on from my previous post in this thread, and I'm happy to report that Mrs. CraterGuns has definitely warmed to Bond-dom in the interim. She absolutely loved SKYFALL and enjoyed SPECTRE nearly as much!

(Her least favorite Bonds: Lazenby, Moore and Brosnan.)

I definitely think Women prefer the Craig films. I think because they are less 'fantastical' than a lot of the others.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm in luck with my wife!
    She is a Trekkie like I.
    She's into Batman as well.
    She is a big Bond fan.

Her favourites are Brosnan and Craig and Dalton.

Her favourites are:
    Chronologically:
    TLD
    LTK
    GE
    DAD
    CR
    SF
    SP

from the older ones she loves OP OHMSS FYEO TB
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I converted my ex wife while we were married and I am raising my kids appropriately as Bond fans.

My ex's first Bond film was DAD which she enjoyed and her second was CR.

Growing up in the 80's I had a group of friends who claimed they weren't and that I was the biggest nerd ever but they somehow burst into the Bond theme when we were boating in Louisiana one day.

Go figure.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,799
    James Bond Conversion - it's a hard job but I guess someone has to do it! :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    James Bond Conversion - it's a hard job but I guess someone has to do it! :)

Easy if it's a woman. On the risk of sounding like a chauvinist, but just show any woman Craig in those blue swim trunks, the dying scene with M, Brosnan's PTS in TND and TWINE and some scenes with Vesper and Bond, and she'll think Bond is the greatest thing since Grey's Anatomy :))
    As I posted above I'm in luck with my wife.

Lately she notices that I'm a bit more obsessed with Bond than before. I never watched more Bond movies than in 2015 (2 1/2 Bondathons and multiple viewings of Spectre) and all those new steelbooks...

She doesn't mind though, she has her own obsessions.
    Like the Twilight series.

Guess what she's watching right now ;) while I'm at the MacAirBook...

Lately she watches them once a month.
    I asked her before, if she doesn't want to watch something else (not that we wouldn't have enough to choose from...)
    but her answer: you know I just feel like some romantic vampire/werewolf triangle and seeing Jacob topless in every other scene helps as well...

I took off my shirt and showed her my abs, but I guess Taylor Lautner's are better :)) or at least younger ;)

I really should watch Barb Wire now...

...but I'm a nice boy and will watch JAWS 2
    So when you say Jaws 2, you really mean Moonraker, right?
    vzok wrote: »

Ok that's the funniest thing I've read in a while! Still laughing while typing this... :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    vzok wrote: »
    Inspired, sir.
    =))
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I have to ask having just noticed this thread was Saunders taking the piss?

I really do hope so, have you not read what he posted? I wonder if he is still married, hopefully the poor woman saw sense and cut the prat loose if he was being serious.

I do hope some of you were humouring him, the line about him being cut short on talking to his wife about Bond but it was a different case when she wittered on about her mother being rushed to hospital, seriously this was a joke wasn't it? please tell me so.

My Wife tolerates my love of Bond and quite enjoys the new films but hasn't much time for some of the older ones, I'm not really bothered by this, I certainly don't need her to care for us to co habit, we share similar music taste and like a lot of the same films but Bond she doesn't see it the way I do and I wouldn't expect her to.

It's probably a moot point saying this on a Bond fan forum but there is more to life than Bond and having a loving relationship with your partner or Wife should be far more a priority.

Bond just isn't for everyone.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    oh well, that was always a breaking point, I watch Bond a lot, my now ex-wife did not.
    I work a lot and do not have lot of time for tv. So one Bond film each week was certain to happen. My wife would read book then and complain sometimes.

Like Craig says: The job's done and the bitch is dead.
    Translated in my case: The marriage is done and the bitch is gone.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    OUCH!
  • NSGWNSGW London
    This thread is amazing
    My missus does not mind my enjoyment of 007 movies or books.

I have got two teenage daughters and trust me they are far more condemning towards the movies. But they both prefer Connery, Moore & Brosnan and accept OHMSS as the one dad really likes. But they let me know that a next Craig 007 family movie outing will not happen as they both thought that the last three movies were just "boring".