Fleming (TV Mini-Series 2014)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks pretty good. I can't wait to see it.
  • Can.not.wait.for.this!!!

What's the betting it'll be better than Spymaker? ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've been interested for a very long while now, and I love that they'll be running it on BBC America.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    edited December 2013 Posts: 893
    Lara Pulver weighing on on Ian Fleming: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2526458/Lara-Pulver-Bond-woman-ser-Flem-ng-brute.html

article-0-1A33E04D00000578-183_306x423.jpg

Director Matt Whitecross on the series:
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    New photos from the first episodes of “Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond”.

http://jamesbondbrasil.com/fleming-galeria-de-imagens
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Still no UK air date for this. Poor showing by Sky.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited January 2014 Posts: 292
    Did you know more men have played Ian Fleming onscreen than James Bond 007?

Catching FLEMING - Sky Atlantic & BBC America's Bond genesis drama reviewed.

http://markoconnell.co.uk/?p=1146
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Did you know more men have played Ian Fleming onscreen than James Bond 007?

Catching FLEMING - Sky Atlantic & BBC America's Bond genesis drama reviewed.

http://markoconnell.co.uk/?p=1146

I read your review and it sounds better than I thought!
    I'll reserve my judgment when I see the tv series here but from the trailer and promo it looks like a cheap way to make a Bond miniseries. Cooper does not look like Fleming, and he seems to be playing a youthful Bond, not his writer. In biopics of artists and creators, what is of interest is the creative process. I see none in this.
    There's a new Fleming mini-doc on BBC America YouTube channel, but it's available only for US residents. Can someone reupload this to us? Many thanks in advance.

Here's the link:

Anyone?
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    You didn't miss much @marketto007

It's only a minute of the cast banging on about how good Cooper is, but imo he's terribly cast. I'm a fan of Samuel West and Lara Pulver who are much better cast and probably worth watching just for them.

Charles Dance all the way for me!

463eb719d49c2573fe747dff26883b2d.jpg?w=670
    I haven't seen Charles Dance's Fleming, I always pictured Dance as M for some reason. I really enjoyed Bondmaker, which was like biopics of writers should be: about the creative process.
    Behind the scenes photos and video from "Fleming", which premieres tonight at BBC America.

http://jbbr.co/FlemingBTS
    It starts tonight in the US and on BBC America (Puzzled as to why it's not shown in the UK first i.e. Sky Atlantic) Anyway Looking forward to it. UK dates I think nearing the end of Feb sadly!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A great interview here and this gives insight into how this team saw things:

http://collider.com/mat-whitecross-douglas-rae-fleming-the-man-who-would-be-bond-interview
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I like Domenic Cooper's casting. Fleming was a dashing young ladies man in his prime. We tend to only have photos of Fleming in his post-war middle age years. We don't seem to have much to work with regarding Flemings skirt chasing youth.
    Cooper gets the job done in this respect I think. He's a strong actor. I'm sure he will manage to find and interpret a Fleming persona, compatible with what us Bondphiles have only glimpsed in rare interviews, and very limited footage.

Anyone know who is carrying this series in Canada? Got to figure out which Canadian carrier has programming deals with BBC America maybe?

@samuel. That's an interesting piece linked above. I like their approach to the material.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    First episode was pretty good. Can't wait to see the rest. :)
  • Well, it premiered here last night...and...IT WAS GREAT!...much better than SKYFail...I love period pieces anyway, especially WWII because my dad was in it...anyway, that Annabelle Wallis should be in Bond 24...are you listening to me, EON?
    Seeing as its on Sky? I guess I will have to get the Dvd if it is released? Very curious to see this series! :bz
    I've been touting Cooper as a future Bond for a while. Not sure whether this will work for him or against him.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Getafix wrote:
    I've been touting Cooper as a future Bond for a while. Not sure whether this will work for him or against him.

Nah, he's too cute :P
    Sandy wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Nah, he's too cute :P

I'm sure he's working on wrecking his boyish good looks, as all young actors do. Lots of drinking, womanising and smoking. By the time DC steps down he might look just the part.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Just for curiosity...
    What kind of broadcasting had this Wednesday? Pay per view? It looks that nobody is talking about it... :(
    Think it was on Sky, which probably means it was pretty poor and no one watched it.
  • Getafix wrote:
    Think it was on Sky, which probably means it was pretty poor and no one watched it.

Really? Sky production budgets are much bigger than any BBC production. I imagine its actually rather lavish. Lord knows the marketing campaign has been omnipresent, at least in London.
    Getafix wrote:

I´m ignorant on that. Why no one watched it on Sky?
    @ggl007 Because it premieres only on February 12 in SKY Atlatnic. :)
    @ggl007 Because it premieres only on February 12 in SKY Atlatnic. :)
    And one is free and the other not? I guess...