The most average Bond movie?

edited January 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 14,817
What is, in your opinion, and why, the most average Bond movie so far? The one that is neither good nor bad, or the one that has as many flaws as it has good points.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Two spring to mind: YOLT & FYEO. Not very serious, not TOO OTT silly, simple plots, they just scream "OK" to me.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 414
    That sounds exactly like how I'd describe Tomorrow Never Dies. I can't help thinking of it as a "bonus mission" for Bond. He did the job right, but the caliber of thugs and the strenght of the plot he was up against were below his usual standard. Goldfinger and Dr. No would probably snicker at Elliot Carver if they were to get together and compare schemes. Not a bad movie, though. Still a fun romp. But just a romp.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 553
    Tomorrow Never Dies always strikes me as the most paint by number - the formula, little more or less.

It is pretty much in the middle of my rankings too.
    Most of Moore's Bond film's are average at best. His take on Bond has its fans but he never convinced me he was a dagerous secret agent but rather a sleazy older gentleman with a few too many drinks in him.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited January 2013 Posts: 2,044
    MrBond wrote:

My mistake. I haven't been here long enough.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Ludovico wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

My mistake. I haven't been here long enough.

No probs :)>-
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Man With the Golden Gun. I watch it and I root for Scaramanga. It's just bland and meh. Glad TSWLM came around to refresh the series in 1977.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    FYEO. LALD. LTK.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you, gentlemen for settling affairs so quickly and in so gentle a fashion. Too bad for the two poor sould who still posted after the link was brought up. But, by all means folks, post away in the original thread!

Closed!
This discussion has been closed.