Jurassic Park Series (1993 - present)

Comments

• Despite not caring for the last two films, I've got high expectations for this film. All I've heard is Trevorrow has got this fantastic idea for the third film, so it does at least have me intrigued. The title also helps with my excitement!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Despite not caring for the last two films, I've got high expectations for this film.

I don't have high expectations, in fact my expectations are extremely low, but the return of some of the original characters does interest me quite a bit.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Despite not caring for the last two films, I've got high expectations for this film. All I've heard is Trevorrow has got this fantastic idea for the third film, so it does at least have me intrigued. The title also helps with my excitement!

I think it'd be cool if they went Planet of the Apes with it and the entire planet was The Lost World.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,767
    I enjoyed the last one quite a bit, and I think a return to Trevorrow is not very promising, especially after that short film he delivered. And as much as I love Goldblum, Dern and Neall, casting all three of them reeks of lack of confidence.

Despite not caring for the last two films, I've got high expectations for this film. All I've heard is Trevorrow has got this fantastic idea for the third film, so it does at least have me intrigued. The title also helps with my excitement!

I think it'd be cool if they went Planet of the Apes with it and the entire planet was The Lost World.
    Those few dinos which escaped at the end of the last film would have to procreate hastily for that to happen. If there were that many couples that is.
    I still don´t have the slightest idea how they intend to get around the idea of the army simply shooting the dinos with heavy weapons. Oh wait! I correct myself, this offers the perfect ground for an all-out world war scenario. All kinds of countries sending black ops teams into America, with the goal of capturing the dinos! Ok, I´m in!
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,767

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I enjoyed the last one quite a bit, and I think a return to Trevorrow is not very promising, especially after that short film he delivered. And as much as I love Goldblum, Dern and Neall, casting all three of them reeks of lack of confidence.

Those few dinos which escaped at the end of the last film would have to procreate hastily for that to happen. If there were that many couples that is.
    I still don´t have the slightest idea how they intend to get around the idea of the army simply shooting the dinos with heavy weapons. Oh wait! I correct myself, this offers the perfect ground for an all-out world war scenario. All kinds of countries sending black ops teams into America, with the goal of capturing the dinos! Ok, I´m in!

Lol, good point... I forgot about the small detail of "returning characters". No chance this is set several years after FK.
  • 2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Despite not caring for the last two films, I've got high expectations for this film.

I don't have high expectations, in fact my expectations are extremely low, but the return of some of the original characters does interest me quite a bit.
    I think I exaggerated a little bit. I wouldn't say my expectations are "high", I am intrigued to see what they do as I think it has a lot of potential.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,980
    I enjoy Jurassic World very much while Fallen Kingdom didn’t really connect. I’m a fan of dinosaurs movies so I’m excited for the next one.

Ray Harryhausen once said that his Valley of Gwangi was a period piece because, in part, modern weaponry made defeating the dinosaurs too easy. I do wonder what the approach will be here.
    I would be a good chance to make some kind of soft horror element out of the clone girl. And combine that with various parties trying to obtain live dinosaurs. The different parties can even have different motivations.
    I think if the film will be about trying to kill the dinosaurs it can only fail.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The first set-photo of Jurassic World: Dominion reveals the very first snowy setting of the Jurassic Park franchise:

EV9-BX-LXk-AEr0f-R.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    $10 says we get the T-rex in the snow.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sam Neill has confirmed that he, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will have major roles in Jurassic World: Dominion.
    Sam Neill has confirmed that he, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will have major roles in Jurassic World: Dominion.

interesting
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Did we not already know that?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    mtm wrote: »

They were confirmed to appear in the film, but the level of their involvement was unclear until now - no doubt because of Goldblum's heavily advertised role in Fallen Kingdom that amounted to a glorified cameo.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

They were confirmed to appear in the film, but the level of their involvement was unclear until now - no doubt because of Goldblum's heavily advertised role in Fallen Kingdom that amounted to a glorified cameo.

Ah okay, I thought I remembered that it had already been said that they were in it properly.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Ah okay, I thought I remembered that it had already been said that they were in it properly.

Same, I read an article about that back in September
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    For those who’ve never read Crichton’s original book... do yourself a favor and make it a summer read. It’s awesome. As much as I love the original movie, the book is better and makes you wish for a closer adaptation.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    For those who’ve never read Crichton’s original book... do yourself a favor and make it a summer read. It’s awesome. As much as I love the original movie, the book is better and makes you wish for a closer adaptation.

This is where TV often excels; a limited series can take the time to do a closer adaptation rather than distilling it down for a theatrical release.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I feel like the book and the movie are at the same time better than the other depending on how you view them. The book is especially amazing as a science fiction novel, there are so many things to learn about genetics, chaos theory, paleontology and IT. The movie, however, is better as an adventure novel since the characters are much more interesting and likable than they are in the book.

Still, I'd love to see a closer adaptation some day.
    But the book has the whole river adventure which goes on for quite a while which for me makes it a superior adventure to the movie.. plus the raptors chase I think is better in the book. I don’t find any of the characters unlikeable... save for Hammond/Attenborough but I think he’s more believable/better in book too. Spielberg definitely makes it more kids centric which is a choice that’s not really needed imo
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2020 Posts: 14,951
    Sam Neill has tweeted a photo of his Dr. Grant hat, not sure if that means they're filming or what.

I hope it’s true and the old guard get a lot of screen time and action stuff too... they need to fix Goldblum too because he was stately in Fallen Kingdom and that’s not the character
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    I hope it’s true and the old guard get a lot of screen time and action stuff too... they need to fix Goldblum too because he was stately in Fallen Kingdom and that’s not the character

I dunno. Even though his entire role could have been deleted, he was basically saying "We let the genie out of the bottle and now we can't get him back in, we need to live with these consequences" which was what he'd been saying since the first film.
    Yes but I wasn’t referring to his msg, it was his personality

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Here's a good photo:

And everyone in the US seeing that: do what they say!
    Sam Neill has tweeted a photo of his Dr. Grant hat, not sure if that means they're filming or what.

Absolutely love this! :-bd
    Here's a good photo:

And everyone in the US seeing that: do what they say!

Fab photo! :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,951
    There have been a few videos of Neill and Goldblum doing bizarre things together! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's a fun concept (this is official by the way)

EjrTguwVcAArMqF?format=jpg&name=medium
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also remarkable :D