What is your favorite television sitcom ?

edited January 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 47
which sitcom do you like the best counting one camera sitcoms too.
I like the best big bang theory coles second is how i meet your mother.

Comments

• Community and Arrested Development. Easily.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Two and a Half Men is a great show. not for Kids, it's definitely an Adult show.

I'm a big fan of Seinfeld,How I meet your mother, Family Guy, King of Queens and ofcourse Community.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Two And A Half Men.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The best of the best, and always will be for me. Every episode until the end of the series was side splitting hilarity, and you always learned an important lesson along the way.
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The best of the best, and always will be for me. Every episode until the end of the series was side splitting hilarity, and you always learned an important lesson along the way.

Yeah I forgot Fresh Prince of Bel-Air such a aweseme show.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well, i love How I Met Your Mother. Much because i can relate to the caracthers quite a lot. But i also like The Big Bang Theory a lot too!
    Although it has been a long time since an episode has been made here in the UK? I would have to go with "Only fools and horses!" Classic show! =))
    Seinfeld. Each episode is a classic. Also How I Met Your Mother is fantastic

And are we counting one camera sitcoms? If so then

Scrubs, The Office, 30 Rock
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

You've made me remember it! Another classic.

Also, along with Two And A Half Men: Fresh Prince, and My Wife & Kids.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    The Inbetweeners (2nd series is the best) and Only Fools (up until the late 90s).

Father Ted was pretty funny too and IT Crowd was alright.
    I also remember out of two other great sitcoms. Full House and Different Strokes.
    For me the best sitcom is Only Fools and Horses. There are sitcoms such as the Inbetweeners that are brilliant and make me laugh out loud more, but OFAH as an all round package will take some beating for me personally. From the other side of the pond, I do have a big soft spot for Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier!
  • Two And Half Men. (When Charlie Sheen was on the show)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    M*A*S*H 4077 if it's considered a Sitcom. Wonderful show. :)
    OFAH without a doubt, I watch it sparingly so I don't get too familiar with the humour and it doesn't become predictable but when I do i Laugh my ass off.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ohh... I've got plenty. M*A*S*H, Two and a Half Men (The Sheen Years), Anger Management, Last Man Standing, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Home Improvement. Those are all great shows, though Two and a Half Men is now a worthless piece of crap, since Charlie Sheen's gone (Ashton Kutcher can't act).
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2013 Posts: 4,043
    Fawlty Towers, 2 series of utter gold, too many series go on for too long, UK telly might not be as consistent as it could be but some of the U.S series should know when to quit.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Shardlake wrote:
    Fawlty Towers, 2 series of utter gold, too many series go on for too long, UK telly might not be as consistent as it could be but some of the U.S series should know when to quit.

Finally someone who knows what he's talking about. I'm keeping out of this thread it's bad for my blood pressure.
  • Really, nobody is going to mention it? Alright, I will...... F*R*I*E*N*D*S

Just one of the funniest sitcoms ever.

I also like HIMYM and Family Guy.
  • That 70s Show and F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I'd mention HIMYM, but I still need to watch more seasons.
  • Coupling, no contest. Dirty humour and high-brow wordplay mixing in a surprisingly well way, inventive plotting, a developing narrative, and characters that, in addition to being extremely funny, you grow to truly care about (especially from series 2 onward). Pretty much everything that Steven Moffat touches turns to gold.

I also recently watched (the real, as in UK version of) The Inbetweeners. It doesn't hold its quality up to the end, but is stunningly hilarious and also one of the most honest depictions of the way that teenage boys are friends with each other. It may not be the best show but it really hit home for me.
    Ohh... I've got plenty. M*A*S*H, Two and a Half Men (The Sheen Years), Anger Management, Last Man Standing, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Home Improvement. Those are all great shows, though Two and a Half Men is now a worthless piece of crap, since Charlie Sheen's gone (Ashton Kutcher can't act).

Actualy Ashton is a great actor. But, TAAHM is not his place.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Everybody Loves Raymond is another that still holds up.
  • The Big Bang theory
  • Am I seriously the only one who like Arrested Development? I've just always preferred comedies without a laugh track.
    Am I seriously the only one who like Arrested Development? I've just always preferred comedies without a laugh track.
    Same here. I find it annoying, as if I am being told when to laugh.
  • Am I seriously the only one who like Arrested Development? I've just always preferred comedies without a laugh track.
    Same here. I find it annoying, as if I am being told when to laugh.

I watched a clip somewhere of Big Bang Theory without the laugh there. By god it was awful.

the laugh tracks are somewhat of a "help" to the joke... it's strange if it doesn't has one, if it is a sitcom. Audience feelings.

Everybody Hates Chris ain't a sitcom and don't has laugh tracks, so it is an exception.
    Laugh tracks are quite compelling. I sometimes find myself laughing only because the laugh track is going, as if it is contagious and the actual comedy itself isn't what is getting me to laugh.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    the laugh tracks are somewhat of a "help" to the joke... it's strange if it doesn't has one, if it is a sitcom. Audience feelings.

Everybody Hates Chris ain't a sitcom and don't has laugh tracks, so it is an exception.

I don't think you understand what a sitcom is. This is taken from wikipedia, but it's still correct.

"A situation comedy, often shortened to sitcom, is a genre of comedy that features characters sharing the same common environment, such as a home or workplace, accompanied with jokes as part of the dialogue. Such programs originated in radio, but today, sitcoms are found mostly on television as one of its dominant narrative forms.
    As opposed to stand up comedy and sketch comedy, a situation comedy has a storyline and ongoing characters in, essentially, a comedic drama. The situation is usually that of a family, workplace, or a group of friends through comedic sequences."

I'd say Everybody Hates Chris fits with that. A sitcom has nothing to do with it having a laughtrack or not, that's just a lazy way to mind control people into thinking it's funny when it's most likely not. The only sitcom with an audience I actually like is Seinfeld.