Best Bond Girl Tournament (Your Champion: Tracy Bond)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Natalya, because she sist on it, but doesn't take it with her.
    Tracy, because to her at least there's more than bones.
    Natalya vs Elektra
    Camille vs Tracy
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Natalya
    Tracy
    Natalya vs Elektra
    Camille vs Tracy
    wow it looks like Camille will be the first girl that will leave voteless
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Elektra and Tracy
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    wow it looks like Camille will be the first girl that will leave voteless
    no, she has 3 votes already
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Natalya vs Elektra
    Camille vs Tracy
    Elektra and Tracy
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 423
    Natalya and Tracy. I'd be seriously pissed off if those two were pitted against each other :P
    Elektra
    Tracy
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Yup, got to be Natalya and Tracy for me too...
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Time to close out the second round.

In the Pierce Brosnan Salute to the 90s match, Natalya didn't need my help this time. Natalya hacked away at Elektra and sent TWINE packing with an 11-7 victory. GoldenEye remains undefeated in the tournament.

In the last second matchup. Tracy destroyed Camille by a 16-2 count. Olga was so upset by the lopsided loss that she gorged on TWO olives.

All of the women from the Daniel Craig Era have been eliminated. Hopefully Dan doesn't go nuts over this.

We're going to take a break from the tournament and resume Sunday evening Pacific Time. Feel free to discuss anything about the tournament thus far. Matchups, who you expected to see advance but didn't, who you didn't expect to see in the 3rd round, etc.

Here is a list of the Sweet 16 in appearance order. Again, the matchups will be determined at random.

Honey Rider (DN)
    Sylvia Trench (DN-FRWL)
    Tatiana Romanov (FRWL)
    Fiona Volpe (TB)
    Domino Durvall (TB)
    Tracy Bond (OHMSS)
    Plenty O'Toole (DAF)
    Solitaire (LALD)
    Mary Goodnight (TMWTGG)
    Anya Amasova (TSWLM)
    Corrine Dufour (MR)
    Magda (OP)
    Octopussy (OP)
    Pam Bouvier (LTK)
    Xenia Onatopp (GE)
    Natalya Simonova (GE)

Connery Women: 6
    Lazenby Women: 1
    Moore Women: 6
    Dalton Women: 1
    Brosnan Women: 2
    Craig Women: 0
    Honey- Of Corse
    Sylvia- Yes
    Tatiania- Cool
    Fiona- Meh
    Dominio- All Right
    Tracy- YES!!!!
    Plenty- Okay
    Solitaire- Right
    Goodnight- WHAT THE......
    XXX- yep
    Corrine- HOW THE.....
    Magda- Meh
    Octopussy- Good
    Pam- WHY THE....
    Xenia- right
    Natalya- Who The :):):):) voted for her

Wheres Vesper and Paris
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Honey is the best Bond Girl ever!
    edited June 2011 Posts: 23,559
    Honey- Of Corse
    Was she part of the Unione Corse? :-?

Nah, Honey's one of the greatest. Stunningly beautiful and ever so sweet.
    Sylvia- Yes
    Here's my first 'meh'.
    Tatiania- Cool
    Such a classy lady!
    Fiona- Meh
    Not 'meh', sir. I defy your 'meh'! :P Fiona's a fox.
    Dominio- All Right
    You have to give it to the French, they produce some fine ladies.
    Tracy- YES!!!!
    Feisty this one. I can see her make the top list.
    Plenty- Okay
    Second 'meh' from me. She's got plenty of tool, but that's about it. Wish I had seen more of her in the film and I don't mean it like that. ;;)
    Solitaire- Right
    She's my winner. The perfect girl in my book.
    Goodnight- WHAT THE......
    I agree. Okay if people have a thing for the blondes but Goodnight...? Seriously? She's not that good looking IMO and more to the point, she's the dumbed down version of one of Fleming's underestimated characters.
    XXX- yep
    Someone call Area 51!
    Corrine- HOW THE.....
    No sir, not HOW THE...! :P France's hottie number two. Lovely girl, cute like heaven (or gold... get it? ;;) )
    Magda- Meh
    Yes, my third 'meh' too. Guess she got lucky so far.
    Octopussy- Good
    A woman who commands respect. Excellent choice.
    Pam- WHY THE....
    Why? The legs, sir, that's why. Guys like us dig the legs.
    Xenia- right
    ... or left, doesn't matter. Her squeeze is like being killed in the most sexually arousing fashion. Bring it on, Xenia! :P
    Natalya- Who The :):):):) voted for her
    Uhm... I know I did, plus a couple of other dudes here. Seriously, she's gorgeous.
    Wheres Vesper and Paris
    Vesper's too bad, I agree. Paris, however,... she'll need to find a bed somewhere else.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's nice to see a Dalton Girl get through, though not the i'd have rathered.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    It's nice to see a Dalton Girl get through, though not the i'd have rathered.
    I feel your pain, Major. We got the one I least wanted. However, I'm glad to see the underappreciated Swedes Goodnight and Magda get so far.
    Connery Women: 6
    Moore Women: 6
    There is something to be said in favor of the classic Bond girls of the 1960s through the early 1980s.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm looking forward to this continuing. Domino Durvall for the win! ;-)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    About time to show those mediocre girls, the Sylvia's and the Plenty's, along with the freak, the outhouse ;)
    on what do you base your votes? on their character in the bond movie or their appereance as female? if it is the second one i dont see why denise richards got all this hate but if it is the first one i am joining the bandwagon ;)
    too bad there isnt TWINE girls Elektra should be here but ok
    there are some really good choices and i think there are some bigger favourites than the others.
    My prediction:Tracy will win.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited June 2011 Posts: 3,262
    on what do you base your votes? on their character in the bond movie or their appereance as female?
    Either or both. Depends on the girl. Also, a lot depends on my opinion of who she's competing against in the particular round and if I chose to give a sympathy vote to a girl I like but know doesn't hold a chance.

Volpe(who combines both a well-written and performed character and a stunning physical appearance) is my favorite of the remaining contenders.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,986
    on what do you base your votes? on their character in the bond movie or their appereance as female?
    I suppose it depends on the individual. To me, best Bond girl means the Girl as a whole, meaning appearance, and character. I'd rather separate games into "best looking Bond girl" and "Best Bond girl character", and even "Best Bond girl performance" but that would be a lot of different games about Bond girls ;) So I can understand that some vote purely based on looks.

What the heck, I'll weigh in.

The two that I thought would still be here were Vesper and Kara. Vesper held her own in a very tough draw and I thought for sure Kara would beat Pam when those two names came up.

Didn't think Goodnight, XXX or Magda would still be around.
    on what do you base your votes?
    I go by the quite Technical character and ACTING

THATS WHY I"M SO HGYVUY THAT GOODNIGHTS STILL IN!!!!

• LudsLuds MIA

THATS WHY I"M SO HGYVUY THAT GOODNIGHTS STILL IN!!!!

Midnight was a dimwitted sweetish character, Eklund portrayed that perfectly! She should get praises for her performance. If you have a beef, it must be the character itself ;)

If you're about acting, vote off Bach !
    >-)
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Let's go ahead and kick the third round off. The round where tougher matches are more likely. Things may or may not get more serious. Judging by everyone's analysis from the last day, there isn't a clear cut favorite.

Will we see a battle of the heavyweights? Will we see two Cinderellas going against each other? Let's find out right about now.

Speaking of heavyweights, the Randomnator has kicked off with a perennial favorite. In her two matches, she annihilated Pola and eeked by Vesper. After recovering from her epic battle with Vesper, she is ready to battle again. Here's everyone's favorite red-haired femme fatale to kick off the third round. Riding her motorcycle down now, please welcome one of the two remaining Italians...Thunderball's Luciana Paluzzi

Fiona Volpe

We have three Swedes in the Round of 16. Let's bring the first Swede out. This woman defeated "My Mistress" and Lupe to make it here. Now she is ready for tougher competition. She's the "sweet" in the Sweet 16. She can hide anything and can hide anywhere. Riding down in her AMC Hornet, please welcome The Man With the Golden Gun's...Britt Eklund...

Mary Goodnight

Will Fiona give Mary the dance of death or will Mary unleash her concealed secret weapons to defeat Fiona?

Start the third round.......

Now

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Fiona Volpe, no competition.
    Fiona because she doesn't hear the heavenly choirs sing.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Goodnight Mary ;) Fiona Volpe it is.