Let's Talk The Walking Dead

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Try Hulu, or Netflix.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Does Netflix already have them up? I figured they'd wait until season four was out on DVD/blu-ray.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't know, actually. I don't use Netflix.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    F**k me that was epic. Loved every minute of it.
    anyone else thinking that The Governor may have survived? It's unlikely but it seems odd how they cut away from it right when the girl fired.

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing.
    If he did die then I thought it was a disappointing death. I would have liked to have seen him ripped to shreds by walkers while he was still alive like Captain Rhodes was in the excellent 'Day of the Dead' as he is or was so evil. I hope that the ba***rd is still alive because he brings a real menace to the show. Then if he does eventually die ( I hope he eventually does but not now) I want it to be an epic death.

What a great battle it was though! I also loved
    how that little blonde girl shot the attractive brunette in the head - the one who had training in the marines or the army. She was getting on my nerves because she was relentless in trying to kill that black guy so I cheered when she was put down.

Season 1 and 2 are actually my favourite although I really like all of them.
    Bounine wrote:
    If he did die then I thought it was a disappointing death. I would have liked to have seen him ripped to shreds by walkers while he was still alive like Captain Rhodes was in the excellent 'Day of the Dead' as he is or was so evil. I hope that the ba***rd is still alive because he brings a real menace to the show. Then if he does eventually die ( I hope he eventually does but not now) I want it to be an epic death.
    He died the same death he was afforded in the comics (plus or minus an impalement by Michonne). Not everybody gets to be torn apart. Hell, in the comics, people would just be offed in the back of a panel, not even given prominence in the scene. That's how Axel died in the comics. As awesome as it would have been to see the Governor die a Rhodes-esque death, I'm fine with how he died in the show.
    Bounine wrote:
    What a great battle it was though! I also loved
    how that little blonde girl shot the attractive brunette in the head - the one who had training in the marines or the army. She was getting on my nerves because she was relentless in trying to kill that black guy so I cheered when she was put down.
    Those kids are living proof that you just do not f*ck with that prison.

Season 1 and 2 are actually my favourite although I really like all of them.[/quote]

I loved Season 1, and I loved Season 2, and I loved Season 3. Season 4 is turning out to be one of my favorites.
  • 1) Series 4
    2) Series 1
    3) Series 3
    4) Series 2

That's how I see it.
  • I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't watch this! I never have time to get into any new shows.
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't watch this! I never have time to get into any new shows.

If that's the case, you have to watch 'Breaking Bad' first. The hype is well-deserved.
  • I am a huge Breaking Bad fan. That, Archer, and Portlandia are really the only shows I watch outside of Netflix binges.
    I am a huge Breaking Bad fan. That, Archer, and Portlandia are really the only shows I watch outside of Netflix binges.

Nice to see another 'Archer' fan. I've been going back and re-watching it on Netflix myself.

But, let's not derail this topic, you can PM me if you wish to speak more on some films. Since you do have Netflix, I'd say go ahead and watch the first three seasons of TWD and see how you feel about it. Hell, I might go back and rewatch the third season straight through and see if I gain a bigger appreciation for it. I think that's my problem: I see/play something, have a negative time with it, and write it off forever, when there have been numerous times I've been in that situation, returned to it, and loved it. Maybe that's what I should do.

So like I said, the first three seasons are there, check them out and see how you feel about the show.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I see/play something, have a negative time with it, and write it off forever, when there have been numerous times I've been in that situation, returned to it, and loved it. Maybe that's what I should do.

I think I can remember one time when that happened to me. Oh, wait, no, I still hate the film World War Z.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I see/play something, have a negative time with it, and write it off forever, when there have been numerous times I've been in that situation, returned to it, and loved it. Maybe that's what I should do.

I think I can remember one time when that happened to me. Oh, wait, no, I still hate the film World War Z.

Why do you hate World War Z? I think it's a pretty good film (the ending is the best when Pitt's character injects himself with the virus) but if zombies could run as fast as the ones in this film, we'd all be dead a lot sooner.
    This is World War Z, not really even in a nutshell:

Brad Pitt has a family.
    Zombies attack.
    Brad Pitt is a damn good survivalist in a situation absolutely no one has anticipated.
    Brad Pitt and his family are taken to a ship.
    Brad Pitt globe-trots, somehow causing zombies to show up literally ten seconds later.
    Brad Pitt gets to Wales.
    There's decent zombie stuff happening as he walks through a zombie-infested part of that WHO building.
    Brad Pitt finds a way to camouflage himself from the zombies.
    The movie ends.

I've seen all sorts of zombie movies - good, bad and otherwise. Only one other zombie movie has actually made me press the "stop" button out of boredom, and that's Gangsters, Guns and Zombies (or something along those lines), where these four gangsters are driving through rural England (never specified where, if I remember correctly, and I don't) trying to find bandages for their friend, and occasionally a zombie shows up to do all of nothing.

World War Z is nothing but a butcher to everything that made the novel great. And what's worse: I knew that before I saw it, and it still disappointed me! I've watched it twice, only once all the way through, and I don't know if it'll ever grace my DVD player again, unless the sequel is a 180 degree turnaround.
    Never read the novel but one thing I hate is when a film barely does any justice to the book it's based on.

The end of WWZ was supposed to be another big action set piece but thank god Forster convinced the producers otherwise. I enjoyed the ending in that medical facility.
    That section is the only part of the film that seems like a zombie movie to me. From the beginning until then, the movie just flounders because the zombies never seem to be a threat to anyone except those who've had no character development. Pitt's character just never seems like he's taking this seriously except at the beginning (when he's in survival mode, like he's been dealing with zombies his whole life) and the end (at the WHO facility). In South Korea, Israel and on that plane, the only thing he conveys is "Oh, hey, zombies". The only character I even liked in that film died about five~ten minutes after he's introduced (James Badge Dale's character, Captain Specke, or something like that).
    @Agent007391 I'll have to watch this film again but I see what you're driving at. Certainly the ending was by far my favourite part of the film. I don't remember everything in the movie though. Are they going to make a sequel? The movie definitely doesn't compare to the Romero films and 'The Walking Dead', every episode of which I've loved. Damn, it's going to be hard to wait for it's return in February. Seems like an eternity away. 'The Mentalist' starts back in January. I wish they had have done the same for TWD.

In the last episode of season 4 before the mid season break, did you get the impression that the character who plays Rick was perhaps acting a little melodramatically whilst conversing with the governor, or has his character become more vulnerable and even more tired of the situation he and the others face everyday. Certainly it could be the latter. Could very well have been the direction he was given. I do think that he has the tendency to slightly over act sometimes though.
    Yeah, there are times when I think Andrew Lincoln over acts, but that was not one of them. They've been facing the dead and other hostile living for a year an a half, he's lost his wife, his best friend, and his son nearly dove into madness, and yet, despite all of that, they've kept what's left of their humanity. He doesn't want to live with the Governor, but he's willing to, for the greater good.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 170
    Wrong Discussion!

Then why'd you post?
  • Ugh, season 4 was dreadful until the gov returned. Then it was amazing. At least they're out of that prison now so season 5 may have some promise.
    Then why'd you post?

I'm guessing he accidentally posted something off-topic and then edited it to say that.
    Coldfinger wrote:
    Ugh, season 4 was dreadful until the gov returned. Then it was amazing. At least they're out of that prison now so season 5 may have some promise.

Those first few episodes were kind of slow, but they were character development until the Governor showed up. Now we just have to wait for the second half of Season 4.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Bit slow and Carl is getting on my nerves now (hated how he blamed Rick for everything and thought him writing on the door was just the writers trying too hard to make him seem badass) but it was a pretty good episode, I'm looking forward to seeing what happened to the rest of them now. I'm also glad that they finally saw sense and bought the UK airdate forward, we're only a day behind America now.

"It's a tight knot, it'll hold. Shane taught me, remember him?"- Carl

original.jpg
    I sort of like the Rick/Carl tension, but the Michonne story was by and large the better section.
    The little girl (Lily? Lizzy?) I think is probably the most interesting character on the show at the moment. A little girl who's been moulded into a psychopath by the world she's been forced to grow up in.

I'm loving Abraham so far. He's a fun character and given how grim and deadly serious the show normally is it's refreshing to have a more colourful, funny character. I thought he was meant to be a baddy though, the new main villain now The Governors gone? At the moment he's a good guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they get to this sanctuary and to finally seeing Tyreese's reaction when he finds out what Carol did.
    If it goes the comic route (which Michael Cudlitz said would happen), then Abraham won't be a bad guy. I, personally, liked Eugene picking up an assault rifle and totally not being able to use it. The apocalypse has been going on for a year and half, and for some reason they didn't teach the scientist that needs to survive how to survive! Then there's Rosita, who I hope turns out to be more than just eye-candy (though I'm not disappointed if this is the case). I do wonder who the next main villain will be, now that the Governor's gone. It'd be a very interesting twist if it turned out to be Carol.
    Is anyone else playing the second season of the game? Michael Madsen is playing the bad guy!
    Is anyone else playing the second season of the game? Michael Madsen is playing the bad guy!

That's awesome! I'm, personally, going to wait until a disc release (just of the standard five episodes, I'll spring for any DLC later, like I did with Season One).
  • I'm so glad I read it as walking the dead phew.