A "Cracked" Theory: DAD a dream ?

edited December 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 5,812
Daily, I read what's new on the humour site Cracked, and recently, they exposed an intersting theory about Die Another Day:

Apart from the PTS, the rest of the movie was a nightmare Bond had while he was imprisoned and tortured in the North Korean jail.

In fact, that could explain a lot, don't you think ? Especially the wrong things (the VR Moneypenny/Bond thrist being the one that infuriated me the most). Here's the article:

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/E28098die-another-dayE28099-was-all-in-bondE28099s-head-conspiracy-theory/

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No. DAD happened it's just that what happened was for the most part atrocious.
    I wish i was in a nightmare when i see that film. DAD is just a bad dream for all of us, so bad we can't forget it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It still doesn't explain that absolutely atrocious CGI.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It still doesn't explain that absolutely atrocious CGI.

Brozzer Bond doesn't have a very good imagination.
    I love Brosnan - I've said it time and time again, he's my favorite Bond - but wow, is that CGI terrible. I can't get over it. I just ignore it and enjoy the fun parts: the PTS, Cuba, the sword fight, etc.
    KI don't know about a dream but it seems to be the hallucination of a madman who has escaped his padded cell.

And is running away in womens clothes with a New Zealand accent.
  • I was just thinking a couple of days ago, the same could be said about SkyFall. What if Bond really did die from the fall of the bridge in the PTS and then had a dying dream in which eveything was resolved. This is even somewhat hinted at in the lyrics 'This is the end/ I've drowned and dreamed this moment'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was just thinking a couple of days ago, the same could be said about SkyFall. What if Bond really did die from the fall of the bridge in the PTS and then had a dying dream in which eveything was resolved. This is even somewhat hinted at in the lyrics 'This is the end/ I've drowned and dreamed this moment'

This isn't a Nolan film. It's a Bond film, and it all happened. Even in most Nolan films (especially TDKR), what you see happened, happened.

It is sad to say, but yes, DAD did happen, and we can't erase it from history. All we can do is learn from it, something the Craig era is doing in spades.
    I was just thinking a couple of days ago, the same could be said about SkyFall. What if Bond really did die from the fall of the bridge in the PTS and then had a dying dream in which eveything was resolved. This is even somewhat hinted at in the lyrics 'This is the end/ I've drowned and dreamed this moment'

This isn't a Nolan film. It's a Bond film, and it all happened. Even in most Nolan films (especially TDKR), what you see happened, happened.

It is sad to say, but yes, DAD did happen, and we can't erase it from history. All we can do is learn from it, something the Craig era is doing in spades.

This. Right here. Perfectly stated.

It isn't a Nolan film, and it wasn't some "dream within a dream within a VR" type film.
  • I was just thinking a couple of days ago, the same could be said about SkyFall. What if Bond really did die from the fall of the bridge in the PTS and then had a dying dream in which eveything was resolved. This is even somewhat hinted at in the lyrics 'This is the end/ I've drowned and dreamed this moment'

I know it all happened, @0Brady, but it's just fun to come up with theories like this, and see how much evidence you can find to support it, it's like some people say the end of 'Taxi Driver' is all a dream, there are a couple more movies you can do that with. It's just fun.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Again ?! Is this a club of dreamers ? So did I... for both films plot. lol
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This isn't Dallas.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I know it all happened, @0Brady, but it's just fun to come up with theories like this, and see how much evidence you can find to support it, it's like some people say the end of 'Taxi Driver' is all a dream, there are a couple more movies you can do that with. It's just fun.
    But in Taxi Driver's case, that very well may be a possibility.