Skyfall bulldog- has anyone bought?

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
edited December 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,400
They are out of stock now, but price is now 70- US.

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have one on order... Not arriving until Feb though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Where can I can one? (Should this be in merchandise thread?)
    Wouldn't mind one myself! Are they only produced in the US?
  • It's made by Royal Doulton in the UK. Has become very rare, silly prices, this is off ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/James-Bond-007-Skyfall-British-Bulldog-Union-Jack-NEW-SEALED-SOLD-OUT-RARE-/281017659943#vi-content

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, those prices are ridiculous. It isn't worth that much.
  • Seems like a lot of money just for a silly china toy that you put on your desk ?

But fair enough, if fans of the movie have their heart set on one of these things, you can appreciate that, but wouldn't ideally like one in our home. Incidentally one of the very best lines from Skyfall I enjoyed was related to this very item, when after MI6 blows, it is seen on M's desk at the interim headquarters and Craig says - "The whole place goes up and the only thing to survive is that bloody thing ?"

Genuine humor there, and I can see why one or two people would want to depart with their money over one of these things, but won't be making a purchase this time
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I'll do it for 70- when they come back in, but 400?
  • I wouldn't even give them seven dollars for one to be truthful. If they gave them away I would maybe even think about it, but to pay an actual sum of money for one, not so sure about that, but some people, will indeed purchase anything these days

Someone bought the piano from Casablanca recently, "Play it again Sam" for $ 600,000 in New York at auction. Now that is a worthwhile purchase, but silly china dogs, not quite so attractive a purchase..
    Jeez! That is just silly money!