Last nights Bond music anniversary gala on BBC4

2»

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    bobp wrote:
    I was at the concert itself and it was absolutely brilliant to hear it live.

BBC4 did not transmit the entire concert and after the Skyfall theme, whereas the tv broadcast finishes there was actually an encore that consisted of both You Only Live Twice and Surrender which brought the house down. The audience gave it a standing ovation and well deserved.

Honor Blackman introduced Surrender by saying that most cinemagoers may not have heard this originally at the end of the film as they most probably were in a rust to exit the cinema as soon as the end titles started and that they had missed one of the best Bond songs. It was fantastic for Surrender to finally get the recognition it deserves.

The theme for OHMSS was played just before We Have All the Time in the World and the only theme that was not played was Sheryl Crows Tomorrow Never Dies.

Diamonds Are Forever and All Time High were played too?

Thanks for this information, hopefully a two hour extended version is broadcast next year. Yeah right, I wish!
    Yes All Time High was played - still a naff song - and Diamonds Are Forever was played - sent a shiver down the audiences spine.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Well, a bad move by the BBC then, for not playing everything. I'd really like that extended version now!
    I am afraid to say that the superb versions of You Only Live Twice and Surrender should have taken preference over All Time High, Never Say Never Again and the nadir of Bond themes Quantum of Solace.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TMWTGG surprisingly didn't sound that bad.