George Lazenby vs Pierce Brosnan

12346»

Comments

acoppola wrote:
    I think if you look at the newer franchises like Batman, there is a 3 year wait inbetween films rather than the traditional 2 years to increase anticipation and have more marketing manoueverability.

I agree, which is why I'm a bit concerned about Bond24 coming out in 2 years time. As a fan, I'm excited about the prospect of another Bond film right around the corner. But 2012 is a different time than 1964 or 1977 or 1983 even when it comes to film making. The productions are much bigger and require a lot more planning and prep. Plus, the films 1962-1985, mostly had a good amount of Fleming source material still to work with (even though FYEO through AVTAK were mostly short story based) , so the stories didn't need to come from scratch, as they do now.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    JBFan626 wrote:
    acoppola wrote:
    I think if you look at the newer franchises like Batman, there is a 3 year wait inbetween films rather than the traditional 2 years to increase anticipation and have more marketing manoueverability.

I agree, which is why I'm a bit concerned about Bond24 coming out in 2 years time. As a fan, I'm excited about the prospect of another Bond film right around the corner. But 2012 is a different time than 1964 or 1977 or 1983 even when it comes to film making. The productions are much bigger and require a lot more planning and prep. Plus, the films 1962-1985, mostly had a good amount of Fleming source material still to work with (even though FYEO through AVTAK were mostly short story based) , so the stories didn't need to come from scratch, as they do now.

2 years is enough time to get a decent film out there. I think they are striking with the success of SF and trying to get as many Craig films out whilst he is young enough.

But the best intentions can always be hampered. I just hope they do not try to make a Craig James Bond greatest hits style film. I would prefer they play him to his strengths and not go for any mimickry to appease some fans.

• edited December 2012 Posts: 172
    why there is no poll for this thread?