Should Boyd Novel Reference "Colonel Sun" or "Devil May Care"

2»

Comments

• DB5DB5
    Bounine wrote:
    One would think but I won't be surprised if there isn't any reference. Although, didn't Faulks mention TMWTGG assignment in DMC? Can't remember. Hopefully Boyd will have referenced one or two of Bond's assignments. I don't think IFP would have held him to it though.

I believe both Amis and Faulks mentioned TMWTGG. My suggestion is that DMC be treated like that "lost" season of "Dallas," that is was all just a bad dream.

DB5 wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    One would think but I won't be surprised if there isn't any reference. Although, didn't Faulks mention TMWTGG assignment in DMC? Can't remember. Hopefully Boyd will have referenced one or two of Bond's assignments. I don't think IFP would have held him to it though.

I believe both Amis and Faulks mentioned TMWTGG. My suggestion is that DMC be treated like that "lost" season of "Dallas," that is was all just a bad dream.

Well said DB5 - DMC was a complete nightmare!

Yeah, Bond should wake up one morning, sweating from a terrible nightmare. Through yawns, he mumbles to himself "a villain with a monkey paw!" then laughs out loud.
    Bounine wrote:

CS mentioned The Man With Golden Gun.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Bounine wrote:
    Yes, interesting story regarding the reviewer. I had always wondered if this may have been the case. I'm not sure if I'd want to work as a movie reviewer. It might take away the fun of watching films. The same can obviously be said for books.

If Boyd writes a good book then I don't think it really matters if he hasn't mentioned any of Bond's past assignments. Well, I won't care anyway. I certainly hope he hasn't mentioned DMC though!

Only a month to go! Hopefully September (and maybe October as I might still be reading it then) will be the highlight of 2013.

Yes, I'd like a clean slate too. No need to mention the continuations and I'm sure that IFP don't stipulate that, either. In fact, they'd probably rather forget the whole thing, especially with DMC.